[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

USB Type C is the worst meme shit to come out of the normie generation

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 66
Thread images: 6

File: 1484025107534.jpg (52KB, 660x768px) Image search: [Google]
1484025107534.jpg
52KB, 660x768px
USB Type C is the worst meme shit to come out of the normie generation of technology.

Does your port support Thunderbolt, USB 3, USB 3.1, can it take in power, can it output via Display Port? Who the fuck knows.

Does your wire have a 56k resistor? If it doesn't your device is fucking destroyed.

You know all that shit that works with Micro USB? It's fucking worthless now. You want to use your typical common sense Type A wall plug? Nope, because not only does Type C change the reviving port, but it makes it the same on both fucking ends unless you get some chink USB Type A to C, which will fry your shit btw.

I have two (non apple) Type C devices and I despise both of them. Fucking hate this shit with a passion.

I would literally rather have a lightning port, at least it is fucking standardized and compatible with shit.
>>
>>60276763
audio jack, inexcusable
the mouse, incompetent design
the pen, stupidly designed
the dongle, lets be honest, if they gave you one that replaced all the ports they took away for free, it would be a non issue.
the case... what's the issue there, its an extra case with a battery,
>>
>>60276763
>56k resistor
I'm not complaining about the fact that I couldn't just use any old speaker wire for USB, type c or otherwise
>I would literally rather have a lightning port, at least it is fucking standardized and compatible with shit
You don't know how standards work. You can only blame Type-C for not having enough devices that have it. Wait a few years and you'll see it become much more common.
>>
>>60276944
The type C on my port doesn't support 3a charging, or video over it.

The one on my phone does.

USB was made to be universal, not "maybe it'll work".
>>
>>60276886
>the case... what's the issue there, its an extra case with a battery,
It looks like a tumor. The iTumor.
>>
>>60276972
>"maybe it'll work
It's the cable that will work. That's the point of Type C, dumbass. It's up to the device if it wants to use the Type C port for anything more than normal charging and data transfer.
>>
>>60277024
Video isn't data transfer? 3A charging isn't charging?

What I'm saying is, you have no idea what a specific type C port can do, when all USB Type A's do the same thing. Even output video.
>>
>>60276944
>Wait a few years and you'll see it become much more common.
Wait a few years, and people accidentally blowing up their devices becaused they used the "wrong" cable or port or whatever will become much more common. And then USB-C will die a violent death at the hands of pissed off consumers and warrantees that magically don't cover the damage caused.
>>
>usb 1, 2 and normal usb3 all negotiate power with no problems

>Usb c blows up your device if the cable is faulty

It's like we have gone back in time.

>b-b-but just buy known good cables!!
First off, those are overpriced. Secondly, the good thing about micro usb was that everyone had it. Not only can't you rely on others to have usb-C, but even when it becomes standard you never know who has a cable that will destroy your $800 device.
>>
>>60277024
>Video isn't data transfer?
Don't be a fucking pedant
>3A charging isn't charging?
Notice how there's the word "normal" in there.
>you have no idea what a specific type C port can do
Actually, you can. Both USB Type-C (the protocol) and Thunderbolt use the same interface. If you see a USB logo, it can only do normal USB things. If you see a Thunderbolt logo, it will output video.
>Even output video
The original USB spec isn't designed for video. USB displays always require some sort of third party driver to enable this functionality.
>>
>>60277193
meant for >>60277080
>>
>>60277080
>when all USB Type A's do the same thing
No they don't. There are expressly power only ones on those hard drive connectors and several other devices.
>>
File: chinese capacitors.jpg (63KB, 800x514px) Image search: [Google]
chinese capacitors.jpg
63KB, 800x514px
Chinkshit: Not Even Once
>>
File: Screenshot_20170508_164711.png (40KB, 1428x128px) Image search: [Google]
Screenshot_20170508_164711.png
40KB, 1428x128px
>>60277080
>3A charging isn't charging?
>What I'm saying is, you have no idea what a specific type C port can do, when all USB Type A's do the same thing. Even output video.
OwO whats this
>>
>>60277156
>>60277187
chinkshit is chinkshit, I don't blame the standard itself if I buy Type A chinkshit and it managed to cross a data pin with the power pin, likewise, I don't blame the standard if the chinkshit managed to omit the 56k resistor
>overpriced
You're forgetting the economies of scale here
>>
>>60277249
Gas stations full of shitty $1 chargers straight from aliexpress tells me differently.
>>
>>60277249
It's the standards fault. That resistor is completely unnecessary.

>You're forgetting the economies of scale here
no.
>>
>>60277285
nice
amazing arguments
you really convinced me there
>>
>>60277276
>tells me differently
it tells you about economies of scale
>>
>>60277299
The same to you.
>>
>>60277221
hey, at least it's Rubycon
that's always something
>>
>>60277334
How about the economic reality of clueless consumers blowing up their expensive devices?
>>
>>60277335
I made my case and all you had was a couple of shitty non-arguments.
>>
File: 1493574602131.jpg (21KB, 218x265px) Image search: [Google]
1493574602131.jpg
21KB, 218x265px
>>60277285
>anon makes reasonable argument
>no.
>>
File: fake_cap_2[1].jpg (74KB, 800x600px) Image search: [Google]
fake_cap_2[1].jpg
74KB, 800x600px
>>60277221
How about using fake chinkshit to power your fake chinkshit?
>>
>>60277193
Lmao USB type C is an inconsistent mess, why are you trying (an failing) to defend it?
>>
>>60277344
Chinkshit is still chinkshit, m8.
>>
>>60277392
>why are you trying
>you trying
>you
lmao, nice to see that you have no arguments and resort to a fallacy instead
>>
Other usb ports:
Power - 2.5w - 15w
Data - none, usb 2, 3 or 3.1

Usb-C:
Power - none or 2.5w - 60w
Power input - none or 2.5w - 60w
Data - none, usb 2, 3 or 3.1
May have thunderbolt with or without 5k display support
May have audio out without extra DAC
>>
>>60277414
>Expecting consumers to be smart enough to pay attention to this shit
They can barely remember to wipe the drool off their chins.
>>
>>60277374
Not an argument. I did not forget it.

So you're saying known good cables are more expensive because there's less of them being made? That makes the problem even worse then.

Stop samefagging.
>>
>>60277449
Nobody blames Type A when some retard buys a chinkshit adapter that blows their phone up.
>>
>>60276972
That's retarded, you had the same problem with USB A. Try plugging a hardrive into a USB A charger and see if it'll work. Just having a specific port never meant it'll work by definition.
>>
>>60276763
I got a ZTE axon 7 with a USB type C port and it's amazing imo..
Never had faster battery loading times It's literally 0-100% in about 1 1/2 hours
>>
>>60277476
Because the usb A stanard didn't implement something that makes that more likely for no reason.
>>
>>60277466
The standard is fairly recent so it's a fairly reasonable explanation.
>That makes the problem even worse then
By your retarded logic, both CDs and DVDs never would have been successful formats and optical drives will continue costing hundreds of dollars.
>>
File: ecu05-package.jpg (134KB, 560x560px) Image search: [Google]
ecu05-package.jpg
134KB, 560x560px
>>60276763

I slapped one of pic related into a work PC that absolutely had to have the right USB functions. Works good.
>>
>>60277513
I can go from 0-50% in 10 minutes, I'd still rather have micro USB though.
>>
>>60277528
Stop straw-manning.
If there's significantly more faulty cables being sold than known good ones then it's a big problem, no?
>>
>>60277557
>strawmanning
>>60277466
>So you're saying known good cables are more expensive because there's less of them being made? That makes the problem even worse then
>>60277557
>significantly more faulty cables being sold than known good ones then it's a big problem, no?
nice goalpost movement
>>
Bluetooth for everything nigga

Wires are a cancer
>>
It's not. Now admit it.
>>
>>60277193
>The original USB spec
Guess what, it also didn't include 6Gb/s transfer speeds. I like that USB C can function as displayport, HDMI, even with daisy-chaining and all...
>>
Usb-c is just a connector. Blame the protocols and hardware manufacturers.
>>
>>60276763
Just don't buy it. I'm micro USB until I die. Should just be another 50 years or so. I can hold out.
>>
>>60278087
Being pedantic isn't going to change anything.
>>
>>60279322
it's true tho

USB-C is a superior, reversible connector that enables a shit ton of power transfer in addition to 22 other pins

It's a great connector. It's just the competing protocols that run on it that can't get their shit straight.
>>
Everyone hates the new paradigm until it becomes the old paradigm.
>>
>>60276763
Is this why android have disabled usb file transfer?
(and enabling developer mode, and then manually set it every time is still disabled IMO)
>>
>>60276763
>Does your wire have a 56k resistor? If it doesn't your device is fucking destroyed.
What's this even about? Wouldn't that be possible with regular USB A/micro as well?
>>
>>60279566
>Is this why android have disabled usb file transfer?
What?
>>
>>60279527
Well if they can't get their shit straight, it fucking dies an early death because a standard with no standardization is useless.
>>
>>60279594
Before, you could select what the default setting for usb connections should be.
Then they changed to mtp.
Now you have to manually select mtp every time you plug the phone in and you do it through a hidden menu, so I assume that someone found it dangerous or something, could it be that usb-c chargers would fry it if they enabled it?
I didn't want to test it as I don't have the money to break a phone right now.
>>
>>60276763
>doesn't want to read the specs on his devices and cables.
>calls others "normie"

USB-C (and Thunderbolt 3) is great exactly because it's a flexible system.
So if you're a little tech savvy you can do a lot more with less cables, adapters and ports.
>>
>>60279643
>could it be that usb-c chargers would fry it if they enabled it?

Of course not don't be silly.

Either you accidentally checked some "do this every time" box, or they changed it because people got annoyed that a file manager popped up every time they charged their phone through their Ultra Dock.
>>
>>60279661
"Flexible"

INTEL ONLY

Go buy a $300 95W quadcore
>>
>>60279633
the connector has nothing to do with the other standards
>>
>>60279643
they enabled this so public charging stations can't steal your data
>>
>>60279892
Why, because Thunderbolt is owned by Intel?
>>
>>60279933
it sort of does
consumers are going to get confused
they're going to think that the USB-C port on their phone has the same functionality as the port that is on their laptop
>>
>>60280030
Yes, and of course it's locked to only Intel.

Thunderbolt is as much of a standard as GSync is.
>>
>>60280352
this has already been the case with micrUSB, MHL, DP, slimport, etc
>>
>>60276972
Yeah, it's universal... serial.

Not a power plug.

Do you really want to go back to RS 232?
>>
>>60280506
oh yeah I forgot how MHL and slimport were huge successes
>>
>>60276763
USB type C is what USB should have been from the start. Micro USB just doesn't have the bandwidth or features type C does. You can't plug a monitor into a Micro USB port, or transfer data at any decent speed. Only problem with it is that iPhones are using lightning instead.
>>
>>60281860
>the problem with a universal port is that one company is using their proprietary tech instead
Thread posts: 66
Thread images: 6

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.