[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

>want to run the latest version of a program on linux >"haha

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 11
Thread images: 1

File: 1494526318837.png (34KB, 633x758px) Image search: [Google]
1494526318837.png
34KB, 633x758px
>want to run the latest version of a program on linux
>"haha sorry faggot, you're going to have to compile it yourself, otherwise you can use this 2 year old build."
>spend hours finding the right dependencies so it will fucking compile properly
>notice they're all 32 bit libraries
>install them anyways because i need them to compile this program
>notice some packages being uninstalled while downloading these libraries, not sure why, shrug it off
>by the time i get to installing the last few dependencies, shit starts to break
>go on to compile the program, now i can run it
>runs, but only partially works
>end up wasting 2 hours of my life doing this shit
>reboot my computer, notice a good chunk of my programs are missing, and now my sound no longer works
IT'S NOT FAIR BRO'S, 2017 WAS SUPPOSED TO BE THE YEAR OF THE LINUX DESKTOP! WHY DOES STUFF LIKE THIS STILL HAPPEN????
>>
who are you quoting?
>>
>>60378534
>I'm a fucking idiot, the post
You're too stupid to use Linux. Sell your computer, buy a tablet.
>>
>>60378534
lol.

maybe you overestimate your technological abilities and you should consider to switch to a bicycle
>>
>>60378534
You are really stupid if you think like this.

>inb4 freetards

I use windows and linux.
>>
>>60378534
>ill take shit that never happened for 100.
>>
>>60379039
>weird shit on Linux
>never happened
Choose one nigga
>>
>>60378534
Oh look it's the same pasta for the 3rd time.
Fucking street shitter sub-humans can't even shill properly.
>>
>>60378534
install gentoo
>>
>notice some packages being uninstalled while downloading these libraries, not sure why, shrug it off

this is where you fucked up

exactly the same way normies get error messages or dialogues about how to do something and just 'shrug it off'

thats not how anything you did previously works, thats not how ANYTHING works. pay attention for fucks sake

If the program you're trying to use has last public build 2 years ago then its probably just a shitty program nobody uses, or everyone uses that 2 year old version and you're being a tard to try using the new one. On windows you'd have the same problems (you'd probably just use the binary)
>>
>>60379068
Are you stuck in 2003 or are you autistic?
Thread posts: 11
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.