[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

What's the point in getting the latest hardware? The earlier

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 18
Thread images: 1

File: Woman-Asking-Question-20.jpg (28KB, 849x565px) Image search: [Google]
Woman-Asking-Question-20.jpg
28KB, 849x565px
What's the point in getting the latest hardware? The earlier is usually 10-20% cheaper while the difference in performance is 4-5%. Are techfags mindless consumerists?
>>
>>60261314
>inb4 r u poor
>>
That 4-5% better performance might be the song point for some folks. Also a lot of hardware manufacturers abandon the old version of their product extremely quickly, which can result in much less support being available.
>>
>>60261314
>while the difference in performance is 4-5%
If you're talking Intel CPUs, sure.
>>
>>60261407
selling*
Kill me for being a phonefag.
>>
>>60261314
They watch each other's footsteps and take part in never ending race to be hip and up-to-date. Perfect consumers and advanced capitalism citizens.
>>
>>60261314
>The earlier is usually 10-20% cheaper while the difference in performance is 4-5%
you're pulling these numbers out your ass, but it's true that you can usually get by with less when it comes to hardware, but that's true with pretty much everything. in the western world it's very easy to satisfy your needs, and it's up to you what you want to spend the remaining money on. if you spend several hours every day on your computer then it's not that hard to justify spending a couple hundred extra dollars on it.
>>
>>60261314
that's only true for jewtel. AMD has made significant improvements lately. The r9 to rx4 series gpus were a big jump, and also the FX to Ryzen CPUs. It went from shit to competitive in one generation.
>>
Basically yes. Most people who spend a lot on tech don't really end up using it. They spend 1500$ on a graphics card because they want to have it, not because they're going to use it and will care about performance.
>>
>>60261314
there is no point. Dont' waste money on cutting edge bullshit thats overpriced only because its new. Give me $1K and i can build a fucking kick ass system that will rival the latest machines. If you dont' work for pixar, its not worth it.
>>
>>60261407
>Using the manufacturer's customer service for support, instead of doing everything yourself
>>
>>60261314
Outside of gayming for retards there is no point.
Cloud computing if you need power ; old and reliable if for everyday life.
>>
>>60261314
What are you talking about?

New hardware is generally sold at the same price as old hardware.
At the most you'll get a discount to clean up the remaining stock.
>>
>>60263146
Totally this.
>>
>>60264306
>New hardware is generally sold at the same price as old hardware.

Found the Apple user.
>>
>>60264622
Not him but yeah. My i5-3210 still does everything i need plenty speedy. I'm not throwing away good money so my neofetch looks cooler when I still get lightspeed out of this thing.

Also not not PC gaymur.
>>
>>60261314
Depends on the application, like anything else. I have a lab I run at home that uses 4 year old hardware with no issues. If I were gaming, a 4-5% difference in performance could give me an edge.

This isn't hard to grasp.
>>
>>60261314
>Are techfags mindless consumerists?
Yes, +90% of the people who purchase all of that tech don't use even fraction of the power they have at their hands. They only use it as an overpriced kikebook/jewtube machine.
Thread posts: 18
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.