[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

I need headphones that block out pretty much all noise. I work

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 14
Thread images: 4

I need headphones that block out pretty much all noise.

I work in a cubicle farm with annoying, middle-aged female coworkers that never shut the fuck up and who have irritating, high-pitched voices; worse, I've always been exceedingly sensitive to background chatter. It drives me fucking insane, and makes me want to literally die.

While I don't like making rec threads, I'm desperate, and need someone who has been in the same situation and can attest to a model or brand or SOMETHING. I've heard active noise cancelling can't do much about voices, which is what I need to block out.

I don't care too much about price, but I'd rather not spend more than 400 dollars or so.
>>
you could just use normal earbuds and put good quality ear muffs over the top
>>
File: 5b7.png (374KB, 600x528px) Image search: [Google]
5b7.png
374KB, 600x528px
>>60417251
>earbuds
>>
>>60417251

That sounds uncomfortable.
>>
>>60417550
Ive done it before
it is
>>
>>60417251
>>60417624
this. wearing those earmuffs for prolonged periods of time on their own is uncomfortable, because it squeezes your jaw, and also when it's hot it gets hella sweaty in there. When you add in earbuds, it pushes the stem of the bud against some part of your ear, which feels very bad after some time. It can also push the earbud itself further into your ear than you would normally like, which can be quite uncomfortable if you your ear innards are on the smaller side
>>
File: ex29.jpg (46KB, 660x440px) Image search: [Google]
ex29.jpg
46KB, 660x440px
>>
Bose QC35 have the best reviews for noise cancelling.
>>
>>60416982

you could just tell them bitches to shut it
>>
>>60416982
The Yamaha EPH-100 are dangerously isolating for use in public/walking around. They'll work fine for shutting out cubicle crap.

If the latex tips aren't comfortable for you then order some foam ones from comply.
>>
JVC SZ2000
>>
I want some too but since they will be most likely fucked up soon I want a chep thing, any ideas?
>>
>>60417912
how do these compare to the etymotic hf5? I heard similar things about those, but honestly they don't isolate that much for me, no matter what sized tips I use or how carefully I put them in
>>
>>60418215
I would say they're more isolating.

With the yamaha silicon tips and a normal music volume I can't hear people talking to me. They do seal well for me, but there are three tip sizes included too if you're worried about that.

With the comply tips the isolation is lessened, but not much. They let my ears breathe though since I tend to get moist ears using IEMs.

The bass on the yamahas are better as well, with both tip types, but moreso with the yamaha latex.
Both tip types are fairly comfortable. Foam is slightly better for long term use because of the air circulation.

I like them quite a bit for IEMs.
Thread posts: 14
Thread images: 4

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.