[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

How do you faggots stay interested in the nitty gritty details

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 26
Thread images: 4

File: nayeon.jpg (79KB, 1000x747px) Image search: [Google]
nayeon.jpg
79KB, 1000x747px
How do you faggots stay interested in the nitty gritty details of tech? I spent a few years learning tech in college, and working at a company. Within those few years I learned everything needed, and realized any further learning would be a waste of my time. Sure, I would become more specialized, but I would earn incrementally less money with my increased experience.

It is much easier to hire some autistic kids like you, work them like slaves and profit everything off you. How does that make you feel? Why don't you run your own company?
>>
20 years from now, a fat, gray haired OP cries into his beer about his wife leaving him for someone who didn't have a dead end job and hadn't lost their desire to learn.
>>
Only time I care about tech is when I'm in the market to buy a new phone or some shit. Staying up to date and following tech news is pretty tiring and lame unless you find inherent value in that sorta thing.

>running own company requires staying current with bleeding edge tech

lol no
>>
"tech" is waaaay too broad. you really can't keep up with EVERYTHING in "tech". if you want to make money, need to be more focused. huge difference between software and hardware themselves, and even those are far too general.
>>
>>60360945
Why is this always the go-to insult? It's like not having a SO is the worst possible hell you people can imagine. Does your life revolve solely around your wife/GF/whatever? Do you have absolutely no passions or hobbies or anything else in your lives except your partner?
>>
>>60361105
exactly what a virgin would say
>>
>>60361190
Actually I'm pretty sure THAT'S what a virgin would say.
>>
>>60361190
And here it is again. If the only things you find important or meaningful in your life are sex and GFs, then your life is pathetic. Get a passion, get a purpose in life.
>>
>>60360945
Marriages are hard work at the best of times, dude. If your motive to learn is to keep a girl, you must be very naive.
>>
>>60361204
>>60361215
dont hate the player hate the game
>>
>>60360927

>I learned everything needed to know about the web in the 90', and realized any further learning would be a waste of my time.
>>
File: wee-woo.gif (2MB, 480x240px) Image search: [Google]
wee-woo.gif
2MB, 480x240px
>>60360945
From my post it indicates that I am able to generate enough wealth on my own to live comfortably, which does not equate to a dead end job. I am assuming you brought up the wife thing because you are jealous I can even convince a woman to marry me.

>>60360965
I'm talking about boring devs / engineers who work for years just tinkering with shit. Of course you don't need to be bleeding edge, you just need to be on top of your shit enough to make good decisions.

>>60361009
Good advice in general, but your advice is slightly too broad...
>>
>>60360927
>Within those few years I learned everything needed, and realized any further learning would be a waste of my time.
Looser mentality
>>
>>60360927

"further learning would be a waste of my time"

I stopped there. Your reasons for living are wrong.
>>
>>60361448
>>60361430
Further learning of specific technical fields.

I learn about shit all the time, but engineers just cap out at a certain salary. You can use your brain in other ways to make much more money.

>>60361344
nope, it is sad how many old tech workers are clinging onto their jobs and doing almost nothing productive.
>>
>>60361105
>It's like not having a SO is the worst possible hell you people can imagine
It's not the worst one can imagine, it's the worst there is.
>>
nayeon is an uggo and basically you're retarded
>>
>>60360945
i don't know what fucking timeline you think this is but women on average, at least the ones that aren't stupid cunts, have better paying careers than what any idiot with some it skills could ever accomplish
>>
>>60363919
a true beta male would judge what other males like as far as where they're putting their penises
>>
File: UNIX_beard.jpg (75KB, 500x590px) Image search: [Google]
UNIX_beard.jpg
75KB, 500x590px
>>60360927
From a software developer perspective:

Grow a UN*X beard. New technology is all 23yo faggots re-inventing the wheel. Only this time they make it more bloated, insecure and generally worse because JavaScript.

Modern software is shit. Become a recluse and move to the terminal. Start kernel hacking. Grow a beard. Ignore normies with their JavaScript Web Cloud bullshit.
>>
>>60361105
normies
>>
>>60363992
^this

Webdev is a huge Titanic that will sink and we will see webretards realizing how useless their skills are and jumping from the windows.
>>
>>60361344
You're being edgy but you're unintentionally right. Look at today's web tech. Then look at what the tech was decades ago.

We had the same shit. Well, we had better shit. Because now everything is more bloated and written in JavaScript.

World would have been better off if people stopped "learning" after the 90s.
>>
>>60360927

Congratulations, you have attained the psychopathic epiphany achievement. Remember that the majority of people don't realize this or lack the intelligence/means to act on their newfound way of thinking. Please keep in mind letting the sheep know that they're being used for our gain has no effect and is a sign that you have a ways to go until you attain the psychopathic enlightenment achievement. Keep on trucking fellow leader of the people.
>>
>>60360927
>How do you faggots stay interested in the nitty gritty details of tech?
Autism, basically.
>>
>>60360927
>not wanting to be the undisputed best in your field
Typical brainlet
Thread posts: 26
Thread images: 4

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.