[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Why haven't you embraced the future and moved to Elixir

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 20
Thread images: 3

Why haven't you embraced the future and moved to Elixir like everyone else?
>>
>>60275755
try to convince me
>>
>>60275787
you can build a distributed app in a couple of lines of code, no libraries or frameworks needed

http://engineering.pivotal.io/post/how-to-set-up-an-elixir-cluster-on-amazon-ec2/
>>
so a botnet
>>
literally who?
>>
>>60275838
Too hard, can you code in emojis?
>>
It's Erlang with slightly different syntax. Syntax isn't what was holding Erlang back in the first place.
>>
>>60275755

Elixir is a glorious language.

I really like Erlang and Elixir adds so much cool things. It's also fast and "ready for production" and os on..

The only problem is that there aren't so many jobs out there. If I would make my own startup, I'd definately consider Elixir, or maybe if you live somewhere near SanFrancisco. But right now I ain't got the time for it, that's the only reason I'm not learning it..
>>
>>60275961
>It's also fast and "ready for production"

Production would imply mature frameworks and tooling. Erlang/Elixir have neither. There are a handful of web frameworks and such for it, but they're far from what you'd want to use for a major project. You'll be writing a lot of shit from scratch, which isn't ideal for rapid development and definitely not ideal if security is an important factor.

If it's just a personal project, then go for it. I wouldn't build a business around it.
>>
>>60276277
>erlang is not ready for production
think about it the next time you make a phone call.
or use whatsapp.
faggot
>>
>>60275755
Got any beginner friendly books?
>>
>>60276326
https://elixirschool.com/

you can get pic related as an e-book on amazon/google play etc.

also this: https://www.udemy.com/the-complete-elixir-and-phoenix-bootcamp-and-tutorial/

if you like video tutorials
>>
I'd consider 10,000 modules the point where a language library is pretty much fleshed out. Hex.pm currently has 4,000.
>>
>>60276371
Thanks
>>
File: Screenshot_20170508-233434.jpg (237KB, 1185x828px) Image search: [Google]
Screenshot_20170508-233434.jpg
237KB, 1185x828px
>>60276378
I always like to check the less popular ones
>>
>>60275755
Why is it so focused on webdev?
>>
>>60277277
because it's 2017, and everything is about web dev
>>
>>60277492
*everything that pays

fixd
>>
>>60277611
i fail to see how that changes my comment
>>
>>60275755

I like the logo did you design it?
Thread posts: 20
Thread images: 3

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.