[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

>download manjaro because i wanted a new distro >install

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 18
Thread images: 2

File: 1476374596672.gif (1015KB, 500x246px) Image search: [Google]
1476374596672.gif
1015KB, 500x246px
>download manjaro because i wanted a new distro
>install goes fine and it runs pretty smoothly except for some minor issues
>really like how fast and responsive it is. doesn't look like shit either
>decide to fix small issues here and there to make it even better
>try to turn off mouse accelaration. doesnt work
>2 hours of reading and trying different things os freezes
>manually restart it and try to log in cant
>stuck on a fucking login loop. i enter correct password but it won't let me in
>start searching for solutions online. apparently this is a somewhat common issue
>rage quit after a couple of hours of trying to fix it and boot into windows
i thought i finally found a distro that i liked but i cant even use if for a single day without having problems. this is probably just a simple issue to more experienced people but its hard for me. mfw i try my best and still fail.
why am i so stupid?
>>
let me guess you got memed by an idiot on /wg/
>>
>>60362713
i would suggest antergos w/ cinnamon unless you think that looks like shit then prepare to troubleshoot KDE bugs or get a decent XFCE look going.

if you dont care about bleeding edge then download like elementary os or something?
>>
don't use rolling release distros

they are made of glass.
>>
>>60362750
i actually switched from elementary to manjaro because elementary was too heavy and it would randomly stutter on my shit computer.
>>
>>60362726
i got memed by someone from /g/

>>60362753
I mean i knew before hand it was going to be unstable and i thought i could actually learn something along the way but the OS is literally unusable.
>>
there's a reason people like OSX. shit just works and you don't have to waste hours. i've had many linux distros get fubar and had to start over.
>>
>>60362785
>shit computer
sorry:( u must make trade off here. i would go with a cinnamon/mate/xfce(imo descending looks order) DE and distro of choice. or i3 if u wanna rock that
>>
>>60362713
Don't bother venting your problems, it is universally treated as PEBKAC here
>>
The Macbook Pro with Retina Display doesn't have this problem
>>
File: 1494652008057.webm (3MB, 1280x720px) Image search: [Google]
1494652008057.webm
3MB, 1280x720px
>>60363042
treat yourself this week pajeet
>>
>>60362878
welp. i'm about to boot up antegros hopefully i didnt fall for another meme.
>>
>>60363106
i would personally use the LTS kernel option
>>
>>60363031
>decide to fix small issues here and there to make it even better
sounds like PEBKAC to me
>>
>>60363063

>pajeets
>Apple
>not microsoft and google

I see they're working extra hard to shake the association off.
>>
>>60362713
you should have used ubuntu's network installer faggit
>>
>>60363747
>PEBKAC
jokes on you I let the chair do the work.
>>
>>60362713
This is why Arch based distros are a mistake.
If you're too stupid to install Arch, you probably shouldn't be using any Arch based distros.
However if you are going that route, Antergos > Manjaro
Thread posts: 18
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.