[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

> open source > relevant > EVER HAHAHAHAAQAHAHAHAH

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 17
Thread images: 4

File: incredible.webm (355KB, 824x404px) Image search: [Google]
incredible.webm
355KB, 824x404px
> open source
> relevant
> EVER

HAHAHAHAAQAHAHAHAHHAHAHAH

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vcBGj4R7Fo0

This shit is so much better than Linux and MacOSX, it's not even funny anymore. Like I'm literally blown away.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7EJ5H8raaJg

So basically if you have Paint open and then close it accideentally, you can open it back up 2 weeks later at that exact point with that file
Isn't that incredible? Yeah it fucking is. It really really is.

It lets you scroll like in a facebook timeline
It shows you all the apps that were opened in the past
That's some real innovation, you cant find that in macosx or linux
>>
>>60367150
sage
>>
>>60367177
>s a g e d
It's spelled "sageta," as "sage" refers to "下げる" (sageru), which is Japanese for "to lower." The past tense form of this word is "下げた." It does not refer to the plant, as many people still seem to think. Just remember that this is an anime website, and you should remember the rest.
>>
File: 1491058852757.jpg (143KB, 1334x1334px) Image search: [Google]
1491058852757.jpg
143KB, 1334x1334px
>>60367150
I hate "open sores" faggots

Closed source is better because anyone who has worked on highly complicated code knows that as soon as you start letting amateurs fuck with your code, it makes your life harder. Good projects are complicated beyond anything most of us could possibly contribute to, so why bother to make it open source?

It's closed source because they want it to work. It's not closed source because of some massive conspiracy. It's not close source so the dev can sell it via patreon. It's not closed source because he stole code from someone.

Good projects are closed source because they are complicated beyond what most people could possibly contribute to, and opening it up to everyone with a computer to contribute to is only going to make it worse, not better.

I know that nobody understands this, or wants to understand it, because it's the giant circlejerk that the dev is hiding something, but he's not. I know none of you will apologize when someday, as promised, the code is actually opened up and everyone sees that there's nothing to hide.
>>
File: hellish_xD.jpg (138KB, 1247x810px) Image search: [Google]
hellish_xD.jpg
138KB, 1247x810px
>>60367150
>working with Paint™ like every other graphics designer out there
>accideentally close it
>"shucks, I lost all my work"
>open it back up
>takes two weeks to open again
>it opened the same file I was working on before
WOOOOW INNOVATION
>>
>>60367559

you know, I am very eased in my worries when I know that people as dumb as you exist
you probably had that thought and only that one and immediately thought "wow im a genius, i bet he didnt think of that!"
>>
>>60367622
why would you wait 2 weeks to reopen MS Paint (or any program for that matter) after accideentally closing it? wouldn't you open it back up immediately?
>>
>>60367662
>why would you wait 2 weeks to reopen MS Paint (or any program for that matter) after accideentally closing it? wouldn't you open it back up immediately?

it's an example. Try and think of something like that. Lets say you go on vacation after you did some work on your computer.
>>
>>60367150
>you can open it back up 2 weeks later at that exact point with that file
>Isn't that incredible?

Not it isn't. macOS has had this feature for literally five years.
>>
>>60367497
Hi re:ddit
>>
File: 493.jpg (8KB, 200x200px) Image search: [Google]
493.jpg
8KB, 200x200px
>mfw
>Winfags get off off this
>>
>>60367150
>So basically if you have Paint open and then close it accideentally, you can open it back up 2 weeks later at that exact point with that file
Yeah, we know that. Linux storages your transfer area since 2006.

Good luck booting your machine and pressing Ctrl+V, or recovering data that was overwritten on transfer area.
>>
>>60367891
>Lets say you go on vacation
Immediately after closing your work on accideent?
In any case, recovering from accidental closures isn't a new technology.
>>
>>60367150
I thought compiz was dead
>>
>>60367150
Most of these effects can be done with compiz on unity.

Please get out 2006
>>
So windows is catching up with inovation? Right?
>>
>Mfw my browser restored an old window with motherless and a Live Jasmin popup started playing during my class presentation
Thread posts: 17
Thread images: 4

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.