[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

WHY U NO BOOT ANYMORE? REEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE RIP muh first

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 12
Thread images: 2

File: IMG_1702.jpg (513KB, 3000x2000px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_1702.jpg
513KB, 3000x2000px
WHY U NO BOOT ANYMORE? REEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE

RIP muh first raspberry pi. Was a brilliant investment and got me into that hacker culture and finally into embedded systems. Thank you, raspberry foundation :-)
>>
>>60426564

Have you tried connecting to a serial terminal to see what uboot is shitting out over the serial port?
>>
File: 1454897592149.png (293KB, 633x758px) Image search: [Google]
1454897592149.png
293KB, 633x758px
>>60426599
Yes, as you can see in the pic.
It is spitting out nothing. ;_;
>>
>>60426651

I don't know pin outs, but I'm also assuming you're applying voltage and ground to the correct pins.

JTAG?
>>
>>60426651

Well, then. It sounds like this device served you well and is ready for retirement. Put it on a stand with an honorable mention and get a new one.
>>
>>60426705
I just copied that image from the SD to another microSD and tried out that serial connection with my raspberry pi 2 and it worked. That way I could atleast save my last script.
My raspi2 serves as my blog though. Will get a raspi3 then or try out one of its clones.
>>
>>60426743

If you really are a hacker, I'd heavily recommend you figure out the JTAG interface on the RPI. You'd be surprised; maybe your boot rom just shat itself and needs to be relapsed... which you can do over JTAG.
>>
I used my first Raspberry PI to watch anime on my old CRT TV.

Since it couldn't do 10 bit video properly it shat out pink artifacts and stuff. It's like I was watching busted VHS cassette.

Then I bought a LCD TV and discovered I could just stream video from PC
>>
>>60426783

*reflashed

Thanks, phone.
>>
>>60426783
>If you really are a hacker,
Still in learning phase, but yeah might try that out. Never done anything with JTAG.
Will definitly not throw it away right now
>>
>>60426787
Just don't get 10bit releases?

All it's for is a slight reduction in file size.
Although many 10bit releases are so huge that there's barely any advantage in it.
>>
>>60426799

It's the non populated P2 connector on the motherboard, the Broadcom JTAG. P3 is for the USB Ethernet adapter.

The pin outs are in the schematic. Best of luck.
Thread posts: 12
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.