[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Is ElementaryOS going to take off someday? It's cute for

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 24
Thread images: 3

File: ElementaryOS_Loki.png (922KB, 1200x750px) Image search: [Google]
ElementaryOS_Loki.png
922KB, 1200x750px
Is ElementaryOS going to take off someday? It's cute for daily use, but nothing else.
>>
>>60424797
>It's cute for daily use, but nothing else.

Isn't that the point?

Also apparently it is the first release that should be able to update to the next with no problems. Has removed add-apt-repository, taking it's own route outside the ubuntu ecosystem.
>>
>>60424867
>Isn't that the point?
That would make it as useless as a benchmark.

This kind of "cute" distro is perfect for a simple daily use, Office, creative work, and that's all. The problem (as with many other distributions) is that they want to include a lot of their own software, something useless for those who go for the Vivaldi+Office+VLC combo.
>>
>>60424797
it did but under a different name
I think it was called OS X?
>>
>>60424797
not likely
>>
>>60425521
faggot
>>
>>60425521
:^)
>>
>>60425521
What does mom say about you're background?
>>
>>60425521
Not gay but hnnng!
>>
>>60424797
no. it's just a bunch of designers doing pretty uis with no functionality. also it's not even pretty anymore. looks a bit dated
>>
>>60425521
Cocoa is extremely sluggish on the same hardware compared to Granite. On the upside, OsX doesnt have a tearing problem which is one of my major gripes with Elementary. On the whole it's a wash, but I just never felt like forking over $3000 again after my MBP gave up after a little over 2 years.
>>
>>60429535
>looks a bit dated
Only the icons. Switch it for Papirus and you're good to go.
>>
>>60425521
>someone saved your desktop
nice
>>
>>60424797
I tried it and it was slow as shit for some reason on my x220.
>>
>>60430713
>Not 3D
>>
>>60430836
what?
>>
>>60424797
No, it sucks. Just buy a Mac is you wanna be a pretend dick sucker
>>
>>60430861
[spoiler]>Not real life loli.[/spoiler]
>>
I am using elementaryos while I am writing this. At the end it is a pretty ubuntu, and in the background it is a debian, I have installed everything that I have needed without problems
>>
>>60431486
oh. gross
>>
>>60424797
It's ok as a beginner distro but nothing more than that.
>>
>>60431920
This is the difference between a patrician and a pleibian.
>>
>>60429535
name one productive function you cant do with eOS that you can with another distro, or admit you're just a memeing underage and doesnt understand that all linux distros have the same functionality.
>>
>>60424867
>Has removed add-apt-repository, taking it's own route outside the ubuntu ecosystem.
Dead-in-the-water tier then.
Thread posts: 24
Thread images: 3

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.