[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

>back in 2011 I could have bought 100 bitcoins for 500 dollars

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 59
Thread images: 9

File: jgdnZCO.jpg (60KB, 700x700px) Image search: [Google]
jgdnZCO.jpg
60KB, 700x700px
>back in 2011 I could have bought 100 bitcoins for 500 dollars (5 dollars per BTC)
>/g/ told me not to, because bitcoin will lose value quickly and I listened
>mfw bitcoin hits 1600 dollar mark
>>
>>60281839
Buy bitcoins now.
>>
/g/ told me to install Gentoo but I was smart enough to ignore them.
>>
>>60281839
>back in 2011 I could have bought 100 bitcoins for 500

even if you did you would have probably sold out at $50 per bitcoin
>>
>>60281942
>"smart"
>>
File: cute-cat-face-1.jpg (613KB, 1920x1080px) Image search: [Google]
cute-cat-face-1.jpg
613KB, 1920x1080px
>>60282121
>not falling for a meme and wasting hours compiling an OS for no real reason isn't smart

You fell for the meme, didn't you?
>>
>>60281839
Still exist 4 millons of bitcoin to mining.
>>
>>60281950
So what? Still would have been a tenfold return on investment.
>you could have been a millionaire
Biggest regret of my life.
>>
Any time I get depressed over this, I just remember that guy that threw out a hard drive with what became $1,000,000+ worth of BTC on it. I'd probably kill myself if I did that.
>>
File: crying.png (4KB, 191x234px) Image search: [Google]
crying.png
4KB, 191x234px
>buy 50 bitcoin @ $3 each
>sell them for $40 each
>Woohoo, $2000 thanks to some dumb lolbertarians
>Now let's watch this crash and burn
>>
>>60281839
Dark web loves BCOINS
>>
File: Install_Gentoo.png (53KB, 668x345px) Image search: [Google]
Install_Gentoo.png
53KB, 668x345px
>>60282163
I knew a guy who loves Gentoo way before already. He basically introduced me to it. I considered installing it some day, knowing it would probably be difficult. After stumbling upon the meme, I decided to take a closer look at Gentoo and install it on my desktop to use it as a server. Took me the whole weekend to set up properly, I was blown away by the amount of detail in the installation handbook the entire time. No regrets.

Later on I tried out the desktop capabilities of it in a VM. I was quite impressed. A few weeks later I decided to go bare metal. Took me another weekend. Still no regrets. Up to this day, Gentoo is and probably will always be my favorite distro for server and desktop usage, and despite being written in Python, in my eyes Portage is the best package manager ever.
>>
>>60282285
How do you feel about "libertarians" now?
>>
>>60282227
That guy probably lied. I did that when I was an immature retard. Virginia?
>>
File: smug.gif (685KB, 500x500px) Image search: [Google]
smug.gif
685KB, 500x500px
>tfw to smart for crypto currency
>>
>>60282561
Well, it's nice that you have fond memories of it but I don't have the patience for all that so I went with Arch and have zero regrets. In fact, Arch is my favorite distro ever and I think pacman is the best package manager ever.
>>
>>60283147
The Gentoo poster was much more eloquent, does this illustrate the difference between Arch and Gentoo users?
t. Arch user
>>
>>60283183
I'm not going to write a poem about an OS.
>>
>>60282227
If you want another shot, go ahead and pump into LTC before SegWit hits and just hold.
>>
>>60283183
First came here when I was 13 as a winbabby, heard the install Gentoo meme and heard it was impossible so I gave it a go as my first foray into GNU/Linux
I had installed on a spare laptop with X running by the end of day, used for about a week before someone on an ML convinced me to switch to Arch with the ABS and AUR, I took her advice and haven't looked back 6 years later
Worth noting though that I have dealt extensively with Debian, Ubuntu, Mint and a few Gentoo machines through work / friends and they've all made me want to kill myself coming from Arch
>>
>>60283353

tried anything like RHEL/centos/fedora?
>>
bought some when it crashed last summer, now it's worth increased approximately by 2.5
>>
File: 4L_Eb14gTTy.jpg (937KB, 966x3054px) Image search: [Google]
4L_Eb14gTTy.jpg
937KB, 966x3054px
>>60283183
Arch is typically used by man-children while Gentoo is used by patricians, intellectuals, professionals, scientists and researchers, celebrities, and our fellow NEET friends.
>>
>>60284026
I know it's a joke picture but the NEET side is only true up to the third picture.

t. former wageslave, current NEET
>>
>>60284147
Not at all. Social skills can be learned and aesthetics can be earned through good diet and fitness. The NEET is truly superior.
>>
>>60281839
Never listen to what /g/ says.
>>
>>60283927
No unfortunately

I really should though
>>
>>60282227
There are many more if you wanna feel better.
https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=576337
>>
File: red_on_suicide_watch.png (17KB, 738x566px) Image search: [Google]
red_on_suicide_watch.png
17KB, 738x566px
>>60281839
>/g/ told me not to
>I listened

found your problem friendo, no need to thank me
>>
I never wanted to buy bitcoin I wanted to mine it but the cards to do it were perma out of stock at the time. I never considerer growth in value at all.
>>
>>60284353
Thinkpads, mechanical keyboards, the Sansa clip+, Linux, Casios and TN are all good though.
>>
>>60284224
>NEET
>social skills
>>
>>60281942
>inb4 install fuschia in 2020-/g/
>>
i used to have 1 bitcoin, but then i lost it
>>
Where the fuck do you even exchange bitcoin for real money?
>>
>>60284372
The stupid thing was that people stopped mining when the cost and price hit parity.
If they'd kept mining they'd be pretty wealthy now.
>>
>>60284475
Good, yes. But no more than that.
Not excellent, for instance.
>>
>>60284372
what card do you have in your current machine? and do you pay for power?

also, watch out about talking about cryptos on /g/. I got a warning for starting a thread about LTC, informing me that it's not technology related, although I'm not sure how it's not.
>>
>>60281839
/g/ was wrong, but not for the reason you might think.

Bitcoin is an incredibly opaque market. Yes, you can see all the transactions, and yes obviously the price is determined by supply and demand, but beyond that, why the price is actually going up and down is usually unknowable. I've lost count of the number of times bitcoiners have predicted a price rise based on some specific news, only for it to do nothing or go the other way for months. Likewise, I've lost count of those bullish on Bitcoin saying it would go to zero, only to be proven wrong by the price going up.

When you buy Bitcoin with the intention of holding it, or take a short position on it, you are in essence, gambling on a speculation vehicle. If you are fine with gambling with your hard earned (fiat) cash, go for it. Just know that what you're doing is gambling.
>>
>>60284536
you can do it but you have to do lots of identity verification first.
>>
>>60284567
seems that all non consumer tech threads get deleted. there was a thread that i wanted to read but it was already deleted when i tried to open it.
>>
I have a bitcoin in a wallet.
How do I sell it for burger bucks?
>>
File: 1383616059001.gif (154KB, 500x500px) Image search: [Google]
1383616059001.gif
154KB, 500x500px
Yeah, sucks major dicks to be honest. I generated ONE Bitcoin in 2 days with a fucking overclocked HD6850 back then. If I only knew...
>>
>>60284559
What's your definition of excellent then?
Give an example?

Blindly trusting /g/ is autistic but there is method to the madness
>>
File: 1446203709001.jpg (133KB, 874x1108px) Image search: [Google]
1446203709001.jpg
133KB, 874x1108px
>>60282227
Don't throw salt on the wound anon, the piece of shit of my seagate barracuda shit the bed with my wallet in there back in 2009, had 5k BTC from minning and gifts from those shady pools that wanted new people (remember those "mine here and get 100/500/2000 free BTC?), in it but didn't care because it was worth less than 10 USD.

Obviously later i tried to recover the data but it was impossible as when the disk locked up (buggy 7200.11 firmware) somehow the piece of shit caused some sort of head crash but the platters where all scratched by the head. Still the disk spiked from 0 to 1k damaged sectors when the system stopped detecting it and later locked up from BIOS, so probably both things happened at the same time.

That shit are the things that made me realize this life was gg, kind when you fuck up a in a game ignoring a special quest and it end up with 97% forever, now all that wait me is to rot working until a dindu kill me for my phone or my retirement isn't enough to buy food.
>>
>>60281839
There is no way you could have foreseen that the price would be what it is now. It's like being salty about not buying Apple or Google stock.

Just stick that money in a Roth IRA or an Index fund.
>>
>>60281839
>>60285029
Buttcoins are still worthless, just like you.
>>
tfw all this shit went down when I was broke and in College
>>
There also were a ton of people who lost their college funds because they invested during a temporary peak. Or people who left their bit coin millions in an online wallet which then went offline. Or people who got into bitcoins when it was at a 100$ and left the train when they made 200% profit. I mean just having invested earlier into bitcoins doesn't automatically mean that you would have made a ton of money.
>>
My mate sold 20 off for $200 back when it was first blowing up
>>
>>60284762
is it because it's summertime? I feel like cryptos are definitely tech related
>>
I asked my grandfather to throw in $5k for buttcoins when they were $2.50 a piece.

Then they hit $3 and I pestered him again, still no.

Now he says next time something like that comes along to let him know and he'll trust me.

Happened again with AMD, told him to buy at $1.86, he said maybe at $1.50. Next thing you know it's hitting $4-5. Then a few months later it's at $15+ (ignoring that it's now back down at $10) .

Sigh, I invested some of my own money, but it was only a few hundred bucks, made $1,800.
>>
>>60282196
and only Chinese banks running ASIC farms will get them.
>>
Ignoring Bitcoin is one of the biggest regrets I have. At least I made a few hundred on AMD.
>>
>>60284567
>>60284762
>>60285304

Non-stop threads on /g/ about every new *coin was part of the reason /biz/ was created.
>>
>>60283218
>implying you have the vocabulary and the knowledge (and "the patience") to write a poem
>>
>>60285029
>Obviously later i tried to recover the data but
that hdd is worth 8 million, maybe you should make a deal with the NSA, if they can recover it they can have half.
>>
>>60289990
SEND IT TO A PROFESSIONAL HDD RECOVERY FIRM
>>
>>60285029
Shit Anon, I'll pay for the drive recovery if you promise me 250 of the recovered Bitcoins.
Thread posts: 59
Thread images: 9

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.