[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

LCDs suck with their anisotropic behavior and backlight bleed,

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 28
Thread images: 1

File: IMG_8549.jpg~original.jpg (98KB, 1023x682px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_8549.jpg~original.jpg
98KB, 1023x682px
LCDs suck with their anisotropic behavior and backlight bleed, but all other monitor types suffer from burn-in?

Is there any monitor type that doesn't suck?
>>
>>60337561
DLC is an analgramp for LCD
>>
>>60337575
>DLC
What are you doing outside your containment board?
>>>/v/
>>
>>60337588
man you're so cool
>>
>>60337588
I thought this is a gaming thread? Only gamers would want faster response times than LCD. For instance for playing the vidyagmae Pac Man with low latency (see >>60337561 for reference).
>>
>>60337619
>Only gamers would want faster response times than LCD.
Who cares about response times? What I want is a monitor with homogeneous colors.
>>
>>60337609
Thank you.
>>
>>60337561
You mean TFT, right? Technically IGZO isn't LCD.
>>
>>60337665
>IGZO
As far as I'm aware, IGZO only refers to the technique for producing the drive transistors. The optical material is still liquid crystals.
>>
>>60337647
Have you looked into projectors? They seem to be what you're looking after.
>>
>>60337703
Admittedly, that may be true. They're difficult to use as computer monitors, though.
>>
>>60337703
looking for*
>>
>CRT
>SED
>FED
>DLP
>Laser
>>
>>60337692
IGZO replaces the amorphous silicon (liquid crystal) used in LCD-TFTs. But yeah, it's still nitpicking to consider it an unrelated technology.
>>
>>60337561
Anything that emits light will eventually dim. All you can do is engineer them in a way such that they dim uniformly.
>>
somebody please build a screen consisting out of multiple smartphones (oled?) stitched together

i lack the monetary funds
>>
>tfw no OLED drawing tablet
>>
>>60337805
You'll have seams where the edges meet. That's a deal breaker for most people.
>>
>>60337786
>IGZO replaces the amorphous silicon (liquid crystal)
Amorphous silicon isn't the liquid crystal portion of the display, though; it, too, is a material that the drive transistors are made of. Both a-Si and IGZO displays use liquid crystals.
>>
>>60337743
>CRT
>SED
>FED
All of these suffer from burn-in.
>Laser
This is not a display type.
>DLP
Best point, but is difficult to use for a computer monitor.
>>
>>60337828
most people suck
>>
>>60337561
Burn-in is not an issue for home users like yourself.

I repeat

Burn-in is not an issue for you. Forget about it. Pretend you never knew it exists because it will never happen to you. It takes literally tens of thousands of hours for CRT to burn-in. People sat in front of their PCs in the 90s and 2000s with a task bar across the bottom of the screen for years and years on end and still did not burn the start button into the screen.

It's just not there. It's nothing.
>>
>>60338816
OLED burn in is a major issue and the primary reason you see them for TVs and phones but not desktop monitors.
>>
>>60337561
I have seen many 20+ year old CRT screens with zero noticeable burn-in. The earlier black and white CRTs might have had issues with it but the color ones were more robust in this area.
It takes displaying the same fucking thing (like the pacman game where most of the screen is static walls displayed all the time) for burn-in to happen.
>>
>>60337853
Rear-projection laser and rear-projection DLP are both very much display types, and would be perfectly serviceable as computer monitors if anyone was autistic enough to spend 10 times as much as an LCD on a display that isn't meaningfully better in any way.
>>
>>60337561
>burn-in
I wouldn't worry too much, you'll probably want to upgrade before it's an issue/
>>
>>60339029
You can actually fix this by changing the color temperature to as yellow as you can stand it. The problem is that blue OLEDs don't last very long at high brightness levels.
>>
>>60339524
Aren't the new tv's mostly white oleds with color filters over them?
Thread posts: 28
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.