[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Why is Pascal so underused? >compiled >fast >easy to

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 17
Thread images: 1

File: laz.png (90KB, 450x300px) Image search: [Google]
laz.png
90KB, 450x300px
Why is Pascal so underused?
>compiled
>fast
>easy to read
>easy to write
>maintainable
>strong typing = less bugs
>dont have to fuck around with pointers to achieve basic things
>nice features like sets and nested functions
>possible to use C libs
>very good IDE that is GPLd (Lazarus)
>>
>>60260874
>Why is Pascal so underused?
because Java exists
>>
>>60260874
>Use to use delphi to make a trojan RAT, because developer user it to make Dark Comet

Man, that was many moons ago, now Im using java/C#.
>>
>>60260874
>fast
nope
>>
>>60260874
I never even once tried this. Sell me on Pascal
>>
>>60260874
Pascal is the green eggs and ham of programming.

It is simple for reason because it is made primarily for teaching purposes.

Whatever thing was possible with pascal out of this boundary is really extra, plus most who are serious with programming (with pascal) will transfer what they learn to Delphi or Python if not C.

I would rather ask why Lazarus is underused, they should make it a C IDE as well.
I'm tired of this buggy geany trash my class is using.

Also it has the reputation of being the pajeets favourite language.
>>
>>60261316
I use geany and never had any bug, what's your gripe with it ?
>>
>>60261316
>made primarily for teaching purposes.
Can people stop parroting this without knowledge.
It was created for teaching purposes, people liked it and saw potential and it was extended with adult language features. Pascal of today is not the Pascal of 1970.
Cant say the same about C which hasnt changed much over the years.
>>
>>60261369
I'm unlucky then.
From the second I install it I have a problem with the compile and execute path.

Then all kinds of random errors can be thrown (not from the code) when I compile it.

And it's really outdated, so unless I'm making a mistake by using the binary from their website and not using some version from github, this thing isn't adapted for win10.

>inb4 using win 10
>>
>>60261241
>>60261241
Since it is compiled it can be almost as fast as C if the compiler is optimized well.
Since C is much more popular, compilers for C are better optimized.
And Pascal is miles ahead of popular interpreted shit like Python and JS.
>>
>>60261426
This is literally what I just said
It's primarily a schooling language then those who got serious with it managed to make it do more.

But the limitations are there.
Python and Delphi exist for a reason.
>>
>>60261465
I set my own compile and execute commands and never had any problems
Never had any errors compiling either
What languages are you using it with ?
I'm using with Rust; Java and Haskell and never had any problem.
>>
>>60260874
Go fucking eat your quiche somewhere else
>>
I've never bothered with it but an old coworker of mine always used it for all his quick and dirty gui applications and he's probably the smartest guy I've ever worked with
>>
>>60261498
Free pascal.
I don't know what the problem is.
Wherever I install it, it never recognize any executing path even when I add it to the system.

I didn't have time to see why, when I installed Lazarus it was clear that it's far superior
>>
>>60261143
>>60261166
ya but is not pascal native?
>>
>>60263604
Depends on how far you go calling things native.
>>60260874
When it became an ISO standard, due to C shills.
After that, due to the lack of standardization of modern language features.

I mean, it was a great experience and hedgewars was one of the most bugfree foss games i've witnessed, in no small part thanks to not being written in C, but honestly, as modern compiled programming languages go there are comfier things, like Crystal or golang and I don't create GUIs that often that the godlike GUI creator'd be worth it.
Thread posts: 17
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.