[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Post legitimately good reasons why you're still not running

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 56
Thread images: 8

File: 2017-05-10_12-51-53.png (1MB, 1600x900px) Image search: [Google]
2017-05-10_12-51-53.png
1MB, 1600x900px
Post legitimately good reasons why you're still not running Microsoft Windows 10, the best version and variant of Microsoft Windows, and also why you still have not have made the jump and the switch to it by now already, instead of having only spun and tried it only in a virtual machine environment for a quick judgment instead of an actual good and honest installation and try with Micro soft Windows 10 which initially launched and released since 2015 more than enough time to finally decide on it

So, answer and tell me, what your inexplicable, horse shit excuses are, I'll honestly wait
>>
It's shit. Now go kill yourself.
>>
>>60315425
>>
I prefer Linux as a programming environment. I could be an obnoxious ass and say the environment is "objectively better", but I won't because I'm trying to shitpost less.

I wouldn't be wrong though.

Dammit. I just can't help it.
>>
Too intrusive, the the OS just gets in your way with all those "user-friendly" pop-ups and shit. Sure you can disable the things you don't like, but you're better off just using an OS that doesn't have those in the first place. Windows 7 is better. Windows 8.1 is even better than 7 if you don't have baby duck syndrome.
>>
Because i don't want to be spied on and i actually want full control over my os and not having garbage installed without my consent
>>
>>60316245
>>60316203
>>60316182
>>60316174
>>60315981
Not legitimate reasons. Lol.
>>
But I am, anon. LTSB 2016

Everytime I tried Linux there was some off putting thing about it. Either the UI was bad, had driver issues, or I had to jump through hoops with the terminal to do something thats only a few clicks on Windows
>>
>>60316663
>anything that doesn't agree with my shilling is not legitimate
>>
>>60315425
It's literally malware. https://www.gnu.org/proprietary/malware-microsoft.html
>>
>>60316746
This. OP is obviously retarded. OP, you can't write my reasons off as illegitimate just because you don't agree with them, they're my reasons for not using your favourite garbage OS.

Now fuck off and get back to shitting in the street and wiping your ass with your bare hands, or whatever it is you curry niggers do when you aren't here shilling for pennies.
>>
>>60316712
GNU/Linux*
>>
>>60315425
I'm waiting for 11 or whatever number they don't skip.
>>
>>60315425
>reasons
iq>40
>>
because my upload speed is shit and windows 10 does them constantly

my internet becomes completely unusable
>>
File: Untitled.png (996KB, 2560x1440px) Image search: [Google]
Untitled.png
996KB, 2560x1440px
>>60315425
ssnnnoorrkh phth
>>
>>60316182
Yeah, it's so difficult to add a compiler to your path. That's in the rare case when it's not done automatically.
>>
It's not mature yet. There are still too many minor (and some major) hiccups to make it worth bothering with.

It's in a similar spot as XP during its early years: technically usable but riddled with numerous small problems across the userbase.

Eventually it will mature, likely in one to two years, and reach a mid-XP/7 level of refinement. Ideally improving from there.

I don't care for the telemetry/privacy/advertisement bullshit, nor do I care for the reduced control over the OS. But those aren't the reasons I'm not using it. It's just too fucking buggy in small ways, and still constantly evolving.

tl;dr - cake's still in the oven
>>
Because Linux doesn't have telemetry that you can't disable without routing all traffic through an external firewall.
>>
>>60315425
You can't turn off the telemetry completely, despite what pajeet keep parroting.
>>
>>60318244
Yes you can, you just need to uninstall Windows.
>>
>>60315425
Ah, loaded questions, my favorite.
Are you satisfied with the money MS pays you?
>>
>>60316663
>Using lol at the end of your sentences
KYS
>>
>>60315425
Not really comfortable with all the spying. My main machine is Windows 7 because it's easy and what I'm used to. Also, when the somewhat rare occurrence of me wanting to play games happens it's easy and I don't have to hope the game is supported on Linux.

When I'm working I'm usually on Kali or Ubuntu because Linux has much better utilities for haxxing.
>>
>>60315425
Best version and variant of Windows yet you have to use custom start menu? Okay.

And i have to tell you, i have had many more problems with windows 10 than 7 which is just bizarre.
Not to mention all the damn botnet and user-hostile features it tries to push to you.
>>
>>60315425
>Post legitimately good reasons why you're still not running Microsoft Windows 10
Because nobody tells me when to restart my computer. NOBODY!
>>
It boots slow.
Installation is slow, drivers are usually limited and proprietary.
The interface is static, there is no good command line interface, the package management is shitty (windows store). Explorer is slow and bloated, the entire thing is proprietary and last but not least, it costs money to use Windows.
>>
>>60321206
Oh and the shit they tack on like cortana is totally worthless.

I asked it how to reboot and it showed me cartoons then opened internet explorer to bing.
>>
It's utter trash. I upgraded to Windows 7 and only begrudgingly after gaming companies abandoned all support for Windows XP (that and Windows XP is limited to 4gb RAM due to architecture). Windows 7 will be the last upgrade I make until something replaces M$ as the gaming standard.

Microsoft was never a great company, but it's gone down the shitter in recent years, mainly due to government pressure, but also because they forcefeed you ads and every installation of Windows is loaded for bear with shit that would have been considered obtrusive malware just five years ago.

All in all, I'm 100% sure you're a paid shill, and you aren't going to convince anyone here to upgrade to Windows 10. We aren't illiterate.

Fucking kill yourself.
>>
>>60321403
>"upgrade"

Corrected.
>>
>>60315425
Telemetry, I disabled this shit many times on windows 10 Pro and someway it still activated, this would cause all my system slow and barely usable.

Installed W10 LTSB days ago and I haven't seen this telemetry process coming up.

The only Windows 10 worthy to install is Windows 10 LTSB.
>>
File: yandere 10-tan.jpg (225KB, 800x555px) Image search: [Google]
yandere 10-tan.jpg
225KB, 800x555px
>>
because i prefer not to use windows 10 right now, sorry
>>
File: startmenu.webm (972KB, 1024x768px) Image search: [Google]
startmenu.webm
972KB, 1024x768px
>>60315425
>windows
>>
>>60315425
POSReady 2009 is still supported
>>
>>60316182
Sorry la but Visual Studio with VsVim is unbeatable.
>>
>>60317737
It is never done for you automatically properly. I can have multiple versions of anything installed and configured properly in Linux. I tried having two different versions of python and it was annoying as fuck to be able to access both from cmd
>>
Still waiting for the linux subsystem to mature. CU did a lot but I still want more.
>>
>>60315425
it's shit
>user-installed software can (and does) get removed between updates
>performance sucked for ages
>the UI is an inconsistent clusterfuck now

really, I'm just waiting for MS to fuck it up enough to make people leave (it probably won't be for a Linux distro, maybe Google's on-going OS project might end up cutting in as a threat to MS, they've got enough clout to make the attempt)
>>
File: 1485912516089.jpg (605KB, 800x820px) Image search: [Google]
1485912516089.jpg
605KB, 800x820px
I used the free upgrade to get Windows 10 Pro. I used it for six months, and it was shit. I reinstalled Windows 7 with no regrets.
>>
>>60317737
>>60322463
Neither of you are anything more than code monkeys if you think that's what I meant by "programming environment".
>>
>>60315425
Because 7 doesn't have that much bloatware.
>>
>>60315425

4064mb VRAM allocation bug in GPU stack (DX9) is present in Windows 10.

The GUI is 'Teenager with powerpoint' awful.

No benefit for me at all to switch permanently.

When I do change OS again it'll be back to a Linux flavour and I'll stay there.
>>
>>60315425
I don't benefit from switching from Ubuntu.
>>
File: ms_shills.jpg (4MB, 6024x5624px) Image search: [Google]
ms_shills.jpg
4MB, 6024x5624px
What is it this week? This is getting ridiculous.
>>
>>60325950
The Russians really want people to switch to Linux for its utter insecurity, so they're shilling Windows.
>>
>>60315425
It can't compile android.
>>
File: IMG_4145.jpg (37KB, 641x530px)
IMG_4145.jpg
37KB, 641x530px
>Pokemon Trading Card Game Online
>>
>>60322421
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Wm1XDo5-Drw
>>
>>60315425
Your system is burning.
>>
>>60326127
Could be an intelligent fan profile. You don't need to run your fans at 100% trying to keep your CPU below 18C idle.
>>
>>60315425
>using classic shell
>>
>>60315425
>egitimately good reasons
I'll give you two
>Microsoft
>Windows
>>
>>60318147
>telemetry
Telemetry is an automated communications process by which measurements and other data are collected at remote or inaccessible points and transmitted to receiving equipment for monitoring
>>
>>60315425
>>60316663
because of shit like this
https://torrentfreak.com/microsoft-patents-technology-to-block-pirated-content-track-repeat-offenders-170505/
first it's your cloud drive next it's your local hard drive
>>
>>60315425
I've used Linux since 2012. I have no need for Windows.

Microsoft fucked the dog when they released 8 with a tablet interface. Spooked me to the point I jumped ship and now I'm very unlikely to ever return.
Thread posts: 56
Thread images: 8

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.