[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Nobody will be in agreeance with one another about the best CPU.

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 17
Thread images: 6

Nobody will be in agreeance with one another about the best CPU.

Pic may or may not be related.
>>
It's bretty gud doh.
>>
File: 4chan proprietary imagework (6).png (27KB, 205x185px) Image search: [Google]
4chan proprietary imagework (6).png
27KB, 205x185px
>>60272141

>mfw I'm encoding h.265 videos on my 8 core 300USD processor

intel a shit, they have hardware backdoors

http://www.tomshardware.com/news/intel-amt-vulnerability-me-dangerous,34300.html
>>
>>60272191
AMD probably have backdoors as well, fuck AMD probably chinkbotnet.
>>
>>60272141
I'd say the 1800x, but it's a marginal difference. I do hope XFR becomes more meaty tho. To more an on the fly overclock. Do it 'overboosts' a few hundred Mhz. Then tones back when thermals rise. To give a burst performance gain on top of what would be a normal overclock.
>>
>>60272141
If zen++ actually has clocks, then maybe, especially if it's also LGA(just a personal pref)
>>
>>60272238
I'd like to see tripple channel as well. Not that there'd be much a gain from it. Just because they threw a whole bunch of pci lanes and USB C, you know. Shit normal people won't use.
Been on dual for so long. Time for things to progress.
>>
File: C8ldCDmWsAQUEX5.jpg (58KB, 960x540px) Image search: [Google]
C8ldCDmWsAQUEX5.jpg
58KB, 960x540px
>>60272210

Here we see the Intel shill mad and desperate. Clinging to relevance as it justifies how fucked in the consumer and business application space it finds its self.

Confronted with deceit and lies, it blindly strikes out at it's competition hoping to bring ut to it's knees.

Pictured is the result of absolute failure.
>>
>>60272238
>especially if it's also LGA(just a personal pref)

This would probably be a good idea. I was replacing the heatsink on my AMD FX 6 processor a couple of weeks ago and the CPU was stuck on the heatsink when I removed the heatsink. Spooky but the pins were fine. I probably should have warmed up the CPU with some stress testing before removing the heatsink
>>
>>60272274
That's truly fascinating Anon. Thanks for the tour guide.
>>
>>60272281
It's more expensive to make, and no real gain. Other than having the CPU locked down in a cage. Rarely have I herd of pins ripping out.
Takes a fair bit of force to do. The socket doesn't have much grip on the pins. Just the sum total is what makes it feel as if you could break them off.
You should also twist the sink slightly back and forth in future to wriggle it of.
>>
>>60272141
For VM's and compiling, it fucking rocks.
>>
>>60272281

Wiggle and rock gently while sliding a guitar pick or something similar between heat spreader and the heat sink.

You're trying to break suction.
>>
>>60272141
Seeing people not able to come to an agreement on a "best" cpu is a good thing for the market no? Before AMD fans would say "oh wel there's no botnet in my CPU" or "My price per performance!" But now most sides can give a very compelling argument for compute tasks and best use cases. Seems like things are going well between competing products to me!
>>
>>60272368
If the "issue" regarding the fabric bus speed could be resolved, the R1700/x would be dominating.
>>
File: 1411792291115.jpg (38KB, 640x521px) Image search: [Google]
1411792291115.jpg
38KB, 640x521px
>>60272281

>when you accidentally bend a pin but manage to correct it with a credit card
>>
>>60272299
Dan?
Thread posts: 17
Thread images: 6

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.