[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

What's the best browser for mac? not safari, as it doesn't

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 53
Thread images: 4

File: macbook-pro-late-2016.jpg (81KB, 800x701px) Image search: [Google]
macbook-pro-late-2016.jpg
81KB, 800x701px
What's the best browser for mac?

not safari, as it doesn't support webm
>>
Microsoft Internet Explorer 8
>>
Opera
>>
>>60366844
HELLA
FUKIN
EPIC
>>
>>60366799
Safari

It doesn't support webm for a reason you fucking retard
>>
>>60366799
I use Chrome on my Mac. It's pretty good, but unlike Safari it is really power hungry and tends to drain my battery significantly.
>>
>>60367228
And what reason is that?
>>
>>60367228
What reason exactly, other than Apple being a pissy cunt when it comes to adopting standards that aren't made by them and locked down to Apple's Waller garden?
>>
>>60366666
>>
>>60366799
Safari, just download the webm and play it in VLC. Not worth sacrificing Safari's advantages just because it won't play Jewgle's file format.
>>
>>60366799
>tfw wanna buy a mac as status symbol because I love expensive shit but can't because some programs I use don't work on macs
>>
>>60367239
Not everyone is okay with an ad company consistently strong arming standards in their favor for years and nothing Apple uses has hardware acceleration for it. Google gives no fucks about battery life and optimization
>>
Chrome. It's always chrome. Anything else is a meme at this point.
>>
>>60366844
Safari is easily worse than any IE tbqh
>>
>>60367457
Shit battery life and gesture support.
>>
>>60367422
I'll take easily solvable problems for $500
>What is VirtualBox?
>>
>>60367499
Won't that slow shit down? Firing up a VM for every little thing seems like it'd be annoying as fuck.
>>
>>60367499
And that's even at the shit end of the spectrum for solutions.
>>
>>60367239
>>60367280
>apple devices have hardware acceleration for h.264
>this increases speed of web browsing and battery life
>webm is inferior and being shilled by the botnet (((google)))

Or you could just be a faggot and install a plugin to play webm. At least you would still be using the best web browser.
>>
>>60367466
Haven't had a problem with battery usage, but I also don't leave 100+ tabs open or have a mountain of extensions installed.

Can't really say anything about gesture support as I don't really use it anyway except by accident.
>>
If you have a macbook like pic related you should probably use safari. It makes use of all the touchpad gestures and shit as well as the emojibar.

there are some plugins or some shit to let you play webms if you want iirc
>>
>>60367540
I could have 100 tabs open in safari and still get better battery life than an empty chrome window

>not even hyperbole, chrome is just that fucking shit
>>
>>60367556
Now you're just exaggerating. If your chrome install is that bad then something went wrong.
>>
>>60367540
I'm guessing you've never even bothered to compare the two and just sucked on the ad company cock. If you actually cared about something besides brand loyalty you'd use Opera, Vivaldi, or some other Google less chrome
>>
>>60367540
>, but I also don't leave 100+ tabs open or have a mountain of extensions installed.
I'm >>60367238

Number of tabs is irrelevant to battery life, open tabs just consume memory. It's pretty power hungry, just look at the power statistics over time.
>>
>>60367527
Nope, it's fast as fuck with an SSD, or just leave it running in the background. Literally no performance impact other than RAM usage, but even if you have say 4GB allocated to your VM it really only ties up what the VM guest is actively using.
>>
>>60367690
Slightly incorrect. There will always be some CPU overhead but as long as you're not virtualizating something heavy like Ubuntu you should be fine
>>
File: 1494397494076.png (239KB, 543x525px) Image search: [Google]
1494397494076.png
239KB, 543x525px
>>60367690
Does that have an option to let me run programs on my native system (kinda like wine) or will it always be in its on Windows-VM-Window?
The perfect setup would be just having one button that starts the program or something.
>>
>>60366799
Safari. Install the VLC plugin and webm will work if you click the filename.
>>
>>60367843
Please respond. If this works I might literally go out later today and buy one.
>>
>>60366799
Ultron browser
>>
>>60367843
Get Parallels for Mac. It has a mode where you can run Windows programs in your macOS workspace, without having a window open for the whole VM.
>>
>>60368066
That sounds awesome. Will look into it. Thanks a bunch.
>>
What about Firefox?
>>
>>60368306
Worse than Chrome on macOS. On macOS, Safari is basically the comfiest browser, which offers pretty much everything you'd need. Keep Chrome as a backup browser.
>>
>>60366799
theres a way to play webms on safari. I can't be assed to explain but theres a vlc plugin and you have to do a bit of dragging between folders or some shit, did it a while ago.
>>
>using anything other than firefox no matter what OS
its like you guys like to be part of the botnet
>>
>>60366799
just use chromium or even ungoogled chromium
It's fast and reliable
>>
>>60366799
A giant dildo to browse your anus
>>
>>60366799
Safari is far and away the best browser for Mac. If you want to watch webms, just install the VLC plugin and three-finger tap webms. There, problem solved and you don't need to shift over to adbot, botnet or nethack.
>>
Firefox is best on everything
>>
>>60367422
What won't work on mac? I've been able to do most things through Wine without any trouble.
>>
>>60367843
You can literally use wine on mac because Darwin is a unixlike. After you set it up all you have to do it put your .exe on the dock. and if wine doesn't work for something you can use parallels.
>>
File: windowNew.png (46KB, 1400x1028px) Image search: [Google]
windowNew.png
46KB, 1400x1028px
>>60366799
https://github.com/LandonPowell/Metanoia
>>
>>60367228
It doesn't have Webm because Apple is always 10 years beyond the current state of technology. Enjoy your fucking flash videos.
>>
>>60367395
>jewgle invented Webm
Nice try, brainlet.
>>
>>60366799
you realise that literally no one uses webm except for 4chin?

and that's because luggage lad took a bribe from google
>>
webm is cancer
but so i mac, so the best option would be to kill yourself
>>
Safari.

Doesn't support user styles or webm but Firefox burns in terms of energy usage and Chrome is less bad but still similar.

From experience anyway.
>>
Why the fuck is Google Chrome such cancer on Mac?
It runs like 20+ instances of "Google Chrome Helper"
>>
>>60375765
>Enjoy your fucking flash videos.
>How to tell when someone has never used an Apple product 101
>>
>>60376610
I've had an iPod and an iMac w/ an i5, I just didn't like how awful Safari was so I switched to Chrome almost instantly. Eventually I just started running GNU/Linux in a VM because it was slightly easier than actually using MacOS.
>>
>>60366799
Safari supports webm if you use a vlc pluggin
Thread posts: 53
Thread images: 4

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.