[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Google MAPS >Be me driving with maps jamming to AIC >have

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 15
Thread images: 4

File: image.jpg (107KB, 1000x1000px) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
107KB, 1000x1000px
Google MAPS
>Be me driving with maps jamming to AIC
>have maps muted
>bitch still tells me when to turn
>tfw
>>
>>60293915
>having to be told when to turn like a woman
Whoops
>>
File: 1468250160418.jpg (82KB, 462x402px) Image search: [Google]
1468250160418.jpg
82KB, 462x402px
>>60293915
This literally happened few hours ago

>friend booked the ticket for a movie
>go to watch movie
>turn on data to check some messages
>turn off data
>movie is over
>see notification
>it's google maps
>wants me to rate the theater
>mfw
>>
>>60294057
my sides
>>
>>60294057
>he doesn't know location services aren't tied to data service in cell phones

How do you think the authorities track people with non-smartphones/burners?
>>
>>60294229
>he doesn't know location services aren't tied to data service in cell phones
It doesn't? I always assumed the GPS tracking was the big data drain whenever I used google maps. I'd commute 45 minutes each way to work in DC, and I'd run out of 4g data within a week because of maps. I assumed it was just the GPS tracking but I guess it makes more sense that the data hog was maps itself sending relevant traffic and direction data to my phone.
>>
>>60294259
It uses both for accuracy, but if you're planted in a theater for 2 hours, your location can be triangulated pretty well.
>>
>>60294286
So when I commute to work and drive some 90 minutes each day, what in maps is really killing my data? I guess I should have just stopped using maps after the first or second time, but I have a terrible sense of directions at 6AM and shortly after work. Also, DC traffic was terrible and is the last place I want to fuck up in.
>>
>>60294307
Probably caching nearby areas, stops, restaurants, etc in addition to getting a more accurate location faster. I *think* you should be able to set limits on data usage for maps
>>
File: dots.jpg (679KB, 3296x1125px) Image search: [Google]
dots.jpg
679KB, 3296x1125px
https://www.google.com/maps/timeline?authuser=0&pb
How much of your life does it know?
>>
>>60293915
Kek
>>
>>60294307
Set your town as an offline area and it will cache the streets data over wifi. You can get directions even in airplane mode this way but you won't get live traffic / reroutes.
>>
>needing directions
>>
File: shitpostingloudly.gif (499KB, 500x363px) Image search: [Google]
shitpostingloudly.gif
499KB, 500x363px
>>60294432
>Probably caching nearby areas, stops, restaurants, etc in addition to getting a more accurate location faster.
That's kind of stupid. I used navigation only for directions. I wasn't trying to sight see or find a hipster bar with a hundred microbrews. I wonder if navigation has an option where it only uses data for traffic and directions.

>>60294659
I legit needed the live traffic and reroute bullshit because I'd often take an alternative route from NOVA to DC just to get around traffic jams. Occasionally, I'd just take the toll road because route 7 would congest with bottlenecks and the semi frequent accident. Sacrificing my 4G data for navigation wasn't that terrible, that was the majority reason why I even had data on my Nexus 6 in the first place.

Cellular providers should allow users to somehow toggle between 3G and 4G effortlessly. I'd love to be able to use my shitty 3G connection for navigation and my 4G for music and videos. At least that way I could use my 5 gigs of 4G for preferred functions.
>>
But why does she keep taking even when she is muted... Truly woman
Thread posts: 15
Thread images: 4

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.