[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

What is the best choice when it comes to picking a free antivirus

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 24
Thread images: 2

What is the best choice when it comes to picking a free antivirus program for your pc?
>>
>>60326301
GNU/Linux+Common sense
>>
GNU/Linux
>>
>antivirus for an operating system that's spyware itself
>>
Ignore the loonixfags and do a custom instalation of avast with only the web and file system shields checked.
>>
Silly anon, just clone the virtual machine everytime you have to use a suspicous thing, and don't forget to scan it on virustotal if it's less than 120MB
>using windows on bare metal
i hope you don't use this
>>
>>60326497
Meh, after using Linux for a while on my Thinkpad I switched back to W7. Running stuff in sandbox and as I work from VDI there isn't more 'security' I need except the router firewall.

It's just an OS anon, nothing more.
>>
>>60326301
cryptovirus.exe
>>
CommonSense2017 Professional Edition
>>
>>60326308
>>60326322
>>60326301
Gentoo
>>
Built in windows stuff. Anything else is literally bloatware.
>>
>not using virustotal uploader
>not using fciv anf checking the md5 on google
>downloading from softnic
>>
>>60326486

That's suprisingly good advice for macfags in my experience.
>>
File: 1483214764444.png (40KB, 1039x343px) Image search: [Google]
1483214764444.png
40KB, 1039x343px
>>60326486
>(((avast)))
>>
>>60326301
Common Sense and MalwareBytes. Newer updates are ass, stick with 2.something
>>
>>60326604
both windows and linux are just OS but one of them is free and less bloated
>>
>>60326964

I want to believe
>>
anti-what?
do people really still get maware in their computers?
why are they allowed using computers then?
>>
is there a good lightweight av?
>>
>>60326301
>>60327008
>>
Anti virus just adds another vector of attack, and lags everything.
Install Puppy Linux.
>>
>>60326301
By the tests, AVAST.
But Windows is vulnerable by design so GNU/LINUX is a better option, but still vulnerable.
But before ask for anti-virus you should learn to config the windows firewall and install ublock + noscript. Maybe use opendns if you trust in Cisco.
>>
>>60326301
ublock origin. Not even joking.
>>
>>60326301
Qubes. Images of qubes in Stock state that can be reverted to in the instance of compromise. Don't play the "I'm going to be tormenting/downloading things, what Antivirus will keep muh safe?" because nothing will. If I can get a payload on your box, and I have any idea that you might be running Antivirus (ie, a Windows machine) I won't be running something with a signature)(heuristic or otherwise) that would tip off your Av. Everything is gonna be tunneled and rely on techniques that lul your Antivirus into doing nothing. Or I'll simply whitelist my payload first, or I could replace your Av with my compromised version, or use you av as the attack vector.

Don't download/torrent shit and you probably won't need to take extra measures. Unfortunately, if you do download/torrent, no steps you take will protect you assuming someone wants to pwn you.

You've been warned
I am analogous
I do pigs for pigs
I do not for gets
Penis
Thread posts: 24
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.