[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

>2010+7 >still no multi platform ui library that doesn't

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 12
Thread images: 2

File: file.png (60KB, 547x378px) Image search: [Google]
file.png
60KB, 547x378px
>2010+7
>still no multi platform ui library that doesn't look like it's from 1998
what should I use /g/ ?
>>
>>60363971
>what is gtk
>what is qt
You can even choose Electron, if you want to write once and run everywhere in modern way.
>>
>>60363989
>You can even choose Electron, if you want to write once and run everywhere in a bloated and insecure (since most Electron using devs don't update the browser engine) way.
ftfy
>>
>>60364015
>in a bloated
Yes.
>and insecure
You can't have secure code if you program a big system.
>>
File: file.png (1MB, 1440x809px) Image search: [Google]
file.png
1MB, 1440x809px
>>60363971
forget multiplatform and use UWP
>>
>>60364065
>developing only for Windows
>the least important platform
>>
>>60364087
>Windows
>the least important platform
Pick one
>>
>>60366652
Typical microsoft
Gives people a choice when they know all the options makes them money
>>
>>60363971
there is literally nothing wrong with GUIs from 1998

this flat minimalist cancer has improved NOTHING and only ever takes away features "because muh aesthetics"
>>
>>60364087
>>60366652
I've been using GNU/Linux since Windows 98 was popular and I'd like it to be "important" but the simple truth is that it's not, if you're writing software to make a profit then you might as well ignore it.

Windows is where some money's at and Apple's iPhone is where the big money's at.

>>60366760
>there is literally nothing wrong with GUIs from 1998
There's nothing wrong with classic usable working interfaces if you're using a keyboard and a mouse. But they don't work well with a touchscreen. Sadly we have what seems to be a whole generation of children making UIs based on the idea that all desktop computers are 5" touchscreen devices.

There really isn't a huge need to reinvent the wheel. Perhaps you think it would be better if it was square or triangle-shaped but the simple truth is that there is no need to change it, it works just fine as it is.
>>
>>60366841
>Sadly we have what seems to be a whole generation of children making UIs based on the idea that all desktop computers are 5" touchscreen devices.
Make fuckhuge buttons
>>
>>60364065
>look mom
>no borders between elements
Thread posts: 12
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.