[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

>Microsoft is directly competing more and more with their

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 11
Thread images: 2

File: Windows 10.png (182KB, 619x573px) Image search: [Google]
Windows 10.png
182KB, 619x573px
>Microsoft is directly competing more and more with their OEMs now that they have the Surface Laptop
>this could alienate their OEMs
>at the same time, Microsoft is pushing Windows 10 S, which be forces you to use the Windows Store because they're obviously trying to kill off win32 apps and switch everything to UWP
>this essentially means that legacy software support is slowly being phased out in Windows
So now that OEMs have a reason to push something besides Windows because they don't want to compete with Microsoft, and people are moving away from legacy software as it is, is this finally the year of the Linux desktop?
>>
>>60340341
>is this finally the year of the Linux desktop?
I doubt it.
>>
File: software_livre2.jpg (19KB, 305x305px) Image search: [Google]
software_livre2.jpg
19KB, 305x305px
>>60340341
Finally, it's the year of the BSD desktop.
>>
They already made Chromebooks, why wouldn't they make 10books
>>
>>60340341
Can i submit this to fanfiction.net?
>>
It really doesn't matter, linux does what it does and it does it great. But future is smartphones and windows will slowly die. Ubuntu phone is dead, Mir is dead, Unity is dead, plasma mobile (also replicant) supports only 2 phones, will gnu/linux can be even an option to the mobile platform, or will it slowly die?
>>
>>60340341

>is this finally the year of the Linux desktop?

Linux Witness members are so tsundere towards normal users, always bringing this topic.
>>
>>60341513
>future are smartphones
???
>>
>>60340341
No year will ever be the year of the Linux desktop.
>>
>>60341898
The most used OS is Android, not windows
>>
>>60340428
they have. and they are shit. you can't install anything unless it's from the windows store so you're stuck with microsoft edge and web/tablet apps
Thread posts: 11
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.