[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

my boss wants me to design a CPU that can compete with kaby and

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 20
Thread images: 2

my boss wants me to design a CPU that can compete with kaby and ryzen. any tips? i was thinking i could use risc v as a base.
>>
>>60305654

Have you considered 74 series logic?
>>
>>60305654
Find a new job.
>>
>>60305654
If you are going to do that start of with only a few cores and go with a SOC design.
go for the low end first its easier to get into the market.

risc V should be chrome book teir start there.
You want to aviod x86 anyway to not get sued.
maybe look at emulation though software,
>>
>>60305654
I don't know shit about the market or construction of hardware components.

But what application is your company aiming for? Who is the market for? I tell you what we need CPU's that can handle high loads for long periods of time without draining battery more than anything.

Desktops are nice but I find myself moving to mobile platform more and more for my work. Having to get shit done outside of the home office.
>>
>>60306106
he said it's for the automotive industry but wanted similar performance for stuff like obstacle detection.
>>
File: image.jpg (60KB, 200x200px) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
60KB, 200x200px
>>60305654
You can't compete
>>
>>60305654
Use an array of dsp's you dipshit
>>
>take latest amd or intel chip
>remove branding and hack firmware so it doesn't display authenticAMD or genuineIntel
>"here we go boss"
Done, enjoy your promotion.
>>
>>60305654
There aren't any competing brands or even series from those companies are there. Is your boss high?
>>
>>60305654
> any tips?
I like the Transmeta approach. Something like this for mobile chips can work.
>>
Keller is that you?
>>
>>60305654
hang yourself
>>
>>60305654
POWER8
>>
>>60305654

kek, is this what happens when someone hires you as a computer engineer
>>
>>60305654
>risc v
Haha, no
>>
>>60306198
>obstacle detection
just spam the CAD with ALUs and you're done
>>
>>60305654
You need to license a million patents and a few years of rnd before you can even think about production. Ask for a 500 mil budget and embezzle it
>>
>>60305654
You are bad at what you are doing, you should ask what job it is trying fulfill and then design with given instructions
>>
>>60307867
What's wrong with Risc V?
Thread posts: 20
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.