[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

>Pay for 50gbs of iCloud storage >Don't actually get

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 24
Thread images: 6

File: open_graph_logo.png (12KB, 1200x630px) Image search: [Google]
open_graph_logo.png
12KB, 1200x630px
>Pay for 50gbs of iCloud storage
>Don't actually get to decide what stays there since if you delete a picture off your phone to free up space it gets deleted from the cloud as well

What the fuck is wrong with Apple?
>>
>>60397147
sounds stupid. why is it even possible to purchase more space in the cloud than you available on your device then?
>>
>>60397147
Users would otherwise get confused when they delete a sensitive photo from their device and then find it's still available

>>60397180
Some users have more than one device. And iCloud can also be used with Macs where it can be used in a more flexible way.
>>
>>60397147
>Pays a monthly subscription to own 50GB cloud storage
>Can literally buy a 64GB flash drive for $5
Holy kek
>>
>>60397312
No, you can't.

Last time I bought 64 GB SD cards they were $22 a pop. Right now the cheapest one is $32.

What the f...? SD cards used to go down in price and up in capacity.

Regardless, I get the usability of this cloud storage. I have to copy pictures off my phone when I'm home (just use Ghost Commander to Samba, it's exactly a huge amount of work). My sister has botnet cloud storage so when she turns on her computer the pictures are all there in a cloud folder. It seems convenient.
>>
>>60397497
he said flash drive, not SD card. prices are different
>>
>>60397312
>gotta carry around this flash drive with me and some weird as fuck USB dongle to access files on it from my phone
>fuck i lost it where did all my data go
>fuck its broken where did all my data go
>i just want to get the photo from my phone to my laptop
>how do i backup my iphone to a usb flash drive
>i can only access this storage from one device at a time

please answer all these questions and issues, you fuck.

You're not paying 99 cents a month for the fucking 50GB alone. You're paying 99 cents a month for the iCloud services that are offered to you.
>>
>>60397275
Then why don't they just let us decide whether we want to keep the data on the cloud each time we delete a file? Don't you see that's just moronic?
>>
>>60397312
Where the fuck are these $5 64GB flashdrives? Everything I see is $15-30. Although your point still stands, physical storage is far cheaper than cloud storage
>>
File: 1494694706065.jpg (325KB, 1145x761px) Image search: [Google]
1494694706065.jpg
325KB, 1145x761px
>>60397572
Solution: Don't use an iShit, use an actually good device with expandable storage, and create a home server to use for cloud storage, forwarding ports for access away from home.

AKA don't be tech-illiterate.
>>
File: nido.org_1464844495652.jpg (54KB, 519x635px) Image search: [Google]
nido.org_1464844495652.jpg
54KB, 519x635px
>using Apple products
>not being technologically retarded
Pick one
>>
>>60397497
Flash storage prices is effected by things like natural disasters and political turmoil

There was a flood that hit Thailand a few years ago and the price of RAM went up by 50% overnight
>>
File: 49301_49301_1.jpg (68KB, 1000x1000px) Image search: [Google]
49301_49301_1.jpg
68KB, 1000x1000px
>>60397572
>flashdrives now come with microUSB, USB-C and lightning including normal USB
>That's your own damn fault, and along the same lines of forgetting your password
>See above
>use the cable that came with the phone
>I can't read a simple instruction guide
>how many devices are you using simultaneously
>>
>>60397572
>fuck the ISP is down, where did all my data go
>fuck, I forgot to pay, where did all my data go

This is all ignoring the obvious: it's cheaper to build your own server and put it in your attic.
>>
>>60397788
>fuck the power is out, where did my data go
>fuck, I forgot to pay, where did my data go
>>
>>60397572
Just stop for a minute and ask yourself, would a retard to this thing? And if the answer is yes, do not do that thing.

This process would have saved you from buying an iPhone.
>>
File: dongle_book_pro.jpg (159KB, 1200x705px) Image search: [Google]
dongle_book_pro.jpg
159KB, 1200x705px
>>60397572
>gotta carry around this flash drive with me and some weird as fuck USB dongle to access files on it from my phone

You're already carrying dongles m8
>>
>>60397312
i only use icloud to store the iphone backups
also is 0.99$ per month so its like fuck it whatever
>>
>>60397749
t. Someone who's never used an iOS device before.

If you seriously believe that the savings from buying a USB flash drive outweighs the convenience of $12 a year, you either have way too much time on your hands or retarded. I also trust Apple to keep my data safe & deterministic as compared to some shitbox $5 special that'll crap the bed in under a year.
>>
>>60398221
>carrying your data safely with you at all times
>one time, upfront cost
>plug and play
>can't be hacked or leaked or lost unless by your own fault
>lifetime warranties
You're right anon this is not convenient.
>>
File: 1494259814098.png (377KB, 2718x968px) Image search: [Google]
1494259814098.png
377KB, 2718x968px
>>60397147
>Apple
lmao
>>
>>60398343
I don't want something extra I need to carry around

Like I said, I don't give a fuck about the cost because the convenience of not having to carry things around or fumble with a fucking USB drive for my phone

iCloud is far more integrated within the phone than a fucking USB drive mount

Fair point, but those USB drives fucking fail all the time for no reason. I've got 5 on me at all times that I keep around in a drawer for OS installs and they never fucking work when I need them to.

"Lifetime" as in a few years. Also that means having to fucking return the stupid thing and argue with the company that their product is shit.
>>
>>60397807
>Oh I remember now, it's still in the Attic
>>
>not being able to give up a dollar a month for peace of mind with massive redundancy, all backed up automatically for you
I guess your time is less valuable than mine.
Thread posts: 24
Thread images: 6

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.