[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Reasons you threw Linux in the trash. When I installed Ubu

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 28
Thread images: 1

File: a6d.png (377KB, 2550x1650px) Image search: [Google]
a6d.png
377KB, 2550x1650px
Reasons you threw Linux in the trash.

When I installed Ubuntu on a shit laptop more than 10 years ago, wireless drivers didn't get installed by default.

After some searching around I found this guide and said fuck it.

https://help.ubuntu.com/community/WifiDocs/Driver/Ndiswrapper
>>
I wanted to pretend to be a mature adult with more important things to do than edit .xresources.

To this day I have yet to even open my copy of microsoft office.
>>
>wireless drivers by default
>more than 10 years ago
>>
>more than 10 years ago
>>
>>60261551
>Dumb winbaby / macfag has dumb reasoning and then has to come and seek validation on an anime board
Checks out
>>
>>60261551
>Gotta use command lines like it's the 90s
>doesn't work out of the box
>>
A year ago, I installed windows 7 on my x220.
I got the latest iso from digital river, containing all the service packs.
When I installed it, the display was 800x600 or something, I couldn't even get the 1336x768 resolution on my laptop.
The wireless drivers were not installed, the ethernet drivers were not installed.
I had to use another computer to go to lenovos site, download the drivers and transfer it by usb (thank god that worked).
>>
>>60261966
Should have installed Win10 then.
>>
>>60261551
Even Vista couldn't autoinstall drivers for like 95% devices back in 2007, what was your fucking problem?
>>
>>60261551
>>60261641
Many distros wont still even have the wireless drivers by default. On my lenovo, only Xubuntu and Ubuntu have them.
>>
>>60261985
With Vista you can at least just press next on the driver installation file and have it installed.
>>
>>60261975
I had a license for 7.
I heard the consensus was the the best alternative to windows was the older version of windows, so I went with 7.
I only needed it for a weekend, so I didn't want to buy a new version, so I used the one I was forced to buy with the computer.
>>
Just a fucking test
>>
>>60261551
I AM TOO RETARDED TO USE LINUX

-The Thread
>>
>>60261998
... and anything else based on Ubuntu
>Ubuntu MATE, Kubuntu, Lubuntu, Mint, Zorin, Elementary, KDE Neon, Linux Lite, Peppermint OS, WattOS
>>
>>60261551
I am a linux fanboy but I must admit that pre-2013 linux sucked in the following ways:

WIFI drivers pain in the ass
Graphics drivers pain in the ass
Audio drivers / interface pain in the ass
Games and lack of editing / audio software

Alot has improved since then, thankfully. Still some issues to hammer out but finally we're past that shit mess
>>
>>60261551
why should anyone care?
>>
>>60261551
>more than 10 years ago

this (You) has been awarded for making a troll/bait post more than 10 words long.
>>
>>60261551
No software to properly remote control the pc from smartphone. GRemote (free) can on windows:
>remote keyboard/mouse with touchscreen
>filebrowser to play music/video
>multimedia controls
>turn pc on/off with smartphone

Also there is no thing such as IrfanView for linux.
MS Word and MS Excel is neat stuff, too.
Overall stability and working speed seems to be better on Windows.
will soon switch to ubuntu again because i hate microsoft so fucking much.
>>
>>60261551
>I tired some software more than 10 years ago, and I just *know* it's still shit even though I haven't tried it again
>>
>>60263838
Look into kde connect, or teamviewer or vnc.
>>
OP is a retard. Enjoy your toy os. >>60261551
>>
>>60261551
I've installed windows 7 and 10 on 6 different laptops and wifi never worked out of the box.

Always worked without any issue on all those laptops with linux without manually doing anything.
>>
>>60261551
>Wireless drivers.
>Wireless.
Enjoy the literal cellular cancer (not the maymay one) you'll get from all that radiation.
>>
>>60261551
Lemme guess marvell chipset?

Oh boy that shit is a pain in the ass
>>
>>60261551
Problems that existed 10 years ago do not exist today idiot
>>
Some basic essential software don't match Windows quality, like file managers, they are all crap compared to Windows Explorer
>>
>>60265837
Except dolphin and nemo
Thread posts: 28
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.