[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

>don't want to get ransomware >but game development

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 19
Thread images: 2

>don't want to get ransomware
>but game development revolves around Windows
>>
Does the Unreal Engine 4 editor have Linux binaries yet?
>>
>>60355806
Windows released some version of visual studio or something that you can run on linux to develop with, and it can compile iirc. My laptop wasn't strong enough for anything interesting so I stopped caring pretty quick.
>>
>>60355667
Microsoft patched the problem back in march, so as long as your using a new version of win10 you should be alright

And obviously dont click on stupid things
>>
>>60357784
>you need to click on something to be exploited in a browser
That's cute, kiddo
>>
>>60357796
>in a browser
You added that on, didnt you?
>>
>>60355667
>being associated with the gayming industry at all

>>>/v/
>>
File: 1487967039307.jpg (95KB, 952x680px) Image search: [Google]
1487967039307.jpg
95KB, 952x680px
>>60358024
What's wrong with a career in video game development? Video games is currently the fastest growing media market in the world.
>>
>>60355667
>all these normalfags not knowing how this exploit works
Why the fuck are you even on /g/?
>>
>>60358205
It's also the most saturated field of tech. Expect to work insane hours for slave tier pay.
>>
>>60355667
Run Unity in Linux
>>
>>60355667
All you have to do is back up your stuff and not be an idiot
>>
>>60357784
>And obviously dont click on stupid things
for this particular exploit that isn't required.
>>
You can dev on Linux. Might even be better for you in the long run as you learn how to make games from the ground up instead of writing a few algorithms and pasting functions together with assets someone else made.
>>
>>60355806
only people that use Linux are virgins that never leave this board
>>
>>60361011
yes? and?
>>
>>60355667
I know that feel, anon. Not game development, but I do C# and .NET development sometimes. I keep Windows 10 in a virtualbox just for that, and I don't allow it to have Internet access except once every weekend, where I'll check for updates on everything and install them. Rest of the time, it's not allowed on the internet, period. Microsoft lost my trust long ago.
>>
>Linux for computer
>PS4 for gaymen

Look at me I can play games and not get a virus on my computer.
>>
>>60361143
Same, and gaming is better for me since im kind of a niche gamer and most of the games I like aren't even on pc without using some hacky emulator shit (some of the earlier Atelier games, for example)
Thread posts: 19
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.