[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

>recursion >non-determinism >relational databases Are

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 20
Thread images: 2

>recursion
>non-determinism
>relational databases

Are these the biggest memes taught in computer science?
>>
>recursion
how is that a meme
the biggest one is OOP
>>
>>60373855
> recursion
> meme in computer *science*
>>
>>60373855
Literally all 3 are essential to know for software development.
>>
>>60373900
>>60373918
>recursion
>an inefficient way to formulate certain algorithms because your brain is dum dum to formulate them in a imperative, efficient way
>not a meme
>>
>>60373855
Is OP being a stupid faggot the biggest meme posted in /g/?
>>
>>60373953
You must be the Mememan.
>>
>>60373953
>Literally all 3 are essential to know for software development.
for an edgy software development ""interview"" sure, for any real job no.
>>
>>60375595
so flat file or no ACID? Sorry your shit job hasn't challenged you.

>>60375538
sure you are thinking of recommender guys calling themselves AI
>>
>>60373855
I don't know what you are talking about
I'm a passionate lisper since 1997
recursion isn't a meme but everything else is
>>
>>60373855
The biggest meme right now is artificial intelligence
>>
>>60375231
>spend time autisming the algorithm into an efficient version
>now it is less understandable because you autismed it up
>0.02% faster than the recursive version, but took you 5x the time to write it
>>
>>60375231
>recursion
>inefficient
Kek, what? On the planet where tail calls don't exist, maybe.
>>
>>60373855

>recursion

Often pretty nice if you don't want to spend a lot of time fucking around with a stack.

>non-determinism

Of course there isn't "real" non-determinism, but there is chaotic determinism: things that are so unpredictable that they are "almost" non-determinism.

And of course there are things you can't predict but they can get changed at runtime, which is a sort of real non-determinism.

>relational databases

They are pretty great. I really recommend reading up database normalization. AND to understand which problems/anomalies they are trying to solve.

Of course NoSQL is a thing, but if you don't know exactly in which cases you want a NoSQL database and only jump on the Mongo/Hadoop hype train, you are a fool.
>>
>relational databases
Nosql is the meme
>>
>>60373855
There is plenty of unneeded wankery in your average computer science curriculum, but relational databases and recursion are something that should be known by anybody with a degree.
>>
>>60376056
>Often pretty nice if you don't want to spend a lot of time fucking around with a stack.
Recursive algorithms can blow the program stack of your language of choice if you're not careful. I've seen pattern matching routines in C use goto instead of a recursive function call for that exact reason.
>>
>>60376499
The only recursive algorithm that'll blow the stack is the one computing the weight of your mum m8
>>
File: shaq-tnt.jpg (12KB, 207x200px) Image search: [Google]
shaq-tnt.jpg
12KB, 207x200px
>>60376532
>>
>>60376282
Came here just to say this.
Thread posts: 20
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.