[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

What does the PCB on an HDD do? Is that where all data is

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 16
Thread images: 1

File: PCB1.jpg (99KB, 500x446px) Image search: [Google]
PCB1.jpg
99KB, 500x446px
What does the PCB on an HDD do? Is that where all data is stored pretty much?
>>
>>60339422
It basically does nothing but lie to your system.
>>
>>60339422
>Is that where all data is stored pretty much?
You're retarded if you even think that and have no knowledge of how mechanical hard disks work at all.
Google it before asking really stupid questions.
>>
It's just decorative. Feel free to take it out and replace it with a red or black one if you want it to match the rest of your rig
>>
Yes. The other part is the battery.
>>
>>60339450
lol, that's actually pretty good.
>>
This is what your OS talks to in order to get bits flipped on and off on the giant spinning platters right above it.

In an SSD, this controller will merely pretend to be a hard drive because OSes are all hardcoded to talk to hard disks and SSDs do tons of behinds the scenes shit to keep the state of your filesystem consistent.
>>
>>60339451
Maybe that's why I'm asking faggot
>>
>>60339470
>asks what HDD do
>makes the most retarded statement ever right after
Maybe research a bit first and ask a more coherent question afterwards you inbred mongoloid?
>>
>>60339470
>Asking a forum of thumb-sucking manbabbies a simple as fuck question and expecting a response
>Could just ask google WAT R HDD

You cannot help those that cannot help themselves.
>>
>>60339422
yeah, the spinning platters are mostly there to keep the data flowing at a constant rate, and also for cooling.
>>
>>60339422
Says right in your picture. The chip labeled memory is the memory.
>>
>>60339451
>being this mad
>>
>>60339422
> must be 18 or older to use this website
>>
>>60339422
Yes, ALL your data is stored on the pcb. The rest of the HDD is designed to cool the PCB down. The magnetic platters inside the casing are designed to be like miniature cooling fans that use the power of magnetism to remain ice cold. Hence the reason you shouldn't move your HDD in use otherwise the platters might crack.
>>
>>60339422
i usually use that space to store my magnets over the winter, it helps slow down the fans in the drive since it doesnt need to spin as fast for the cool seasons
Thread posts: 16
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.