[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

What was your first programming language you've learnt?

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 17
Thread images: 4

File: start.png (866B, 562x386px) Image search: [Google]
start.png
866B, 562x386px
What was your first programming language you've learnt?

>1995
>be 6
>first day in school
>see this nigger in the second class of Monday
>get flashbacks 23 years after
>>
>>60432698
Hypercard scripting, lol.
>>
>>60432698
BASIC V2 on the C64 when I was 5 years old.
>>
>>60432698
BASIC on a pic related when I was 10
>>
>>60432698

Python, I think
>>
>>60432698
basic on commodore 64
>>
JavaScript
>>
File: tp7-1.jpg (163KB, 1366x768px) Image search: [Google]
tp7-1.jpg
163KB, 1366x768px
>>60432698
Turbo pascal. I wrote a simple text adventure game and then gave up after 3 or 4 branches because I didn't know how to proceed kek
>>
some java when I was 10 but then went to pascal instead
in 2000-2006 kinda just messed with pascal mostly, some php and some java
then went to superior meme languages like javascriot and python
>>
>>60432698
BASIC on C64, but I had to stop at variables because I didn't understand the concept at the time (I was 10 or something).

I never bothered learning to program though, so I may also just be bad at it.
>>
Java when I was 16, in high school (Yuropean equievelant of)
>>
>>60432698
Java, sometime in my teenage years. In middle school they had us use that alice thing instead of real programming
>>
PHP by myself
Python, but just a little bit
Pascal in school
C in university
Java in university
Z80 assambler in university
Python at work, the one language I'm an expert in
>>
>>60434791
Turbo Pascal was pretty ballin' I had a library someone wrote to add sound blaster capabilities.
>>
File: 1394062557857.jpg (60KB, 550x366px) Image search: [Google]
1394062557857.jpg
60KB, 550x366px
>>60432698
YaBASIC on the PS2, I shit you not. Anyone else remember the demo disc that came with the console when you bought it? UK here and it was one of the original lot, so I dunno if the disc's contents were different to yours.

Anyway, yeah. Very basic (pun intended) graphics capabilities, was obviously intended to be used with a keyboard but I didn't have one at the time, so I had to type code in with the awful on-screen keyboard. I learned what I could from the bundled demo programs, and I think the Official UK Playstation magazine (or whatever it was called) published some code that I laboriously typed in.

My uncle had been a programmer for years at this point, and I showed it to him when he visited one weekend. We'd just got our first PC, luckily, and he lent me a Visual Basic 6 book along with bootleg copies of Visual Studio 6 and MSDN, so I had a pretty good start. I was 13.

Christ. I'm nearly 30 now, and I haven't thought about that for years. I literally did nothing with my spare time except learn to program in every language I could get my grubby little hands on. I don't regret it one bit.
>>
>>60436349
Maek gaem.
>>
>>60436349
i'm 24 and i've messed with C#, PHP and Python a bit. still haven't actually made anything. anon, tell me there's hope.
Thread posts: 17
Thread images: 4

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.