[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

What did he mean by this? "GeForce is like a game cons

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 28
Thread images: 7

File: GTX-1080-Ti-1.jpg (35KB, 800x420px) Image search: [Google]
GTX-1080-Ti-1.jpg
35KB, 800x420px
What did he mean by this?

"GeForce is like a game console" http://wccftech.com/nvidia-ceo-geforce-is-like-game-console/

Huang thinks the average pc gamer would A) pay under $400 for a new graphics card and B) think a graphics card by itself is comparable to an entire console. I'm not arguing for consoles, but I'm wondering if Huang is actively trolling at this point?
>>
>>60389893
Its not a game console
>>
>>60390052
No shit
>>
File: image-1-1.jpg (20KB, 426x240px) Image search: [Google]
image-1-1.jpg
20KB, 426x240px
>>60390068
then stop posting pointless shit faggot
>>
>>60390138
Huang is expecting us to compare a $1000 gpu to a $400 full system. That's insane
>>
File: wheresmymic.gif (2MB, 320x240px) Image search: [Google]
wheresmymic.gif
2MB, 320x240px
>>60389893
Nvidia gaem console when?
>>
>>60390215
Huang is a faggot anyway, stop posting please.
>>
he is comparing to the overall power you get with a pc.. while most ps4 games struggle 60fps on 1080p at comparatively medium settings, you can easily achieve more on a g4560, rx 570 system for cheap

>>60390221
nintendo switch and nvidia shield is already here
>>
>>60389893
I could actually see nVidia exclusive games being a thing they try one day.
>>
File: xcxzLIH.jpg (235KB, 1920x1080px) Image search: [Google]
xcxzLIH.jpg
235KB, 1920x1080px
I hope you faggots understand how critical it is that AMD doesn't die. Unless your happy that tech "journalists" calling the 1080ti a bargain at $800.
>>
Nvidia is piece of shit.
Company which does not let directx to die.
>>
>>60390417
Yeah,sure, but I don't want to be the one buying their inferior hardware as of I was doing some charity.
>>
>>60389893
>pay under $400 for a new graphics
One looks at the Steam survey would show you that the vast majority do just that
>>
they had to release a gp100 as a titan 7 months after a titan

he literally doesnt care anymore the mindset is there even if he release nothing at all for years they will still up front

we have to thnx amd for creating that shit nvidia
>>
>>60390417
i've been telling people this for years ever since the 700 series and 200 series from nvidia and amd. prices have gotten out of control thanks to amd failing hard at both becoming the performance king, but also releasing to the market. amd has been late since the 200 series. the 7000 series was the last time amd not only released around the same time as nvidia, but BEFORE nvidia. and it was hugely competitive against nvidia in every single performance tier. no one was better and no one could claim the performance crown.

but since the 700 series from nvidia and the 200 series from amd..... amd has been flailing like a fish. they have been releasing late... like not a month or three after nvidia but six months to a YEAR after nvidia and their cards.. they have been lacking a top dog competitor and the cards they do release, are competitive against equivalent performance tier to nvidia, but their power consumption is out of control. granted i'll give the 200 series a pass since the 700 series where also house fires. the 780 ti and 780 were not anything spectacular and amd was only barely more, but their reference design cards on the 200 series gave amd an extremely toxic rap. they were awfully loud and with how loud they where, they ran awfully hot. then it didn't help amd had released them at a limited supply so even those who actually wanted them because they realized board partner designed cards won't be as awful as the reference design, you couldn't get one! for MONTHS, months leading into a WHOLE new year!
>>
>>60391247
the "300" series and fury series where by hands the worst GPU launch to date. the 300 series came out almost a year after nvidia launched maxwell. 9 months! and the 300 series? they were NOTHING BUT rebrands. granted don't get me wrong, a rebrand doesn't always mean bad. the 390 and 390x really showed how powerful hawaii was. but the power consumption... the power consumption was absolutely insane compared to similar tier cards. both the 390 and 390x used 100+ watts more than their respective competitor teir from nvidia. it didn't matter if the 390 was generally faster than the 970, its power consumption and subsequently, heat output over the 970 was so awful that its small performance lead was meaningless. the fury series was actually pretty competitive in power consumption over maxwell. yes maxwell was better. but a cut down fury with ggdr5 instead of hbm to 970 and 980 levels would have put it awfully close. the nano helped proved this notion. a lot closer than that outrageous 100+ watt difference the 390 and 390x had.

the fury x was one of the biggest let downs. amd should have never focused on it being a hbm card. the hbm severed no purpose and was limited to 4gb. they would have been better off saving money and increasing yields by following nvidia with utilizing gddr5 still. yes hbm uses less power compared to gddr5, if you try to boost gddr5 to speeds of hbm, but gddr5 at its average speed back then, used LESS power than hbm. the extra horsepower provided by hbm servered NO fucking purpose. not even today since now the 4gb of vram is its BIGGEST limitation.
>>
>>60390417
what game?
>>
>>60389893
The way it's meant to be played.
>>
>>60391264

and now vega.... polaris was a top notch release... they didn't wait that long after nvidia released pascal... power consumption was a lot more competitive. still not as good, but not considered "worse" but rather not as good. polaris power consumption is very competitive to maxwell. the problem's? for one the horrible stock cooler on the 480 that created UNNECESSARY TOXIC attention with the wizards of smarts at toms hardware was trying to spin it as another fucking 200 series WHICH IT WASN'T BUT COME ON AMD STOP GIVING THEM FUEL. and for two? LACK OF A 1070 & 1080 COMPETITORS ARE RELEASE. WHAT THE FUCK AMD? ITS BEEN A YEAR NOW SINCE PASCAL LAUNCHED AND VEGA STILL HASN'T RELEASED. YOU GAVE NVIDIA A FULL FUCKING YEAR TO CONTINUE TO GROW ITS MARKET-SHARE IN THE HIGH END GRAPHIC CARD DEPARTMENT.

and the 500 series... don't get me wrong the 580x is a wonderful card. but you guys just got done creating vega. WHY THE FUCK could you guys NOT cut it down for the smaller 500 series parts??? vega provides an even GREATER power efficiency level over polaris. i honestly blame amd and their fascination with the HBM meme for delaying vega. I'm willing to bet good hard earned money that HBM 2 will be AS EQUALLY WORTHLESS AS HBM 1 WAS ON THE FURY SERIES.

so nvidia gets to sit there and reap the benefits amd sowed to them. $700 1080 ti's that would have normally been in the 1080 slot at release for $550. the 1080 would have been the 1070 for $350 and the 1070 would have been the 1060 for $250. the 1060 would have been the 1050 ti. if amd actually released very competitive cards at the top. but thanks to amd everything got pushed up a tier and we get raped in the wallet. thanks amd. you have been the best investor to nvidia and made them the sucess they are today. if only you were able to do that to yourselves.
>>
>>60389893
They are butthurt that AMD owns the game console market and they are resorting to cheap shots like that. They did the same when Microsoft ditched them from the Xbox and when Sony ditched them from the PS3 as well.
>>
>>60391318
oh and more on polaris... the LACK OF SUPPLY. just like the fucking 200 series. released in june but didn't come in full supply UNTIL FUCKING SEPTEMBER, EARLY OCTOBER. WHAT THE FUCK AMD. YOU KILLED YOUR OWN SUCCESSFUL LAUNCH YOU FUCKWITS. you gave nvidia time to release the 1060 a month later and not WORRY ABOUT A FUCKING SOUL BUYING A 480 IN THAT TIME FRAME SINCE THEY WERE OUT OF STOCK EVERYWHERE.
>>
>>60391357
oh and guess what? I OWN A FUCKING 1080. YOU KNOW WHY? YOUR FAILURE AT RELEASING A PROPER COMPETITOR IN A WHOLE FUCKING YEAR!!!

do you think i'm just going to go out and sell my 1080 for a vega? FUCK NO. WHY THE FUCK WOULD I? i have A VEGA ALREADY for nearly a year FROM NVIDIA. unless that vega is VOLTA TIER PERFORMANCE you guys FUCKED yourselves AGAIN. no one in their right mind would toss their 1070's, 1080's, and 1080ti's into the TRASH FOR A VEGA if vega ends up being SIMILAR in performance. its been an entirely year amd. the vast majority of people who WANTED 1070, 1080, and 1080 ti level of performance ALREADY BOUGHT THEM.
>>
File: think different.jpg (56KB, 710x328px) Image search: [Google]
think different.jpg
56KB, 710x328px
>>60391247
>>60391264
>>60391318
>>60391357
>>60391422
And they make the same sort of missteps with Intel, too. Zen got them back in the game but not fantastically so. It didn't completely shut down Intel, just beat up one particular component type (that didn't have much marketshare) at great value. It seems like no matter what they do they're always in the wrong place at the wrong time and I'm not one to spend money out of pity. People can blame everyone else and all the environmental factors all they want, but they need to just make what most people want already because half of their brand image is "we're for the hipsters that want the other thing" and the other half is "we're a cheap value brand that presents used Intel/NV-tier components". Do you think everyday people who aren't very into tech are even going to bother looking after a while? I heard it myself in a discussion with someone when I was helping them pick a computer.

do you want an Intel or AMD processor?
>I want an Intel
why?
>I just like Intel
AMD makes good budget processors sometimes
>but I'm just used to Intel and I know it's good

That's a serious danger.
>>
>>60389893
He means each card is a fixed performance and feature target.
>>
>>60390515
DX12 will beat Vulkan. The amount of support and documentation MS provides over the Khronos group is ridiculous. Most real programmers unlike you shitheads here don't give a fuck about openness and freedom. They want to get the job done easily and quickly. Not fiddle around just to get a 1% boost in performance.
>>
>>60391422
but anon, you could buy 2 rx 480s and xfire them to get 1080 performance for cheaper
>>
>>60390552
Its never been inferior. Look at the 290x and the 780 ti, 390 and the 3.5 970.
>>
>>60392803
You could pair up two of a lot of things and get better performance. That's not the full picture.
Thread posts: 28
Thread images: 7

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.