[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Questions for macfags 0. Why can't I merge directories in

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 14
Thread images: 5

File: 1491785528421.png (296KB, 649x649px) Image search: [Google]
1491785528421.png
296KB, 649x649px
Questions for macfags
0. Why can't I merge directories in macOS?
1. Why does right-click not mean right-click?
2. Why is it that when I move shit.png into a directory where there is already a shit.png I do not have the option to rename one of the files?
3. Why are computers running macOS from 2012 unsupported, despite the hardware being fine?
4. How is scrolling backwards with the mouse-wheel considered "NATURAL"?
5. How does selecting a file and pressing enter NOT a means of opening said file?
6. Why is the mouse sensitivity ridiculously low by default?
7. How do you figure your Apple products break just after Apple Support expires on them?
8. How is it that Apple store employees are paid half as much as equally qualified Verizon store employees?
>>
>>60414351
Good questions OP I share like 1 or 2 of them
>>
File: 1480666122231.jpg (3MB, 4992x4992px) Image search: [Google]
1480666122231.jpg
3MB, 4992x4992px
>>60414351
>>0. Why can't I merge directories in macOS?
You can.

https://support.apple.com/kb/PH22185?viewlocale=en_US&locale=en_US

>1. Why does right-click not mean right-click?
It does.

>2. Why is it that when I move shit.png into a directory where there is already a shit.png I do not have the option to rename one of the files?
You can. If you don't see an option to rename, hold the Opt key.

>3. Why are computers running macOS from 2012 unsupported, despite the hardware being fine?
My Mac mini is from 2012. Still supported.

>4. How is scrolling backwards with the mouse-wheel considered "NATURAL"?
Because it makes sense. It works the same way as smartphones, tablets, control surfaces, mixers etc. Moving the finger up scrolls the content, not the damn scroll bar.

>5. How does selecting a file and pressing enter NOT a means of opening said file?
Why does pressing F2 rename files in Windows?

>6. Why is the mouse sensitivity ridiculously low by default?
Who cares? Change it to whatever you want.

>7. How do you figure your Apple products break just after Apple Support expires on them?
LOL. It doesn't.

>8. How is it that Apple store employees are paid half as much as equally qualified Verizon store employees?
Why is Microsoft hiring unqualified Pajeets to lover everyone else's salaries?
>>
>>60414351
>Verizon
HAHHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHHAHAHAHAHHAHA
>>
>>60414574
>>You can
"The Merge option appears only if one of the folders contains items that are not in the other folder. If the folders contain different versions of identically named files, the only options are Stop or Replace. "
Both Winkeks and Lanux give you the dialogue for merging in the latter case. Speaking of pajeets, it seems as though pajeets are better at making an OS than Apple Engineers. How does it feel?
>>it does
It most definitely does not.
>You can. If you don't see an option to rename, hold the Opt key.
You aren't prompted this when doing the action unlike every other operating system in existence.
>My Mac mini is from 2012. Still supported.
Non-servicable ;-)
>Because it makes sense
Against industry standard for every desktop environment ever. Natural scrolling is not natural.
>Why does pressing F2 rename files in Windows?
Nice dodge. In both Linux and Windows pressing enter on a selected file will open/run it. Let me ask again: why is Apple trying to reinvent the wheel with such a basic function?
>LOL. It doesn't.
There is documented evidence of this and you need only ask someone from outside the cult.
>Why is Microsoft hiring unqualified Pajeets to lover everyone else's salaries?
We weren't talking about Micro$. We were talking about the practices of Apple and Verizon stores operating in the United States. Answer the question, you silly man.

>>60414581
It's a bit sad that a collapsing company like Verizon can afford to pay its store employees a decent salary.
>>
>>60414351
Right click is only right click on every other operating system in existence. It would seem that macOS intends to reinvent the wheel.
>>
>>60414574
OP just got BTFO!

>>60414824
DAMAGE CONTROL from a failed attempt at trolling LMAO
>>
File: kekekekekekek.png (212KB, 600x500px) Image search: [Google]
kekekekekekek.png
212KB, 600x500px
>>60415016
>>
File: 1492655462244.png (865KB, 1526x1181px) Image search: [Google]
1492655462244.png
865KB, 1526x1181px
>>60415016
hahah
>>
>why is Apple trying to reinvent the wheel
>>
>>60415209
>Why is "it just works" actually "We're snowflakes"
>>
>>60415209
>think different, think gay
>>
>>60415209
I hate Apple as much as the next guy, but you realize that if nobody ever reinvended the wheel we'd all be using primitive wooden wheels still, right?
>>
>>60414351
yeah, moving the scroll wheel up should match your eyes moving up to the top of the document. Moving the scroll wheel down should match moving your eyes down towards the bottom of the document.
Thread posts: 14
Thread images: 5

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.