[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

I want to create the ultimate media server for my house.

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 12
Thread images: 1

File: image.jpg (12KB, 161x200px) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
12KB, 161x200px
I want to create the ultimate media server for my house. How would /g/ do this?
>>
Have you heard about Gentoo?
>>
>>60382020
Well I use Plex, Deluge, Sonarr and Radarr using a desktop. It does what I want it to do. Or you could use Kodi or the other one that's like Plex but different.

One anon did some pretty cool setup for his nephews favorite youtube videos using youtube-dl and some autism pills
>>
Let me guess, you want to do it for free?

If not, buy a plex pass. Buy a nuc and an external 8-bay jbod with a couple of 8TB drives so you have room for future growth. Buy a second external drive to use as a backup drive for the media.

Install it in your closet and wire your house for Ethernet. Have an appletv on your Ethernet network.

Cost maybe around $5K?
>>
>>60382020
youtube already exists.
>>
>>60382020
> ultimate
https://www.backblaze.com/blog/open-source-data-storage-server/

Something like this, more performance is probably not necessary. Fill with big drives.
>>
>>60382522
Nice, so do you use a raspberry pi or what to receive stuff?

>>60382574
Nice but why the Apple TV? And what does the plex pass do?
>>
>>60384005
Appletv on the tv. It's the best specd tv player. There's a plex app that can play off your plex server.

Plex pass gives you the full plex server. I'm not sure what that means anymore as they've changed things over the years. For example it was the only way you could download stuff to your devices for when you travel.
>>
>>60384005
I have a Roku with the Plex app.
>>
>>60382071
Install it.
>>
>>60382020
I would get my old C2D laptop and connect a number of large capacity 3.5'' HDDs to it.
>>
>>60385780
oh, and of couse install gentoo on it
Thread posts: 12
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.