[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

How can i fix this? I upgraded from a GTX 970 to a 1070. Latest

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 35
Thread images: 1

File: vlcsnap-2017-05-12-18h47m23s136.png (2MB, 1920x1080px) Image search: [Google]
vlcsnap-2017-05-12-18h47m23s136.png
2MB, 1920x1080px
How can i fix this?
I upgraded from a GTX 970 to a 1070.
Latest drivers installed.
It happens on all youtube video's every few seconds
Never happened with my 970 GTX
>>
faulty card mabe
>>
>>60341143
maybe,
All video games work great ME:A, BF1 etc.
it just seems to be youtube videos, happens for a few seconds then clears up for a while.
>>
install gentoo
>>
Try a different browser?
>>
>>60341228
yea happens in IE too.
>>
Try an older driver
>>
>he fell for nvidia meme

HAHAHAHAHAHAHHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHHAAHHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHHHAAHAHHAHAHAHAHHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA
>>
>>60341127
Disable hardware acceleration in flash/your browser and see if it still happens, in which case the video is just fucked.
>>
>>60341127
>>>/v/
>>
>vlcsnap
>>
>>60341127
Those are video artifacts. I doubt this has anything to do with your videocard.
>>
>>60341563
This, it's probably a faulty encode of the video itself. If there's a lot of it, check and see if there's other people complaining about it in the comments. That'll tell you if it's you or the video.
>>
>>60341127
AMD.
>>
Vlc lol
>>
>>60341127
Try a different media player
try not using flash if you are (preferably just delete that garbage altogether)
get better/reinstall codecs
>>
this is a result of missing or badly decoded video data
as youtube opts to pause/retransmit on missing data (as opposed to say, live tv where you just have to keep going no matter what), missing data isn't the problem
so that leaves badly decoded data, which could indicate a video player bug, bad ram/vram, or possibly an unstable cpu overclock
>>
>>60342387
>>60341588
just being part of the video is also a possibility, if it's an encode of a damaged video
>>
>>60341127
DDU, then reinstall drivers. As a last resort disable hardware acceleration.
>>
>>60341355
>>60342314
>>60342359

VLCsnap is because i captured the desktop with the idea of making an webm, later realizing an single image should be enough.
The captured video is from youtube using Chome.
VLC has nothing to do with it.
In fact, i can steam it with VLC and the video quality is great, time seek and other things don't work however.

The video source itself is fine, i can compare it vs my mobile or chomecast.
>>
>>60342448
Thanks, trying now.
>>
>>60342448
that has seem to done it, thank you very much.
>>
>>60341127
My MAD™ VEGAN® have not this problem.
>>
>>60341127
/g/ is not Tech Support.
>>
>>60342832
could have fooled me
>>
>>60342832
/g/ isn't "muh white entitlement" tech support. If you come in and expect us to chase down your exact problem starting from nothing but a vague description, you can fuck off. But if someone comes with a precise description of the issue they're facing and they've eliminated some possibilities on their own, giving them a rundown of what's left and watching them work through it can be fun.

We don't mind tech support questions as long as you're not cis white male about it.
>>
>>60343012
don't bring that gender/race shit into this
>>
>>60343029
Shut up nigger
>>60341127
Reinstall codecs / OS, Windows is not upgrade friendly nowadays
>>
>>60341127
>league
>>
>>60341212
In this case actually really good advice. Try an OS that isn't Windows and see if it has the same problem.
If it doesn't then you've identified the problem as Windows.
If it does, its probably hardware.
>>
>>60343965
Truly awful problem solving logic.
Even if the bug doesn't present itself on some other OS it could still be a hardware problem, just the drivers might not have the exact same code or whatever triggers the problem.
>>
you accidentally put the hdmi cable into the onboard graphics card instead of the dedicated
>>
>>60341127
Ban Galio
>>
>>60346297
Then it's a driver problem, brainlet
>>
>>60341272
>IE
He said browser not IE man

Also
>>60341127
Current state of PC web browsing
Thread posts: 35
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.