[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Do you guys just watch anime at your computers? Because I wanna

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 16
Thread images: 1

File: rape cam.png (726KB, 1280x720px) Image search: [Google]
rape cam.png
726KB, 1280x720px
Do you guys just watch anime at your computers?

Because I wanna set up some kind of set top box that can access my network shares and play my .mkv container anime on my TV with a remote without having to sit at my computer.

Last time I checked, there weren't any "streaming" devices that could handle Hi10p video and if they did, they would choke up on fancy subs.
I bought a proper core2duo machine and plugged it into my TV, but it takes so long to boot, and it doesn't have a remote control, I usually end up watching it on my computer anyway.
>>
use raspberry pi
>>
Can't chromecast do that (Or Plex)? At very least you could connect the computer to the TV like you did, and use an android/ios app to control the video player, that's usually what I do from time to time.
>>
Connect PC to TV like God intended.

SSH to PC from any device.

Control MPV over SSH.

Play animu.
>>
>>60282693
Just get a decent non-shit PC hooked up to your TV and build a NAS server.
>>
get a remote control for your pc?
>>
Entirely depends on your TV.

For example, my TV has DLNA support, letting me play stuff listed on the network, though many newer features like 10bit colour and lossless codecs don't work since TV's rarely get more than a few security updates after launch.

If something like that doesn't exist, your only choice is to control it via a display port or LAN, but I can guess that that wouldn't work with your setup
>>
>>60283125
Wireless keyboard and mouse with decent range is much better.
>>
>>60282693
>but it takes so long to boot
Get a cheapo SSD and/or make use of Sleep/Hibernate to speed it up. I have a C2D laptop with an old SATA2 SSD and it probably takes 10-20s to go from off to Kodi.
>it doesn't have a remote control, I usually end up watching it on my computer anyway.
Install Kodi, set up your file sources (remote share, external drive or w/e you're using) and control it using Yatse or some other Kodi remote app for your phone/tablet.

The C2D laptop I mentioned is a 2.13GHz model with a GT240M which only does 8b H264 hardware decoding, but it plays 1080p Hi10p just fine, though the CPU is pretty much at its limit with that.
>>
>>60282693
Install Kodi on the TV PC and use your phone or a video game controller as a remote. Kodi is pretty flexible when it comes to remotes.
>>
>>60282693
DELETE THIS
>>
>>60282693
>it takes so long to boot
Just don't turn it off.
>it doesn't have a remote control
Use laptop to SSH into it.
>>
>>60282693
Dedicated HTPC running Kodi, usenet for TV/movies, torrents for anime, all automated, hooked up to 50" plasma.
>>
>>60282693
I have a setup like this, I just bought a wireless keyboard and open shit from the command line with mpv
>>
>>60282693
Use Raspi to play videos from network drive, write app for android to control Raspi from phone.
>>
Anonymous 05/09/17(Tue)00:38:24 No.60287747▶
If I just want a cheap and reliable setup to store anime can I just buy a bunch of cheap HDs and swap them in and out of an enclosure as I fill them?
Or should I just raid 1 anyway?
Thread posts: 16
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.