[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Just got off the phone with a potential employer for an IT job

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 22
Thread images: 2

File: maxresdefault.jpg (47KB, 1280x720px) Image search: [Google]
maxresdefault.jpg
47KB, 1280x720px
Just got off the phone with a potential employer for an IT job

Essential Job Functions:

- Ability to work with both Mac and Windows operating systems
- Support PC and Macs on MS Office 2013 & 2016
- Support Gmail
- Provide Mac hardware & software troubleshooting & repair
- Install, configure, laptops, desktop computers, network printers, and
mobile devices - Ability to troubleshoot network printers, and Wireless Access Points - Basic familiarity with server operating systems including Active Directory - Basic knowledge of networking TCP/IP, DHCP, a plus - Ability to research and provide solutions to clients in a timely fashion
- Must have effective communication and time management skills
- Ability to interact with users on a professional level
- Must have reliable transportation
- Experience with Adobe Cloud software and services a plus -Experience with IP based phone systems a plus
- Experience with Social Media a plus
For immediate consideration, reply with resume, cover letter, references, and salary expectations.
Job Type: Part-time

You know the drill, it was a basic IT job, thing is the dude told me to finish my fucking bachelors IN APPLIED MATHEMATICS before I came back, I already have a degree in economics and mathematics from community college and these aren't enough combined with an iternship from SPOTIFY to get an IT position, what the heck do i do lads? I just want to pay the bills here and not starve. I've never been a NEET, I work hard what the fuck is wrong with the tech economy?
>>
>>60353550
>Ability to interact with users on a professional level
But they're just going to see you as the IT monkey...
>>
>>60353574

I don't get it, you greentexted him and then quoted the definition
>>
>>60353574
I just want an easy IT job to pay the bills to my shitty oakland appartment while I go to school.
>>
>>60353646
>going to school
>supporting proprietary education
>>
>>60353619
More realistic job requirement for finding somebody competent would be:
>Ability to accept years of loneliness at work, knowing that you will never be included, in on "the joke" and living with no genuine, shared experiences - even though there will always be people around you
>>
>entry level IT job
>requirements: Bachelors in Computer Science

Thanks!
>>
>>60353783
Seems like you are projecting your lack of social skills and attempting to blame those around you. You can be an IT guy and get along with other people in the company, just don't be autistic.
>>
>>60353871
Don't worry about me, I've figured out that if you work enough at unrealistic expectations and impossible goals, you can replace depression and anxiety with physical and emotional exhaustion.
>>
KEK at the ransomware attack, I feel like emailing him something like: "Thanks for the phone call telling me I was declined for the position, remind Pajeet to update the windows 2016 server"
>>
>>60353849

Not to mention it is only part time... lmao
>>
>>60354021
Why is this board so full of edgy teens.
>>
>>60353550
>thing is the dude told me to finish my fucking bachelors IN APPLIED MATHEMATICS before I came back
>finish
This might be a misunderstanding, if you are in the middle of trying to get a degree maybe you don't have time for this job.
>>
It's a Pajeet farm, report them to ICE. They put silly non-required and unobtainabled skills as necessary so they can pretend there were no qualified Americans and hire an H1-B.
>>
>>60354104
> /g/ - edgy teens and failed IT worker neets
>>
File: image.jpg (213KB, 500x500px) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
213KB, 500x500px
How'd you get

>>60353550
How did you get an internship at Spotify? What was your position?

I'm guessing you live near their HQ in Sweden?
>>
>>60353550
These qualifications boil down to
>know how to use a computer
>>
>>60353550
>finish your irrelevant degree

what a load of dogshit. I hate when employers do this. The degree has NOTHING to do with your field
>>
>>60354124
It's fucking part time
>>
Tech jobs are about knowing the right people because the people who hire tech people are almost exclusively tech illiterate. My retarded friend got a 2 year networking degree with a C average from community college and immediately got a job offer for $75k a year in the Midwest because his teacher knew a guy.
>>
>>60355282
This. Even if you're decent, unless you know someone the search is difficult to find anything decent. After you at least have something substantial on your resume it gets easier.
>>
>>60353550
just look for a different job perhaps?

why settle for some braindead IT job fixing old ladies' printers with a degree in something as in demand as applied maths?
Thread posts: 22
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.