[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Anyone else have this happen? I used to be really into thinking

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 12
Thread images: 2

File: IMG_0605.jpg (43KB, 750x406px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_0605.jpg
43KB, 750x406px
Anyone else have this happen?

I used to be really into thinking EVERY corp was spying on me. Because of the permissions asked and blah blah blah. Supported the EFF wholeheartedly. Still do somewhat.

...Then I started my career in tech and realized that just about every company is BARELY holding it together. I work at a company that asks for a lot of permissions from mobile users. We frequently get emails from people who think we're spying on them or some shit. They get all LARPy like they're fighting big brother. They have absolutely no idea we're held together by the coding equivalent of duct tape and are in a desperate attempt to hold together a rapidly aging code base,
>>
>>60338160
This might be true for smaller businesses, but the big moneymakers got it all figured out already.
>>
a frequent fallacy in thinking is that "everyone" is out to get you, when in reality every individual exists as an individual. a corporation is just a convenient title, a single person with intent to spy on you would be more effective than an anonymous, umbrella agency with no personal ties.
>>
WOW I wonder (((WHO))) could be behind this post?!
>>
>>60338160
>Then I started my career in tech and realized that just about every company is BARELY holding it together.
that's exactly what's really worrisome about every fucking company gathering data on people. when the company explodes, where does the data go? is the data secure right now? of course not

i don't think companies are gathering data and doing insano illuminati shit with it. i think they're gathering it in a desperate attempt to turn a profit, without regards for the risks, because the meme right now is that companies are supposed to take risks (with other people's privacy)
>>
>>60338182
Well ad companies need statistics from a range of people, so since they can make money out of your data, they want it.
>>
>>60338201
Shut up faggot. I still think there is a decent amount of sketch shit going on. But after seeing a lot of this shit from the other side I think that a lot of "consumer" freakout is unwarranted.
>>
>>60338202
OP here, extremely valid point.
>>
>>60338160
>It's not maliciousness, it's just incompetence!
Good to know. Now, remind me why I would use your software?
>>
https://nakedsecurity.sophos.com/2017/05/10/the-google-play-apps-that-say-they-dont-collect-your-data-and-then-do/

Really makes you think
>>
>>60338182
>a frequent fallacy in thinking is that "everyone" is out to get you
Another fallacy is thinking that just because you don't have your shit together, no one else does.
>>
File: jogginthenoggin.jpg (546KB, 979x832px) Image search: [Google]
jogginthenoggin.jpg
546KB, 979x832px
>>60338160
wtf i love botnet now
Thread posts: 12
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.