[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

>/g/ thinks it is 2014 when you mention KDE to them when

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 17
Thread images: 4

File: kde.png (607KB, 2880x1800px) Image search: [Google]
kde.png
607KB, 2880x1800px
>/g/ thinks it is 2014 when you mention KDE to them

when will you improve your computer experience and quality of life with the masterrace DE?
>>
>>60425145
i dropped KDE when they moved to 4.x
>>
>>60425159

KDE 4.0 was a load of shit, but by now it's speedy and stable
Gnome 3 was an even bigger disaster and there's no improvement in sight.
>>
File: 1494705894728.png (124KB, 464x536px) Image search: [Google]
1494705894728.png
124KB, 464x536px
>>60425262
> speedy

KDE will never be speedy, anon.
KDE is an ugly mess.
>>
>>60425284

Compared to how it was, anyway. KDE fills the niche of the full fat desktop environment well.
>>
>>60425145
>not using xfce
>>
>>60425262
eh, i just went to WM's after KDE3, even if KDE was good again, i don't really feel the need to use DE anymore
>>
is this finally ported to plasma 5.x? 3 years later, is it still missing this absolute fucking basic functionality for wacom tablets?
no....? ... you have to install a crash prone, beta version done by a literally who to have it (and I'm a normie artist not a fucking lunix hacker i don't know how to do this shit and there is no tuts online)
really makes neural lobes compute...
>>
>2014 was 15 years ago
>>
>>60425145
no, I try it every year. still a bloated and ugly piece of crap
>>
File: 1494259215704.jpg (117KB, 1280x914px) Image search: [Google]
1494259215704.jpg
117KB, 1280x914px
CINNAMON MASTER RACE 
CINNAMON MASTER RACE
E CINNAMON MASTER RAC
CE CINNAMON MASTER RA
ACE CINNAMON MASTER R
RACE CINNAMON MASTER
RACE CINNAMON MASTER
R RACE CINNAMON MASTE
ER RACE CINNAMON MAST
TER RACE CINNAMON MAS
STER RACE CINNAMON MA
ASTER RACE CINNAMON M
MASTER RACE CINNAMON
MASTER RACE CINNAMON
N MASTER RACE CINNAMO
ON MASTER RACE CINNAM
MON MASTER RACE CINNA
AMON MASTER RACE CINN
NAMON MASTER RACE CIN
NNAMON MASTER RACE CI
INNAMON MASTER RACE C
CINNAMON MASTER RACE
>>
>>60429309

MATE > Cinnamon

good choice though
>>
>>60425145
What baffles me is the fact that they jerk off to XFCE.

KDE uses basically the same resources of modern XFCE and less than Gnome 3 and Unity.
You have even more customization choices with KDE.
KDE has an actually usable window compositor with no window tearing, Wayland support and high-dpi support all out of box.
Both GTK+ and Qt apps look great on KDE, while Qt apps look like dogshit on both Gnome and XFCE.

KDE is the best DE.
>>
>>60425145

When they finally move to wayland. Maybe in 2024.
>>
>>60429534
It's called xfeces for a reason.
>>
>>60429534
Truly. A bunch of my friends moved from Windows because of KDE
>>
>>60429534
KDE doesn't really jack off to xfce. Their philosophies are different, except for the fact that by default they choose to have a windows-like interface by default.

Gnome3 and Xfce are self-centered desktop environments, only caring much for their own, and trying to provide a consistent but also unique experience that can only be found in these DEs. However, that does mean they do not play nice with the other kids on the block.

KDE on the other hand, is about user choice and customization, allowing the end user to mold the DE into what they want it to be. That includes having to provide decent support for GTK+ applications, especially considering KDE has been the only significant Qt-based DE for a long time. In the end, it means KDE plays nice with the other kids. Instead of choosing to go into certain directions, they choose to remain neutral, not bound to anything outside of the KDE project.
Thread posts: 17
Thread images: 4

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.