[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

>Reddit is selling our data to Stratfor. A company that f

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 37
Thread images: 3

File: 1494009817001.png (29KB, 753x611px) Image search: [Google]
1494009817001.png
29KB, 753x611px
>Reddit is selling our data to Stratfor. A company that fronts as an intelligence publisher, but provides confidential intelligence services to large corporations, such as Bhopal's Dow Chemical Co., Lockheed Martin, Northrop Grumman and many others.
https://wikileaks.org/gifiles/docs/27/277352_reddit-cofounder-alexis-ohanian-visit-.html
>>
>website that doesn't charge money
>can still somehow pay employees

if you're not paying for the service...
>>
>our data
Go back.
>>
>>60297437
1. It charges money (reddit gold)
2. It has ads
3. ISP's sell users' data, that's the sole reason why reddit and google and facebook use https even when not on wifi
>>
File: homerlaugh.jpg (7KB, 240x156px) Image search: [Google]
homerlaugh.jpg
7KB, 240x156px
>>60297731

>he still thinks that 95% of 4chan don't visit reddit frequently, even if they don't admit it
>>
>>60297943
Found the redditor
>>
>>60297731

Literally everyone visits Reddit these days.
>>
This thread needs to be deleted
>>
>>60297943
maybe you should keep not admitting it
>>
>>60297437

That doesn't mean selling data to Stratfor is ok in the slightest.

"First they came for the Redditors..."

If it's ok there what makes you think the same shit won't be done here?
>>
>>60297412
>Stratfor
Holy shit how do they still get contracts? They got hacked by a basic SQL injection in 2011, and they bill themselves as cyber security experts. I seriously thought they went bankrupt.
>>
>>60297412
Dumb liberals should all be spied on and later gassed, they deserve it
>>
>>60297974
someone actually believes this
kek?!?!?!?
>>
>>60297412
>Info from 2012
>>
>>60298145

Fuck off spook. This info is very important.
>>
>>60297500
>1. It charges money (reddit gold)
You aren't required to buy it to use the site, no?
>has ads
So does 4chan.
>>
>>60297491
>>60297943
>>60297974
Maybe you should go back
>>
>>60297943
I don't. Fuck off redditer
>>
>>60297943
If I have a question or a problem and a reddit thread comes up as a search result I'll look at it but I don't use our browse it. I wouldn't call my incidental visits frequent.
>>
>>60300138
>B-baka, it's not like I wanted you to answer me >.<'
>>
>>60298323
Simply posting it isn't enough to get outrage. It has to be published by a popular information node.
>>
>>60297943
kill yourself
>>
>>60297943
glad I'm part of the 5% that don't
>>
>>60297412
i dont have any problems with this. idk why anyone would buy anything from that shitty site tho.
>>
>>60301072

"First they came for the Redditors..."

If it's seen as okay there, what makes you think it won't be seen (by Stratfor) as ok here?
>>
>>60301102
this site does not really have anything to sell tho. 4chan does not have user accounts that you identify with so they cant know if it was me that made a post or someone else.
>>
>>60301132

They have your IP address tied to each post you've made and attachments you've uploaded.

They know if you're on a desktop or smartphone.

They know if you're using Android, iPhone or Autismware.

They know which boards you frequent and your posting habits.

All of that is saleable.
>>
>>60297412
>our data
They're not selling shit of mine faggot.

Did you really think that with a site that has that much traffic, they won't find a way to monetize it?
>>
>>60301102
>implying Hiroshima hasn't already sold our data
>>
>>60301183
>changing ip is easy
>user agents can be faked
>^
>could use different ip for every board
also ublock blocks all external tracking botnets
>>
>>60298025
They rebuild their site from the ground up and the kid who did the hack would never have gotten in if it wasn't for the FBI pushing him to do it.

They do geopolitical analysis, nothing to do with cyber security you fucking retard.
>>
>>60301249

To Stratfor though?

Huge fucking difference doing it in secret behind the scenes versus doing it openly in public. They can do a lot worse shit if they don't have to worry about public backlash.
>>
>>60301270

Do you use a different proxy every time you post? Cause if you use the same proxy and post around the same times every day then it's pretty fucking obvious it's the same person.
>>
>>60297491
this

there should be a way to block redditards all together. They just spread cancer when they visit MY 4chan.
>>
>>60297412
die in a fire pls
>>
>>60297943
Lel, Can't even stand reddit, the "good" reddits are basically dead and the shit ones bury all other content. The comment system is shit and everyone there loves circlejerking so hard it isn't even funny.
It's like 4chan without deleting threads and everyone tripfagging
>>
>>60297412
reddit is selling 4chans data? what?
Thread posts: 37
Thread images: 3

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.