[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAA HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA >me

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 92
Thread images: 14

File: crybabycry.png (133KB, 1182x893px) Image search: [Google]
crybabycry.png
133KB, 1182x893px
HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA

>me
>just heard about wannacry
>don't run any type of antivirus ever
>running a pirated copy of win7 on my laptop with auto updates disabled for more than a year.
>wannacry free to this day
>also duel boot on main desktop PC but I never run windows on that anyways.
>still wondering how people are getting infected. people are stupid.
>make backup anyways just cause I can
>still wannacry free
>don't give a fuck

seriously, how are people so stupid as to get their computers infected? It's easy.

Step 1: don't be an idiot on the internet and download everything you see. YOU are the first defense! So don't fuck it up.

Step 2: USE a basic firewall that is separate from your computer. Most wifi access points with built in router functionality will do the job. If not then just buy a basic router NOT a network switch or hub unless they have router functionality built in.

Step 3: Use a GOOD adblock. Adblock + has gone down the shit hole for a long time due to having white lists.

Step 4: Occasionally run something like ComboFix and ccleaner. Personally I just go through on a live CD and manually delete temp/junk files rather than running ccleaner. I use something called ERD or "Emergency Recovery Disk". I have no idea where it came from except the fact that I ripped it off this computer shop I used to work at. It's kinda old but still useful. Basically it's a live CD of windows startup repair but with some modifications such as the addition of explorer, a version of MSE, regedit, and some other software. If anyone is interested I may post a torrent link.

Step 5: DON'T BE A IDIOT AND DOWNLOAD EVERYTHING YOU SEE

Step 6: IDK. still wannacry free
>>
>>60372434
It uses a vulnerability in Windows that doesn't require user intervention. All those companies/facilities were struck because they have servers, and computer all under public IPs. Fuck off and get brainsmarts before you think you're pretentious.
>>
>>60372605
And let's not forget: those businesses and facilities can't always stay up to date due to their infrastructure or software that can stop working due to the updates.
>>
Thanks for the guide OP you have saved so many computers today. Oh wait nvm, you get infected by this just by being on an exposed network, you're retarded.
>>
>running windows 10 LTSB version
nothing so far
>>
>>60372434
To be fair, I used Windows XP without ever patching for fucking years.

Never got anything.
>>
>>60372605
Maybe don't leave smb turned on on an internet facing machine? Better yet don't store anything of value on an internet facing machine.
>>
>>60373354
They have reasons for leaving SMB active that don't involve streaming pirated copies of the latest X-men to another computer. A better answer would be Microsoft getting gud with software.
>>
File: 1494032337980.jpg (776KB, 1920x1080px) Image search: [Google]
1494032337980.jpg
776KB, 1920x1080px
So is this just hitting servers or is it also hitting regular average desktop computers? I've kept my auto-updates on but I'm always worried something might happen and I want to make sure I'm covered.
>>
>>60372434
You're a retard and got it all wrong.
>>
the problem is that wannacry is both Trojan and worm, so in a company network it only has to trick the dumbest user and then it spreads autonomously.
>>
>>60372698
same. last virus i got was msblast.
still was a bit scared so unplugged my network cable until the patch came out.
>>
>>60373516
Not that hard considering some companies are still stuck on Windows XP with faint security measures.
>>
>>60372632
Good, good. Let those fuckers burn. Maybe that will teach them to upgrade their systems/software once in a decade, instead of being greedy jews and using half a century old software because "we already paid once for it, why should we have to upgrade". Their tears will feed me for eternity.
>>
>>60373443
An even better answer would be practicing basic security and not leaving valuable shit exposed to the internet without checking what all is running. Workstations and kiosks shouldn't have anything of value and be easily restored from a disk image, and anything important should be stored on secured servers on a separate network with limited access from the outside world.

>>60373463
You should be fine. The vulnerability has been patched already and chances are you're behind a NAT and wouldn't have been exposed to it anyway (unless you opened/downloaded some suspicious email attachment).
>>
>>60372434
How??
Like this. OH LOOK I GOT EMAIL. MUST BE IMPORTANT!!! I OPEN NOW. OH NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO
>>
>>60373656
That's only part of the problem though
Costs of updating on a company scale
>Cost of new software
>Time for reorientating workers with new interface
>Cost of probably hiring lots and lots of new IT guys to carry over data/make sure nothing important gets lost in transition, depending on size of company
>Having server outages while the transition happens
>Probably finding new software because if you run an outdated system there's a good chance the new system will not be compatible with at least some of the stuff you're using

I mean yeah, they should update.
But we're living in a world where Universities will forcefully invest into buying art just so they use up the surplus funding they don't need so they won't get less next year, even if they don't need it.
That money doesn't go to support hospitals and other vital services that would need to update, so they can't afford to do it, or can't afford to do it in addition to whatever other needless bullshit the CEO invests in to make the company stand out.

And it's not the CEO who will be fucked over by this. It's going to be the guy who needs an emergency transplant because some asshole hit him with his car damaging his liver, and whose insurance and donor organ are both locked behind a ransomware paywall right now.
>>
>>60372434
Or just get Linux
>>
>>60375271
>getting a shitty OS where you can't even play video games on
>>
>>60372434
What a great post
Kill yourself
>>
File: avatar_ecbebc93628e_128.png (18KB, 128x128px) Image search: [Google]
18KB, 128x128px
>>60375334
>play video games

Linux user don't even care about this attak ^^
>>
>>60373745
In general I agree with your statement. But I know for a fact there is simply no way this is as cut and dry as we want to believe. Over 130,000 systems were compromised in Europe. Many of these belonging to very large organizations. Places like these get audited and held to widely accepted standards and practices. We're not talking about clueless grannies here. There's got to be more to this than has been revealed.
>>
You got lucky, because WanaCry not only spreads on a local lan but it also generates a random ip and attempts to access it.

If the computer on the other end doesn't have a good firewall and windows isn't patched then it will be infected without any user interaction.

You pro bally got lucky because the spread was stopped early when someone registered that domain it used for it's check.

Once these malware writers see how easy it is & how successful it has been, some eastern European computer science major comes across a zero-day they will utilize it on a far more massive scale.
>>
>>60372434
>not running a windows server as your main OS
faggot
>>
>>60372605
No internal structure should ever be public. They should have used a VPN which would require credentials and that would give access to internal machines which could only be accessed through proper authentication.

An exploit in the VPN would give access to internal structure but not to any machine as they would have another layer of authentication, so an intruder would need 2 exploits to destroy a company.
They could keep stacking up layers as to provide more security.

If a virus ever got in they would have logs of the authentications made.
>>
1 question, are they able to change their bitcoin wallet address now that everyone knows it?

Because otherwise how could they even withdraw the money from a bank or accept paypal payments without getting tracked?
>>
>>60375657
can't they transfer bitcoin other wallets?
>>
>>60374398

>It's going to be the guy who needs an emergency transplant because some asshole hit him with his car damaging his liver, and whose insurance and donor organ are both locked behind a ransomware paywall right now.

"Don't worry mister, we will sell some money and you will get your liver, you will live! Oh wait, Obamacare got cancelled? Uhm... Sorry, I have an urgent operation, I'll be right back to you! See you.. uhm.. tomorrow! Bye!"
>>
>>60375708

But then that address would show on their "Sent" transactions
>>
The NHS in england atleast was running Windows XP and they couldn't afford to change it over to a newer OS

its appropriate to say that this is literally to do with funding

Some illustrations of the problem:

>Seven NHS trusts, serving more than two million people, spent nothing on cybersecurity in 2015.

http://news.sky.com/story/nhs-patients-being-put-at-risk-because-of-cybersecurity-flaws-10657537

>Recent results of a Freedom of Information Act revealed that 90% of NHS Trusts are still running Windows XP, exposing hospitals to threats designed to exploit vulnerabilities for which Microsoft no longer issues patches. But it’s not just not just obsolete operating systems that pose a risk – anecdotal evidence suggests that healthcare organisations are running hundreds of legacy applications in the background.

http://www.information-age.com/cyber-security-nhs-123464777/
>>
>>60374154
Do people even email anymore? All I get are PayPal, Amazon ect.
>>
File: 1490150460882.gif (14KB, 500x596px) Image search: [Google]
1490150460882.gif
14KB, 500x596px
>>60372434
On the same boat
>Windows 7 SP1
>No updates at all
>No windows defender either
>Ports and SMB disabled ever since EternalBlue was made public
>tfw too intelligent for the ransomware
>>
File: x.jpg (51KB, 634x340px) Image search: [Google]
x.jpg
51KB, 634x340px
>>60375753
>>60375708
>>60375657
>tfw they're actually working for Bitcoin for a minor commission, because no matter what, Bitcoin will profit off of this
>>
>>60372434
Hahah!
Te va vâna.
Te va găsi.
>>
>>60372434
This is the last straw. I'm selling my desktop virgin battle station and switching to Apple. Windows is a fucking joke and I'm done wasting time on childish Vidya games
>>
File: iamverysmart.jpg (180KB, 700x842px) Image search: [Google]
iamverysmart.jpg
180KB, 700x842px
>>60372434
I do it myself.
>>
File: hurr.jpg (157KB, 1006x921px) Image search: [Google]
hurr.jpg
157KB, 1006x921px
>>60372434
>memetexting retard not running security updates bragging about his laptop running a still vulnerable SMB service and handing out ``expert" infosec advice
>im using a registry cleaner so i dont hacked lol :DDD
>>
>>60375598
Should is a 4 letter word. Given that a shitload of (d-link?) routers expose upnp to WAN by default, and there are a shitload of other default bad behaviors on networking devices and PCs, this shit will continue regardless of how the user secures their devices, unless everyone starts hiring security consultants for home networks.
>>
>>60375753
Donations to multiple "charities"/fake purchases from fake online retailers who then cash out with paypal accounts and then consolidate the funds in a central account somewhere out of jurisdiction?
>>
>>60376159
thats why you use openwrt or ddwrt.
>>
>>60375882
Yes, in theory it's possibly to figure it out deterministically by following each step and knowing who owns each ever bitcoin adress. Lookup bitcoin tumbling.
>>
>>60372434
>durrrr i've never been infected coz i've never been alerted that i'm infected
jesus fucking christ kid i wonder how many botnets your pc is a part of
t. cybersecurity consultant for 12years
>>
>>60372434
>duel boot
>>
>payment is accepted in bitcoin only

I mean I understand why, but do they think normies can figure that shit out?
>>
File: hqdefault (1).jpg (17KB, 480x360px) Image search: [Google]
hqdefault (1).jpg
17KB, 480x360px
>>60378103
>>
File: 1466999037842.gif (979KB, 400x316px) Image search: [Google]
1466999037842.gif
979KB, 400x316px
>>60372434
>Step 3: Use a GOOD adblock. Adblock + has gone down the shit hole for a long time due to having white lists.
>tfw running ADP

what a recommendation for a good ad block then?
>>
>>60378216
uBlock Origin
>>
>>60378216
uBlock Origin
>>
>>60372434
OP being a fag as usual. There he goes again.
>>
>>60378216
Your own dns server with known advertising and malware hosts blocked
>>
>>60372434
Step 1: get os x
Step 2: enjoy virus and bug free life
>>
>I am 12 and a retarded edgelord
>>
File: shrugs.png (12KB, 560x407px) Image search: [Google]
shrugs.png
12KB, 560x407px
>>60374398

>be american
>strolling peacefully down the street
>some drunktard driving up the street hits me right in the liver
>medics do an emergency transplant
>mfw indebted for life
>>
>>60378543
Medicare pays for most transplants.
If you're sick enough to get a txp you'll be eligible for it
Also, they would do the surgery regardless it doesn't require a win xp to do surgery.
>>
>duel boot

Lmao are you retarded?
>>
>>60378479
>being this naive
https://www.welivesecurity.com/2017/02/22/new-crypto-ransomware-hits-macos/
>>
>>60378782
Pretty much this, go sperg somewhere else
>>
>>60378782
>never seen two boots fighting each other
>being this naive
>>
>>60378761
>txp
What's that?
>>
>>60372434
im still waiting if any incompetent IT guy to post here on how much they fucked up
>>
>>60375598
B-but how would I check Facebook during my work day?
>>
Macbook Pro doesn't have this problem
>>
>>60374398
Hardware is also a big issue too. Older equipment that these companies rely on probably don't have drivers that work on the newer operating systems. So also factor in the cost of all that software they have to upgrade and include brand new computers, printers, copy machines, etc.
>>
You can fuck up a business by having wannacry on your computer and then connecting to their WiFi.
>>
>>60372434
it makes me wonder why it doesn't automatically detect locale. and why the fuck main message to that asks you to pay isn't translated?

they have several mistakes, regarding i18n

>"Send $300 worth of bitcoin to this address"
>"No hablo ingles"

2. what kind of dollars?
CAD? AUD? HKD? NZD? USD?

3. in most parts of the world currency symbol is written after the amount.
>>
>>60379761
mac is shit and only niggers use them
>>
Lets say i give these niggas the 300 quid they ask for, do they really unlock my computer or is it just a scam?
>>
Feels really good to be a Macfag right now.
>>
can it spread from a pc that's not updated to another pc on the same lan that has been updated?
>>
>>60375334
Wine can already play games made with DirectX 10/11, it runs obviously worse than Windows though.
>>
How do you get infected?

Is infected pc scanning all pcs in ISP range or is it require to be on local network with infected pc?
>>
>block port 445
>don't give a single fuck
>>
You guys aren't asking the real questions. Why hasn't this raised the price of bitcoin? My bitcoins went down in value.
>>
>>60372434
Download and run this and you should be sweet
https://technet.microsoft.com/en-us/library/security/ms17-010.aspx
>>
File: windows-update.png (223KB, 1719x932px) Image search: [Google]
windows-update.png
223KB, 1719x932px
Why are people saying windows update will protect you? This is the result of trying to use it on my windows partition and about 8 hours of installing and rebooting. I doubt just having updates enabled will do much for many people.
>>
>>60382032
Windows Update is complete shit and can easily fuck itself and fail when having to install massive amounts of updates. This generally doesn't happen when you update regularly.
>>
I can't believe retards on this board are actually proud to not update their systems and think you only get viruses by downloading shady executables

is it summer?
>>
>>60382053
Installing them one at a time doesn't work either.
>>
File: image.jpg (56KB, 600x391px) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
56KB, 600x391px
>>60375520
>pro bally

I want phoneposters to leave
>>
>>60382076
It's probably broken already, it's fragile, unreliable shit
>>
File: 1470387242287.png (242KB, 511x428px) Image search: [Google]
1470387242287.png
242KB, 511x428px
>Working for private intelligence agency
>Wake up this morning at 4:12am to knocks on my door
>Everything connected to the network at work is infected with this ransomware
>Get into work
>Start ripping out the network cables
>Start formatting everything
>6:30am it's finished format
>Have some poptarts and cup of green tea
>Start restoring from backup
>2:30pm it's finished
>Adjust privileges on network and systems to minimize chances of it occurring again
>Reconnect everything
>Network and systems back in running order
>Looking through data logs
>Network was compromised via Yahoo advertisements

Already reported it to Yahoo. This is Forbes ransomware advertisements all over again. They don't even give a shit, their response is "We will forward it to our technical team to investigate".
>>
>>60382155
Sounds like a cozy job desu

How did you get it?
>>
>>60382178

Worked for IBM for a decade and part of my redundancy package when they were downsizing I was given opportunity to pickup work at another place.
>>
>>60372434
Can I still get that shit if I run my laptop through a virtual machine
>>
Best antivirus aside from common sense
>>
>>60372434
>Starting a low quality greentext story with me (or be me)
Why don't you lurk a little longer before posting? Though I suppose people who aren't familiar with greentext formatting have been spreading this around for so long that it's considered standard now.
>>
>>60382269
It's a meme you dip
>>
>>60382189
Sounds like a fun job.
>>
Why it's dangerous is not because it's easier to catch, but because once it hits a computer it is super-infectious to local systems by use of a SMB exploit. As in, every computer gets infected super easily.
>>
>>60372434
nice blog reposted
>>
>>60382032
i tried updating my dads win10 that he's never updated and the same shit happened. left it on overnight and i woke up to everything failing.
>>
File: 1493941724263.jpg (148KB, 1920x1080px) Image search: [Google]
1493941724263.jpg
148KB, 1920x1080px
>>60378543
noone should pay for healthcare so its free, because of Drumpf known tech savy elites like Boogie may die because he refuses to buy any health insurance since he is protesting fascism.
Thread posts: 92
Thread images: 14

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.