[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

So I installed Xubuntu on my netbook, and now after the install

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 22
Thread images: 2

So I installed Xubuntu on my netbook, and now after the install I cant get it to boot. I keep getting pic related. If I boot from USB it just gives me the option to install it again. When I tried that, it told me that this SSD already has a copy of Ubuntu installed.

I've been googling and everyone says "boot repair" but nothing in depth. Anyone know how I can fix this?
>>
File: Shame.jpg (97KB, 900x1000px) Image search: [Google]
Shame.jpg
97KB, 900x1000px
>he fell for the Linux meme
>>
>>60400160
better than the preinstalled Windows 8.1 with Bing
>>
>>60400172
At least Windows actually boots :^)
>>
Do I have to install the OS in the CSM boot mode and then boot in UEFI? Or is UEFI fine for installation too
>>
>>60400153
Check out this article. I had the same issue in the past but this solved it

https://itsfoss.com/no-bootable-device-found-ubuntu/
>>
>>60400244

That's what you get for not sticking to MBR like all sane people did.
>>
>>60400287
Secure boot was a mistake
>>
>>60400153
ARM netbook?
>>
>>60400331
nah its a toshiba satellite
>>
>>60400160
Can you wincucks be unlike your insecure operating system?
>>
Is secure boot on?
>>
>>60400153

>installed 32-bit.
>>
>>60401016
Just on how many layers of irony are you on?
>>
>>60401565
If you WanaCry just cry. Don't argue, because you have no argument
>>
seems like your disk want formatted correctly during installation. Did you partition a part of your disk for /boot?

Usually you make 4 partitions, one for /boot, one for /home, one for /swap, and one for /. Do you remember what you chose? You might need to get a live disk/usb of xubuntu and just reinstall
>>
>>60400153
https://ubuntuforums.org/showthread.php?t=2251511
>>
Microshit Windaids mandatory UEFI booting was designed to make it difficult to dual-boot. Thanks microshit!
>>
Disable fast boot
Disable secure boot
>>
>>60402098

This. UEFI "TPP" booting requires the OS to be signed by Microsoft secret keys. If you disable these features the bios won't check for this.
>>
>>60402132
>2017
>not self signing kernel and appending PK and KEK to the chain
Fucking casuals
>>
>>60400172
What games are you going to play on Linux? Let me guess, you have a console?
Thread posts: 22
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.