[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

I hate "open sores" faggots Closed source is better

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 16
Thread images: 2

File: 1482968677529.jpg (132KB, 500x351px)
1482968677529.jpg
132KB, 500x351px
I hate "open sores" faggots

Closed source is better because anyone who has worked on highly complicated code knows that as soon as you start letting amateurs fuck with your code, it makes your life harder. Good projects are complicated beyond anything most of us could possibly contribute to, so why bother to make it open source?

It's closed source because they want it to work. It's not closed source because of some massive conspiracy. It's not close source so the dev can sell it via patreon. It's not closed source because he stole code from someone.

Good projects are closed source because they are complicated beyond what most people could possibly contribute to, and opening it up to everyone with a computer to contribute to is only going to make it worse, not better.

I know that nobody understands this, or wants to understand it, because it's the giant circlejerk that the dev is hiding something, but he's not. I know none of you will apologize when someday, as promised, the code is actually opened up and everyone sees that there's nothing to hide.
>>
fuck off retard
>>
>>60357866
Nice blog bro

Post FOSS recommendations ITT
>>
Pretty weak bait
>>
>>60357947
I found double commander recently, seems like a pretty good totalcommander alternative
>>
>>60357866
Gated check-ins

Build masters

Limited commit access

Code review

These are all things that exist.

Try not to be a drooling retard next thread, k?
>>
>>60357866
Stupid Dog-poster.
>>
>>60357866
That's actually not the reason closed sourced is better.
Closed source is better for monetization and most intelligent people want to gather wealth, not be some activist. Therefore closed source gathers the best talents. The goal of life is to leave more offspring with your DNA, not better the world for everyone, and gathering wealth is the best method.
>inb4 pointing out rich people in open source
Look at Bill Gates.
>>
>>60357866
This is the dumbest copypasta I've ever seen
>>
>>60358238
>the goal of life is to breed like rabbits
Really fires the neurons
>>
>>60359978
no way anyone would survive decapitation like that
he don't got a food source
and dropping the container would be bad
>>
>>60359978
From a biological perceptive, the only reason you exist is to propagate your genes or failing that, become food (both in a physical and metaphorical sense) for those who do.
>>
>>60360365
Doesn't bridge the is-ought gap. Morality is constructed
>>
>>60357866
>why bother to make it open source?
How is complications of open source going to fuck up a project?
>It's closed source because they want it to work
Why would close source ever want to reveal the code so that they allow themselves be subjected to criticism?
>It's not closed source because he stole code from someone
Why not just use the word "reusability"? You don't steal codes, you steal ideas.
>Good projects are closed source because they are complicated beyond what most people could possibly contribute to
Most people contribute by submitting bug tickets and post system logs. Only a handful will go all the way to review what lines of code are causing them. How is it going to make it worse for the system? They are doing your work for free.
>the code is actually opened up and everyone sees that there's nothing to hide
It should be open months after you complete the project cycle plus with all the paperwork to safeguard yourself from bad people who want to steal your idea.
>Someday
How soon is someday? I hope it's not beyond my day of going 6 feet under.
>>
>>60360365
and why move beyond base biological instinct, amirite?
>>
>>60357866
I see you saw that screenshot of a leddit post the other day.
Bad bait nevertheless.
Thread posts: 16
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.