[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

>NSA handler asks MS to make an exploit that only they can

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 13
Thread images: 3

File: wanadecrypt.png (201KB, 727x545px) Image search: [Google]
wanadecrypt.png
201KB, 727x545px
>NSA handler asks MS to make an exploit that only they can use
>"say no more senpai"
>suddenly pic related
KEK, can't wait to see how secure backdoored encryption will be!
>>
>>60380520
Apple was right.
>>
>can't wait to see how secure backdoored encryption will be!
same, so glad these reverse engineering dudes are fucking microsoft
>>
>>60380520
I doubt that is the way it happened.

More like millions of your tax dollars spent by NSA to search for software defects to use against targets.

Which brings up the real question: Should your taxpayer dollars be used to find flaws and not fix them ? leaving the US population & US businesses vulnerable to the same attacks ?
>>
>>60380520
Because M$ wants their users to Windows 10. That was the final solution.
>>
>>60380614
Yes. People who think stockpiling 0days isn't in the country's best interest are this generations nuclear disarmament nutjobs.
>>
>>60380614
>I doubt that is the way it happened.
That is exactly how it happened.
>>
Remember when FBI wanted a special iOS firmware that only they would have access to, and nobody else, promise?

This is pretty much the NSA version of that, but now the government sponsored malware leaked out to the bad guys. They could have reported this to MS years ago, but nope, they weaponized it and made it even worse than the early-00s blaster worm, thanks National """Security""" Agency
>>
>>60380520
>encrypted passwords
>oh wait lol there's a backdoor
>more security breaches

bravo intelligence agencies, doing good work fucking everyone over
>>
>>60380614

cyberwarfare is more relevant than it was years ago. Maybe you cannot have nukes but viruses, spyware, etc are weapons for the countries.

Expect shit third world countries begin creating viruses of very low quality just fucking up shit and their own network
>>
>>60380520
was this even a remote exploit? if so, how were users targeted?

you hysterical faggots and your 20 threads actually made me reenable windows update for my win7 box

couldn't find any quick definitive answers on whether this was even a remote exploit. fuckin wikipedia makes it out to be local-only, so not downloading unknown shit should be sufficient unless someone can inform me otherwise
>>
File: 1479886023073.jpg (24KB, 400x300px) Image search: [Google]
1479886023073.jpg
24KB, 400x300px
inb4 made by israeli elite hackers and the money goes right to the people who originally sold it to the us government who cant prosecute them because their jewish.

checkmate
>>
File: 1483425032632.gif (166KB, 320x240px) Image search: [Google]
1483425032632.gif
166KB, 320x240px
>>60380614
>hmm, should we leave a few companies and hospitals vulnerable to a $300 ransomware
>or should we potentially prevent intercontinental ballistic missile and nuclear weapons development of adversarial states under completely deniable covert cover and without firing a single bullet
Thread posts: 13
Thread images: 3

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.