[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

How do I strip a picture of all information that could lead back

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 33
Thread images: 3

File: 1493685353068.png (674KB, 944x1280px) Image search: [Google]
1493685353068.png
674KB, 944x1280px
How do I strip a picture of all information that could lead back to it?

Pic mostly unrelated.
>>
Le Millenial Shit Post AKA HELP ME REEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE
>>
>>60301517
Not really, I have a blog and don't want anyone to get clever.
>>
>>60301517
Way to assume.

You know assumptions are a mark of an idiot.
>>
Upload it to 4chan and then download it
>>
>>60301504
Copy to clipboard, paste in Paint > Save as
>>
File: 200_s.gif (22KB, 356x200px) Image search: [Google]
200_s.gif
22KB, 356x200px
>>60301588
oh thats super smart ill do that. Here!!!
>>
>>60301620
Ill try that. Thanks.

Eloquent in its simplicity.

I also should have figured that out.
>>
>>60301588
this is true...

i remember when ppl used to get doxed occasionally cause they left geolocation metadata in the image, at one point mootcuck made the site strip everything from an image to prevent that..

so he can do that or if he was the slightest bit competant he could just google "image exif remover online" and use whatever fucking comes up and then also google "image exif viewer online" and use that to see if it worked, retard
>>
Scale it down to 1x1 and set the remaining pixel to white.
>>
>>60301504
$ exiftool -all= image.ext
>>
>>60301807
I feel like I found the hardcore nerds. I never check /g/ out. I wonder what I can learn.
>>
>>60301504
ExifTool is the answer, anything else is a lie
>>
>>60301829
what you're interested in is something called EXIF, cameras log information on images taken (such as aperture, shutter speed, camera, lens etc).

With digital photos generally EXIF just saves information on the program that it was created in, date, etc. There are options for geolocation in EXIF but smartphones really are the only one that use it.

By stripping EXIF you're good to go.
>>
>>60301829
Hopefully, how to lurk.
>>
>>60301829
you can learn to not to be a faggot with a blog which you likely didnt build.

also google
>>
>>60302097
What are the dangers of blogger?

I went through and stripped out as much as I could.
>>
File: unnamed (3).png (223KB, 540x272px) Image search: [Google]
unnamed (3).png
223KB, 540x272px
Hiding something are we?
>>
>>60302097
Oh look google:

"No photos.
Refrain from posting a picture. Photos can invite trouble or unwanted attention."
>>
>>60302116
Someone else is hosting your data. What dangers are you expecting?
>>
Reminder that geolocation in pictures is an invitation to burglars

If you have something in your house to hide you better delete any metadata
>>
>>60302173
I just went though and delated screen shots and a scan. How stupid of me.
>>
>>60302233
Too late, lmao
>>
>>60302233
nice try mr hacker
>>
>>60301667
There's no way to know that 4chan isn't storing the meta data before it strips it.

I wouldn't take any chances
>>
>>60302233
delete your modem also
>>
>>60302261
no nos! Really?

lul
>>
do fecesbook and twatter delete the exif data as well?
can't remember right now if they did
>>
>>60301504
do a search on watermarking images. no, not the obvious greyed overimposed logo, but the other, the electronic one.
tl;dr you can't
>>
>>60302305
fb is already a party of free metadata anyway

guess how thieves know when families are out for vacation
>>
>>60302339
Lol, you mean the ones that can be obliterated by slightly skewing/stretching the image or applying an instagram filter? Yeah, Chinese security experts are SO smart guise : ^ )
>>
>>60302458
ignorance is a bliss. enjoy
>>
i use batchpurifier

someone probably recommended it to me from this board years ago. demo version works just fine.
Thread posts: 33
Thread images: 3

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.