[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Sup guys. Recently I've got my hands on some cheap leds,

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 11
Thread images: 1

File: thumbnailimage.img[1].jpg (79KB, 500x500px) Image search: [Google]
thumbnailimage.img[1].jpg
79KB, 500x500px
Sup guys.
Recently I've got my hands on some cheap leds, that were supposed to be 30W and as expected they aren't really (they are about 8W really)
So if understand it correctly, between the socket and the leds themselves there is a driver that converts electricity and it is he that gives out the wattage.
So my question is, if I solder a better one in there, will the lamp use that Wattege. Like if I would put there a 30W driver will the LED light become actual 30W led light?
The heating is a concern too I understand, so what I am actually planning is just throwing a socket connection all together and connecting them all to a single powerfull driver that I am planning to cannibalize from some chandelier with leds in it (if I can get my hands on some)

So is my thinking correct? cause I know jack shit about this stuff
>>
why do you need this? don't tell me it's a gaymur computer case or something like that
>>
>>60331581
>Like if I would put there a 30W driver will the LED light become actual 30W led light?
Kek'd. No, if you did that, LEDs would just burn up.
>>
>>60331635
Yes I need more wattage for my pc gaming rig, cause several 8W LED bulbs don't blind me enough
>>
>>60331658
How can I know how much they can take?
I was kinda hoping they would just draw enough power to work, like regular lamps when you connect them to the socket.
I've read on people just putting a single powerfull driver for the whole house, so I assume there is a way to do this
>>
>>60331725
>How can I know how much they can take?
Take one out and hook it up to a variable power supply and see.

as for the rest, that's not how LEDs work.
>>
>>60331581
>cause I know jack shit about this stuff

Yet somehow you were able to arrive at conclusion about the real power level. How?

Measuring the power level indicates using at least a multimeter. Anything else you a) could use to answer your question b) are not telling us?
>>
>>60332048
I borrowed that device from a friend where you connect between the socket and your device and it shows you the wattege drawn.

I do have a multimeter, the one with those two needles, but I don't think I can use it in any helpful way in this matter. but then again, I know next to nothing about electricity
>>
>>60332132
Ok. It seems that you indeed have mains powered LED lamps. They really should not be tampered with, for obvious reasons. Too much risk involved and really nothing to be gained in this situation. The manufacturers have quite probably squeezed so much power into the LED elements (and then some more), that the longevity is already questionable.

But, if you are interested to know what might be inside those things, you might watch a couple of videos by Big Clive (bigclivedotcom) at Youtube.

The posting system seems to doubt my intentions, if I include a direct link. Let's try this format.
>>
>>60332923
I don't know what mains powered means, but i am going to read up on them.
And thanks for the channel, guy is pleasant to watch.
My bulb looks like this one
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gcwnPwjUCwo
in construct I mean, same socket and all, but mine is a bit smaller and has an alluminum radiator around which runs at about 50-60 C
>>
>>60334275
And mine doesn't have anything else on the surface except for diods
Thread posts: 11
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.