[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

[fan noise intensifies] what should I do about the fucking noise

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 13
Thread images: 4

File: 1hurr.jpg (114KB, 300x300px) Image search: [Google]
1hurr.jpg
114KB, 300x300px
[fan noise intensifies]

what should I do about the fucking noise my computer makes?
>>
>>60300862
Noctuas, you stupid fuck. No, you don't have to buy the poo colored ones.
>>
>>60301012
this
i got two industrial ppc fans for my corsair h100i, it went from being a turbine to being silent even under 100% cpu load. they're not a meme, they're pretty good.
>>
>>60300862
This >>60301012

Also, buy a new CPU cooler if you're still using the stock one or if the fan on yours is smaller than 120mm. If you're already using an aftermarket cooler and it's still too loud consider replacing the fans, for instance if you have a Hyper 212+ you could replace the stock fan with a Gentle Typhoon or a Noctua.

If the GPU is your issue you're probably not going to get away without spending a lot of money to make it quiet.
>>
Can the case be to shitty to be silent? I hear like a metal vibration.
>>
>>60301191
If fans are garbage they might vibrate. I had issues with top one, try turning it up to 100% if you can then gently tune each screw, my case was so uneven I had to leave 1 screw loose to avoid echoing vibrations
>>
File: 1461019769456.jpg (139KB, 800x750px) Image search: [Google]
1461019769456.jpg
139KB, 800x750px
>>60301012
>spending $100+ on Noctuas when Cougar fans give the same if not better performance (noise and airflow) against certain models and come in a 4pack for $25

If silence with moderate airflow is what you care about, there is no reason to get anything but Cougar fans.

>but muh ten year warranty
When was the last time you actually saw a PC fan fail?
>>
>>60301487
> Cougar
Is that the same Cougar that makes CMX PSUs? Because I've worked with a dozen of those and those were fucking loud as fuck. Wouldn't trust their fans until I get to listen to one in person.
>>
File: 1488243166718.jpg (19KB, 603x491px) Image search: [Google]
1488243166718.jpg
19KB, 603x491px
>>60300862
>he doesn't love the binary humming of his computer
>he doesn't leave it on just so he can fall asleep to it's gentle purr
>he doesn't see his computer as watchful protector watching over him and his family
>>
>>60301792
I use two of their 140mm fans in my case. They're among the best fans I've ever used.

I don't know about nor use any other product from Cougar, but their fans are pretty great.
>>
File: mokou.png (146KB, 460x360px) Image search: [Google]
mokou.png
146KB, 460x360px
>>60301843
>he doesn't grill meat with his cpu
>>
>>60301792
Yes but remember. PSU's are all made by 3-4 OEMs, Cougar doesn't do those in house. I had a very, very open case with seven of their normal 120mm's and with all of them at max RPM it was less than 30db according to my phone with it sitting about a foot away. I never actually ran them at more than like 40% save the one on my heatsink and I could barely hear them if I was sitting doing nothing. With headphones on you won't hear a peep.
>>
>>60301843
> >he doesn't love the binary humming of his computer
The buzz the gpus or ssds sometimes have? HDD seeking? That's comfy. Fans are not comfy. Fans should never be louder than HDDs.
Thread posts: 13
Thread images: 4

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.