[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Hello /g/. I have quite busy summer coming up but during the

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 7
Thread images: 1

File: CSUEf0kUwAAoqFo.png (50KB, 600x400px) Image search: [Google]
CSUEf0kUwAAoqFo.png
50KB, 600x400px
Hello /g/. I have quite busy summer coming up but during the free time I have I will delve deeper into one programming language. Which language should I learn during the summer?

In University I've mostly studied C#, Java and JavaScript. During my free time I've developed games with Lua and studied some Python. I'll take a Haskell course in the fall. Right now I want to learn a language that will help me "stand out in the crowd" when applying for jobs in the future.

Currently thinking of pic related, seems like a fun language.
>>
How about a psychological course? You seem to know enough already. You just need an idea.
>>
Rust is literally an SJW programming language.
Normally, I would ignore the type of people who contribute to it, but it's pretty hard to ignore the very clear SJW influence they send by imposing a "code of conduct" on the language itself.
It isn't even any better than C because you have use the scary UNSAFE blocks in order to do anything meaningful.
>>
>>60283004
What kind of psychological course? I've studied some cognitive science (in relation to UX and UI design) and it was some of the most boring, extremely obvious nonsense I've ever had to sit through.

>>60283025
Yeah that's the vibe I've gotten from the discussion here. I checked it out today and it looked like fun though.
>>
>>60282956
The latest hot epic may may languages in industry are Scala and Go. Both are flawed and I don't see them sticking around for long but we'll see. Employers will like it if you know them even though Go was literally designed for babies.
>>
>>60282956
Definitely not a fun language, you are looking for D.

Rust is a pretty arrogant and young, naive grandchild of C. That being said, Rust has the best dev environment possible.
>>
>>60282956
smoke meth
Thread posts: 7
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.