[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Why exactly is C# so hated? I've been learning it for a

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 14
Thread images: 3

File: IMG_0350.png (17KB, 273x273px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_0350.png
17KB, 273x273px
Why exactly is C# so hated? I've been learning it for a while and while it is made by microshit I personally prefer t over other languages.
>>
File: c4a[1].jpg (23KB, 600x484px) Image search: [Google]
c4a[1].jpg
23KB, 600x484px
>>60298620
>inb4 poojet
they hate it becuase microsoft and muh freedom and muh linux is better than windows
/g/ is almost full of autistic neets, just a little portion of programmers with actual jobs post in /g/
>>
No matter what Microsoft does, they will never be cool. They're the Milhouse of technology.
>>
>>60298620
You have C : the lingua franka of programming.
C++ : a multiparadigm language, that is under constant development.
Also bunch of other languages for hundreds of specific purposes.

Is there any special reason to write a program in C# ?
>>
>>60300897
>Is there any special reason to write a program in C#?
I can think of three:
1. Windows desktop application development
2. When you need to write something that needs to get actual shit done using a solid and well-supported platform but have some meme-induced unreasonable aversion to the Java ecosystem.
3. Unity Engine. It's actually fucking godsent for prototyping. Myself, I would also would use it to make a complete game if I were making one.

>>60300749
>No matter what Microsoft does, they will never be cool. They're the Milhouse of technology.
They are becoming cool though. Young kids don't remember the old evil corporate IE6 Microsoft, and they are getting to know the new, trendy Surface/VS Code/we heart linoox Microsoft.

>>60298620
Nobody hates the language itself. Everybody hated that you were locked to working on Windows and to hosting your shit on an expensive Windows server when you wanted to get anywhere near C#. It's changing now, but the future is still uncertain and the .NET ecosystem is still light years behind the alternatives when it comes to maturity of its crossplatform stuff.
The language itself is fine. It's better than Java. But that's not the point. And anyway, there's still Kotlin, Scala and whatever else the fuck one could need on the JVM.
>>
>>60298620
First language I learned. Would still use it today if I weren't a loonix fag.

Fuck mono.
>>
The language is fine. Unfortunately, it's tied to Windows, which is a shit platform for development. I like that Microsoft is starting to make Windows 10 more developer-friendly, but it still feels like developers are just an afterthought to them.
>>
>>60298620
Because there is no reason other people should put "their spin" on C/C++.
Its the same reason swift is hated.
>>
>>60300421
dumb frogposter
>>
File: 123124125 (21).jpg (45KB, 509x398px) Image search: [Google]
123124125 (21).jpg
45KB, 509x398px
>>60303082
>>60300897

.NET framework
>>
>>60303120
That works with C/C++ though.. Im sure Ive used its libraries in C programs
>>
>>60298620
Because F# is a superior .NET language.
>>
>>60300897
>You have C : the lingua franka of programming.

No, Java is #1.
>>
>>60298620
C# is like retarded brother of C++ and Java.
Thread posts: 14
Thread images: 3

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.