[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

This man is a true genius and the most valuable Google engineer.

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 184
Thread images: 32

File: jeff dean single monitor.jpg (208KB, 1200x801px) Image search: [Google]
jeff dean single monitor.jpg
208KB, 1200x801px
This man is a true genius and the most valuable Google engineer. He's like a God at Google and not even the CEO would go against him. He literally made Google what it is today and wrote/worked-on all of their most important software stacks. He's worth hundreds of millions of dollars.

Now, notice something interesting:

He doesn't have two, three or four monitors and he doesn't have some gigantic TV screen that kills your focus and distracts him from everything important.

He's not distracted by having a phone out on his desk, because he doesn't use such technology as a lifeline like consumerist millennial do who'd literally die without their phone.

He doesn't have some bullshit meme mech keyboard with some special switches that were forged by elves in Japan from katana-grade steel and lights that emit perfect sRGB colors.

He doesn't have some tricked out text editor with million different features and colors.

He doesn't run some super-autistic Linux distro like Arch that demands you babysit it all the time.

He doesn't have some DE with customized CSS US that you usually see in tons of threads on here.

He didn't even change the default theme, colors or the default background.

He can afford all that shit, yet he doesn't waste his time on it. Instead, he writes 100x more lines of code than you and is 1,000,000x more accomplished than you'll ever be. And he's infinitely smarter than you'll ever be.

So quit falling for fucking memes and quit craving all the latest bullshit that gets posted on here in these cancerous consumerist "generals" threads. Mark my words, and this is coming from a professional: there's nothing more pathetic than consumers who think having multi-monitor setups makes them productive.
>>
Yet he still looks like a fucking nerd lmao
>>
what a tech illiterate lmao, bet his code is all pasted from stack overflow
>>
>>60260419
that monitor is (was) worth more than 95% of /bst/ monitors
>>
>>60260419
>What is personal preference?
OP I know that you are poor and you can't afford more than one 14" 4:3 monitor but you have to understand that people have different tastes.
>>
I work for an investment fund in the quant team and the coders all have multiple monitors. Increases productivity, you don't have to switch between windows. If I run emacs on my main monitor and have another monitor for reading the doc of an API and another for unit testing, I don't have to invest the time of switching and thus loosing concentration
>>
Since my dedicated GPU broke I now only have one screen instead of two.
At work I still have two.
Honestly, I don't know what I prefer.
Programming didn't get worse with one screen.
>>
>>60260550
>Programming didn't get worse with one screen
what did get worse tho?
>>
File: 6000059999.jpg (9KB, 234x216px) Image search: [Google]
6000059999.jpg
9KB, 234x216px
> You can't be good at something if you're not doing exactly the same as a man who was well-known for not being trash-tier in that subject
What is personal taste ?
What if I tell you vanilla and talent aren't related in any way ?

C'mon OP you can do better than this
>>
>>60260419
>an autistic cuck is your role model

Yeah ok, you go ahead and try to be like him and see how it works out
>>
>>60260550
>Programming didn't get worse with one screen.
This sentence doesn't make any sense.
>>
>>60260419
if i were intelligent enough to do shit for google i too would stop procrastinating by using arch and finally actually do something productive
alas that is not the case so i accept my lot in live
>>
File: 1470013771914.jpg (99KB, 934x964px) Image search: [Google]
1470013771914.jpg
99KB, 934x964px
>>60260419
>microsoft ergonomics keyboard 4000

my man
>>
>>60260419
someone should make a klossy edit of this pic
>>
You know there is kinda a point to what the op says. Sometimes having shit being simple,uncomplicated is better for you. More time to devote to other things. Plus why spend a lot of money if you don't gotta? Save those greenbacks for when the shit really does hit the fan or hide it for the day "honey I think we should get a divorce" hits you in the face. You'll be thankful you done it after the now ex-wife takes half your visible assets not to mention the cost of the lawyer/court fees.
>>
>>60260419
ricing isn't about productivity, it's about fun you retard
>>
>>60260419
>doesn't have some gigantic TV screen

It's HP ZR30w and it was the biggest consumer monitor you could buy back in 2010.
>>
File: leonard.jpg (24KB, 515x375px) Image search: [Google]
leonard.jpg
24KB, 515x375px
i argue that things like doubled up monitors and flashy IDEs with bells and whistles are fine, but only when you have worked with shitty free text editors and tiny laptop screens enough that you can appreciate what they offer.

you should never acquire a new piece of hardware/software without knowing specific, concrete reasons why they will be more useful or increase productivity
>>
>>60260828
>consumer
https://www.gnu.org/philosophy/words-to-avoid.html#Consumer
>>
>>60260419
It looks like he's emulating tiling WM behaviour.
Whatever, I'm redeeming your bait thread. Forget this "Google" adman nerd, here's a someone who did something worthwhile: Arch Linux.

https://usesthis.com/interviews/judd.vinet/

> I use the i3 tiling window manager,
>I rely heavily on keyboard shortcuts for my favourite applications. In fact, most of the time I have the mouse/trackpad disabled. I can run my window manager, editor, and web browser (mostly) without an active pointing device.
>Fiio E11 portable headphone amplifier
>>
>>60260867

I agree, never liked the word.

It also carries degenerative connotations.
>>
>>60260419
>Two monitors is bad because one guy who specifically does autismo shit with no graphics involved doesn't need them.

Sorry retard but my work isn't all in my head, I need to see it because it's visual in nature. Clicking back and forth between shit is inferior to just having it all in front of me.
>>
File: john_Carmack_working.jpg (41KB, 468x332px) Image search: [Google]
john_Carmack_working.jpg
41KB, 468x332px
>>60260419
This is John Carmack, coding Quake. He's probably the most influential developer in the video game world, almost singlehandedly pushed the concept of 3D games from concept into existence into commercial success. He's a far better programmer than you'll ever be.

This is a 28" 1920x1080 monitor. In 1995. It's a gigantic CRT monitor back when those were prohibitively expensive. This is because Carmack realised the importance of having enough screen real-estate to get work done. Programming consists very much of managing complexity, and the more complexity you have to hold in your head, the more likely you are to make mistakes. So if you can fit more information on your screen the flow of the program is clearer and several tasks like debugging and refactoring become easier.

This was in 1995. If you want to artificially keep your screen real-estate low because of some weird conceptions about distractions and productivity, you're shooting yourself in the foot and actively making things harder for yourself.
>>
File: _3.JPG.jpg (79KB, 600x800px) Image search: [Google]
_3.JPG.jpg
79KB, 600x800px
He just doesn't know because hes busy. If he tried a few switches out he would probably buy one.
Of course a 32 inch 4k monitor is better than a few 1080 ones but they're really expensive.
that's the Google internal Ubuntu and its probably not hos main PC so he didn't bother taking 3 minutes to turn on numix
>>
File: bjarne-hhkb.jpg (63KB, 630x303px) Image search: [Google]
bjarne-hhkb.jpg
63KB, 630x303px
>>60260419
This is Bjarne Stroustrup, the inventor of C++. This man invented one of the 3 biggest programming languages, one that is extensively used by Google and many other companies. Nearly every language that came after it ended up taking some pages out of the book of C++. He's a far better programmer than you'll ever be.

No, not the monitors, I made that point in my last post. The keyboard. It's a Happy Hacking keyboard, with the expensive Topre capacitive switches. This is because the typing comfort of capacitive switches is very different from regular keyboards. It doesn't have the stiffness of mechanical, nor the lack of feedback of membrane. It's a keyboard that thins the barrier between thinking and typing, allow you to type at the speed of thought. The feedback means that your muscle memory can easily adapt to it and you don't need to bottom out, risking all kinds of long-term ailments in your wrists.

This is because Stroustrup realised the importance of having good tools that won't lead to injury over time, as well as reducing the friction between conception and action.

If you want to forcibly restrict yourself to some shitty-ass keyboard that has zero feedback and will lead to RSI 20 years from now, you're shooting yourself in the foot and actively making things harder for yourself.
>>
>he doesn't have some gigantic TV screen that kills your focus and distracts him from everything important
That screen is pretty fucking huge though
also having more than one screen can be useful in some cases
>>
red is the fuckin default color?
wtf
>>
>>60261592
There are two HHKBs in that picture
>>
>>60260419
>anecdotal evidence based on a staged photoshoot
Well done, I'm SURE this is the most credible way of making your point.
>>
>>60260419
Congrats autist, you figured it out
>>
>>60260419
Does he even vape?
>>
>>60260419
I've just installed Gentoo and feel like a god amongst archlinux babies here. I don't need to become a top tier Google programming to achieve that.
>>
>>60261446
>were prohibitively expensive
So what? He made a worthwhile investment, exactly what point OP is making.
>This was in 1995
Needs for screen real-estate are exactly the same now as they were back then. The shell hasn't changed, you can still open up a single 80-character wide terminal and write code.
>>60261592
Same point above. A worthwhile investment. Desk is clean, unlike the consumerist workstation threads posted on /g/. No multi-colored keycaps in front of a riced out distro on tri-monitors with RBG glow over the entire room ready to be posted in one of the many perpetual generals dedicated to consumerism.
>>
File: 23434643.jpg (85KB, 800x467px) Image search: [Google]
23434643.jpg
85KB, 800x467px
>>60260419
>>60261446
>>60261592

SemiGod's
>>
>>60260419
Thats all fine and good, but i dont play around with computers for money, i do it for fun

You lose OP, you lose
>>
File: 0002.gif (18KB, 128x128px) Image search: [Google]
0002.gif
18KB, 128x128px
>>60262500
Word
>>
>>60260419
Wow!
We all should do everything he does in order to be successful.
>>
File: mattmckenzie2b.jpg (57KB, 284x360px) Image search: [Google]
mattmckenzie2b.jpg
57KB, 284x360px
>>60260419
Just passing through but this line of thinking applies to literally everything in life.

>I'm bad at running I'll buy expensive shoes
>I'm bad at art, I'll buy expensive prismacolor markers
>I'm bad at writing, I'll buy an expensive moleskine notebook and a hipster fountain pen

People want purchasable distractions to make them feel accomplished. Truly hard working people can make do with the bare minimum. They don't make mistakes or excuses based on what they don't have, they see opportunity in what they do have.

Good thread OP.
>>
>>60262889
That's a pretty bad argument for minimalism. Just because you can "make do" with the bare minimum doesn't mean you wouldn't get better results if you had the proper tools. Yeah, if you're just starting to run, you shouldn't spend too much on the shoes. But if you intend to run a marathon, you probably shouldn't do it with shoes that will start hurting your feet after the first 5 km.
>>
>>60260419
This is like half bait but actually pretty much spot on. Way back when I first got into the meme distros like Arch, I spent waaay too much time ricing and tweaking and accidentally breaking and then fixing my xorg.conf, grub.conf, etc. Now that I am out of college and working full time I came to the realization that what's most important is getting stuff doneâ„¢, not endlessly updating my color scheme. I haven't changed my emacs configuration significantly since over a year ago, and I now use Debian Testing. I still use i3 (can't seem to find anything else that is as comfy), but other than that I try to spend my time being actually productive.
>>
>>60262984
>>60262889
>>60262610
I think there is some confusion on the point OP was trying to make. I reckon he was arguing for a distraction-free environment and all the consumerist hardware nowadays can work as a distraction while it should be a simple means to an end. There's nothing wrong with getting good hardware, as >>60261592 and >>60261446 pointed out.
>>
>>60260419
is he virgin? If he is virgin he is not that genius actually it makes him very stupid.
>>
>>60260419
>he writes 100x more lines of code than you
This is a poor measurement of software productivity.
>>
>>60263074
GET SHREKT OP
>>
>>60260419
>He doesn't have two, three or four monitors and he doesn't have some gigantic TV screen that kills your focus and distracts him from everything important.
that's what, a 28" 4K monitor? I understand bitching about phones and mech keyboards, but having enough screen space is common sense.
>>
>>60260530
Hit a hotkey to switch instead of turning your head every 5 seconds
>>
>>60263152
Then you can't type while you read
>>
>>60263258
You might as well copy-paste everything if you have to write every line dictated by a guide.
>>
>trying to convince consumerist normalshit newfag populatuon which replaced anons a long time ago
Wew, OP, don't waste your time, you're better of baiting about amd vs intel or some other generic RGB mechanical trichromatic diatonal keyboard or something.
>>
>>60263301
>Hurr your use case is wrong
>>
>>60261531
What kind of eGPU adapter is this?
>>
>>60263441
It's for some lenovo laptop.
The caddy can be repleaced with a second graphics card.
>>
>>60260419

>children stop doing childish things!!!

Do you know which website you're posting on?
>>
>>60263066
pay attention to details. This is why you will never make it as a professional in any field.

He is wearing a wedding band in the first picture.
>>
>MX518
>'muh gayman mouse'
>>
>>60260419
hes an asshole
>>
>>60260419
what book is that? Erlang?
>>
>>60260419
those keyboards are shit .. m$ ergonomic
>>
>>60260500
cd code
cd .
cd
cd
cd ..
cd /
cd code
cd
cd
cd ..
cd .
>>
>>60260419
>Facing the window with all the glare

That's worse possible place for working.
>>
>>60260419
>most valuable employee
>sits at a bench desk, no private office
>>
>>60267446
it's called 'teams', maybe if you're lucky and get a job one day you'll be in one
>>
What's the book in the bottom left?
>>
>>60267415
>not using a matte screen
>>
>>60267467
fuck teams. I want an office where I can shut the door and fap
>>
Too bad you all are ignoring the most important point of OP: generals are cancer. But I guess that's not surprising since it's at the end of the post and you fags don't read that far.
>>
>>60260511
Yes, nouveau rich have ostentatious taste. Unless you're a graphic designer or something there's no practical reason to buy that shit.
>>
>>60260419
>He doesn't have two, three or four monitors and he doesn't have some gigantic TV screen that kills your focus and distracts him from everything important.

Single monitors is very common.

>He's not distracted by having a phone out on his desk, because he doesn't use such technology as a lifeline like consumerist millennial do who'd literally die without their phone.

Maybe it's in his bag or somewhere nearby.

>He doesn't have some bullshit meme mech keyboard with some special switches that were forged by elves in Japan from katana-grade steel and lights that emit perfect sRGB colors.

His employer probably didn't supply him with the option to use fancy keyboards.

>He doesn't have some tricked out text editor with million different features and colors.
>He didn't even change the default theme, colors or the default background.

You usually do whatever your coworkers do as well.

>He doesn't run some super-autistic Linux distro like Arch that demands you babysit it all the time.

You generally don't customize the computer that your employer provides for you.
>>
>>60267503
I've started my own business.

Yeah, doing accounting and taxes is a much better way to use your brain....
>>
File: gerardoriendo.jpg (94KB, 1207x909px) Image search: [Google]
gerardoriendo.jpg
94KB, 1207x909px
> being an employee instead of a CEO of own company

what a waste of brain.
>>
>>60267542
>nouveau rich

- America, please.
>>
File: thicc.webm (2MB, 512x384px) Image search: [Google]
thicc.webm
2MB, 512x384px
>>60260419
>dat monitor
>>
File: 41wloaYI71L.jpg (19KB, 332x500px) Image search: [Google]
41wloaYI71L.jpg
19KB, 332x500px
>>60267347
>>
>>60260419
>Now, notice something interesting:
how he's at the office?
>>
>>60267574
Why are thin screens even a thing?

Who gives a shit if it's 5cm or 5mm?
>>
>>60260419
whoa hold on there my guy, if you think too hard you might discover the magic of personal preference
>>
>>60267641
Only limp-wristed faggots complain about thick screens because they couldn't lift them.
>>
File: 1494102508838.jpg (64KB, 556x436px) Image search: [Google]
1494102508838.jpg
64KB, 556x436px
Am I the only one here who remembers this thread from the last 20 times it was posted???
>>
I bet he doesn't even like loli
>>
>>60260419
I don't see the point of multiple monitors for programming either, but then I'm no programmer (except for some scripting that doesn't count)
I'm just a structural engineer though, and FOR ME it's pretty easy to see that multiple monitors are useful and save me a lot of time because of the shitton of information I have to cross-check all the time.
>>
>>60267479
Matte screens only minimize glare.
>>
>>60267580
thanks
>>
>>60260419
>not having two screens so you can view the latest kino whilst updating your film blog

topkek, I'll bet he's a virgin.
>>
>>60261446
>It's a gigantic CRT monitor back when those were prohibitively expensive.

So what? He had made millions and millions from Doom. He was driving a Ferrari and would have bought that monitor even if it costed 10x more.
>>
File: where he go.png (69KB, 300x300px) Image search: [Google]
where he go.png
69KB, 300x300px
>>60267698
what this guy said
>>
>>60260419

Nah, i get what you are driving at, even if in a very pretentious way.

At work I have 3 large screens attached to screen arms in a V,H,H setup and I do love it for most of what I do.

But whenever I feel like I'm gonna be hitting my head against a wall a few times due to the complexity of the problem I just undock my laptop and go work with just it and some headphones on a couch somewhere.

That way I stay entirely focused on the task at hand. I also often turn off my mail.

People know that when I do that they should fuckin' mess with me.

It werks. It's the best of both worlds.
>>
>>60267929

I don't browse 4chan often enough to notice.

It's a good feeling.
>>
>>60260419
He does has a latte though unlike /g/ which only does french press
>>
>>60261446
That's just because he was creating games where graphics then matter
>>
>>60260508
what monitor is it?
>>
File: IMG_3931.png (145KB, 500x489px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_3931.png
145KB, 500x489px
OP stop telling everyone the secrets of being actually based. making more competition for us as a bulb may switch on in the retards' dense skulls
>>
I have my waifu as background in vim and she motivates me
>>
I have two monitors and a mechanical keyboard at work because I like to enjoy typing and you can suck my dick.
>>
>>60269936
Lattes are for faggots.
>>
>>60260419
>setups makes them productive
its all about efficiency my man.
its nice to be able to have fire fox full screen, a couple portrait oriented file managers open, and a screen for the security cameras all open without having to switch between them like a mad cunt all day every day.

anyone who says otherwise is to arrogant and stuck up their own ass like those old guys that are still pissed off about rock music.
literally "hank hill not wanting a new truck" tier.
>>
>>60270438
it's literally milk and coffee
>>
>>60270157

It's an older HP 30" IPS 16:10 professional grade that did 2560x1600 back when it was kinda rare. The mode escapes me but it was at one point a $1500 monitor.

I'm sure that google programmer has a 40" 4k display now.
>>
>>60270886
security cameras?
>>
>>60270438
What's wrong with a latte

It's a nice combination of milk and coffee, how can you not like that
>>
>>60260419
>genius
>web artisan who makes botnets for a living

I think not.
>>
File: 1493949817542.jpg (47KB, 640x640px) Image search: [Google]
1493949817542.jpg
47KB, 640x640px
>>60260419
what I got from all this posts is that 4:3 and 16:10 are the patricians' choice for productivity.
Feels good to have a 30" 16:10 and a 4:3

16:9 and 21:9 cucks need to GTFO.
>>
>>60270913
QED
>>
>>60260419
What kind of monitor is that?
The only squarish monitors I can find are all small and refurbished.
>>
>>60271097
Aspect ratio alone without monitor size mean nothing. A 40" 16:9 is way better than a 23" 16:10
>>
>>60271227
read the thread faggot.
>>
>>60271026
All the old people died off and white trashed moved in everywhere.
crack heads are stealing all kinds of shit in my neighborhood.
I got cameras to help me keep an eye on my place. I especially like to have he front door on a monitor for when I have the doors opened up (for air flow) so I know noone is walking in on me.

my grandma has had people just walk in her house a few times.
my grandpa heard someone on the porch one morning (fenced in yard, gated porch), he opened the door and saw some guy on their porch looking around at shit. He said "can I help you" and the guy replies "no, Im just looking for something"

this city is getting bad.
>>
>>60260508
Nah, that could either be z24 or z30, i guess. I have had the z24 for five years, its not an expensive monitor.
>>
>>60265189
Why are bands not called finger rings? Snert.
>>
>>60263441
>>60263706
Lenovo Y510p. The ultrabay is used for either a second GPU or a CD slot. I have one, wouldn't recommend but works ok as a desktop replacement for what /g/ would call a casual.
>>
Nice pasta OP, not even joking, saved. Even though, /g/ is about autism and placebo setups, this is what we live for because we are basement neets.
>>
>>60260419
My favorite pasta
>>
>>60260419
fucking casual
>>
I agree with OP, but I'm not giving up my manchild battlestation.
>>
>>60261592
Stroustrup doesn't use that hipster keyboard anymore
>>
>>60265189
how can i know i never married before? Also
>marrying someone
Isn't this guy millionaire already? If he is not he is cucking by google so hard.
>>
>>60261446
>This was in 1995
No it's from a Doom 3 behind the scenes video faggot.
>>
>>60261446

> So if you can fit more information on your screen the flow of the program is clearer and several tasks like debugging and refactoring become easier.

Then we use VR headsets? I mean... that is why Carmack is working at Oculus, right?
>>
>>60261592
Is that Windows XP?
>>
>>60261446
>nd the more complexity you have to hold in your head, the more likely you are to make mistakes

there is literaly one fucking ide window open shitlord!
>>
>>60260419
>1 monitor
check out the reflections in the window.
>>
>>60260419
FUCK GOOGLE!

~Posted from an Android.
>>
File: Screen.png (3MB, 2106x1404px) Image search: [Google]
Screen.png
3MB, 2106x1404px
>>60260419
I count 3 separate computers in his office
>>
>>60260419
what is that monitor he uses, I might pick one.
>>
>>60279985
you need 7+ taskbar tweaker to make it slim anon. Look it up.
>>
>>60260567
checked
>>
>>60260419
lmao what a fucking faggot rofl
>>
>>60260419
This is what I can tell you from that pictures:
> He works at the shitiest Google campus: the Kirkland one.
> He have to share the same space with at least five other engineers.
> His desk is a mess: unorganized and full of crap (dirty coffee cup, three pens, old Corovan box, etc).
> He uses a cheap crappy keyboard, probably too afraid to try new/better hardware.
> iPhone earbuds, lol.
> Shitty low-impedance headphone.
> He needs to refer to a grad-student level book ("Handbook of Neuroevolution Through Erlang"), probably working on things he shouldn't because of obvious lack of knowledge.
> Unity?? probably too stupid for xmonad.
> Awful chair, enjoy your CTS, faggot.
> Red text is known to generate eye strain. Probably why he also needs eye drops...

Also, Google is shit.
>>
>>60280831
sums it all up.
/thread
>>
>>60278058
[citation needed]
>>
File: 1493474552567.jpg (5KB, 252x161px) Image search: [Google]
1493474552567.jpg
5KB, 252x161px
I am going to honestly reply to this bait thread

what if he doesn't have all his fancy shit because...i don't know...hes at work and trying to be professional?
He isn't there to rice his development environment at work, he is getting paid to design and write code.
I can tell you that my work computer is way different than my home computer. I may not work at google
but the same principles apply to any professional workplace.

Also, every fucking place I have worked nice shit gets stolen by the beaner cleaning crews after hours so the
less valuable shit you bring to work the better.
>>
>>60260419
>noobuntu
>unity
>>
>>60260743
>saving money just for your wife to take it in divorce

By that line of thought you should just bankrupt yourself son she gets nothing
Really makes me think
>>
>>60260419

Fuck you I love my 4k monitor for coding. Sometimes you need to look at three things at once. An editor maybe a terminal depending on what you are playing with. Could be some databse you are logged into. Also whatever documentation you need to look at.
>>
>>60281063
>I can tell you that my work computer is way different than my home computer
>implying you have a work computer
>implying you have a job
>>
>>60262889
>I'm bad at running I'll buy expensive shoes

It doesn't matter if you're good or bad at running.If you do it often you need good shoes. Stupid analogy.
>>
>>60281704
>fat nigger detected
>>
File: 2017-05-08_23-04-18.png (65KB, 690x471px) Image search: [Google]
2017-05-08_23-04-18.png
65KB, 690x471px
>>60260939
seems to work out
>>
>>60260419
>ergonomic keyboard
>giant screen
>not a gimmick chaser
k
>>
""jej""
>>
>>60282801
>ergonomic keyboard
>bad
>big screen
>bad
Okay, mr teenage contrarian.
>>
>>60260419
I agree with OP. It's important to not get distracted with non-important things like fancy motirors, keyboard and mouse and phone ringing.
>>
>>60260419
stop projecting your insecurities on this board with this shit post every week
>>
>>60262984
And thus we see what lies behind the curtain. It isn't minimalism, it's conspicuous non-consumption, the same kind of attention whoring behavior, but a bit easier to lie abot
>>
All he does is answer email anymore. You don't need more than one monitor for that.
>>
Consumerism is why /g/ is shit. OP is right.
>>
>>60260419

TL;DR: Fuck you, nigger, God at google doesn't mean what's good for him is good for me.

Good for him. However, you pushing this in my face does nothing. He just doesn't care. Doesn't mean not making your pc more "comfy" is better.

I have Kali with i3wm on it and after a week or so of on-off ricing it (making it comfy as issues arose and I felt I could make them better). Now, my laptop boots in 20 seconds and a simple key combo opens WPS and Okular with the book I am working on.

I have shortcuts for a load of other things, but it's a work laptop. I didn't change the wallpaper in months and I haven't gone on with ricing for months as well. As for i3, I just like that it uses all the space available and splits automatically (WPS and Okular get perfectly squared off without my doing anything).
>>
>>60260419
Yet he needs to use four drinking vessels. Such a lack of focus.
Kidding aside, each to their own work method.
>>
>>60262984

Running barefoot is the best way, to enable proper correction of footlanding rather than shoes that compensate for bad feet landing or with the latest Nike runners pumping your foo t down to spring into next stride. Totally incorrect for the feet and ankles
>>
>>60260419
Also he's gay?
>>
>>60260592
maybe get more sleep then?
not even him
>>
>>60260419
This cunt literally looks like he wouldn't be able to hold any form of normal conversation with someone.

autismal af
>>
How new are all of you? Someone posts this pasta every couple of months and people always fall for the bait.
>>
>>60260419
Everything looked completely normal...
Then you notice it.
Below his desk. This man has a cable going below his monitor.
Just where does it go?
Why does it go?
Only he knows. However as your eyes adjust to the darkness you realize it. The entire builiding is a computer.

The man is standing atop a cthulu sized computer. He begins wooshing as he types. He is more man than machine now. USBs embedded into his fingers. Fully in control of his daemons.

God is screaming at him to stop but he does not relent. He goes for another coffee and another. His assistants only job is to bring him his nutriants. He continues typing. Each finger Usb falling on the keys like a hammer.

Then crushes all the existance out of it as it gives birth to the phoenix of lighted code within the machine. He is writing and destroying worlds. The angels weep as he tears out another wing. Unmercifully the golem below stirs. You realize that the building he is standing in is not actually a room but a computer. He is screaming eternally on the inside yet the machine hears no mercy it just wants more code. So he types on.

The moment of clarity comes as the sharp bell toll for lunch hits the hour upon the clock. He stands from his work load. Adjusts his glasses and downloads his sandwich. The assistant screams as he too is downloaded, glitching between happy and sad as he begins to be rewritten into a thoughtform more pleasing to his Lord. He is happy now. Happy to become nutritious code.

His ram leaking from his pockets as he is assimilated. For a moment the universe is silent but the glasses do not relent. He is smiling. Smiling at the code...as the code...smiles back.
>>
>>60260419
ADD ME TO THE LEDDIT SCREENCAP AGAIN
>>
>>60280831
Lol, you're a just bitter loser who got rejected by Google.
>>
File: maxresdefault.jpg (264KB, 1920x1080px) Image search: [Google]
maxresdefault.jpg
264KB, 1920x1080px
>>60260419
Imagine how productive he would be with a real man's setup like this one
>>
File: What you need to see.jpg (2MB, 4032x3790px) Image search: [Google]
What you need to see.jpg
2MB, 4032x3790px
>>60260623
>>60260939
>>60262500
>>60263014
>>
File: 1492253177603.png (31KB, 720x644px) Image search: [Google]
1492253177603.png
31KB, 720x644px
>>60260419
>MX518
>>
File: 1439873305194.png (82KB, 239x229px) Image search: [Google]
1439873305194.png
82KB, 239x229px
>>60261531
>the slot is the only thing supporting the GPU
>>
>>60287431
cancer
>>
>>60261531
This adapter is fine, but cooling of the CPU in that laptop is shit. I've got both the y510p and this adapter (bought from Gerald off eBay) and games work pretty good with Rx 470 until the CPU throttles (I've got the 4700MQ one, maybe the i5 one is fine, dunno). It takes like 10-15 minutes for the CPU to throttle in Overwatch (fps limited to 75). Now I need to sell both the laptop and adapter to be able to 'really' play games. eGPU's are a cool idea, but if CPU coolers in laptop won't get any better, then there is no point of having a high end GPU with a laptop.
>>
>>60285603
>Kali
dropped from life
>>
>>60280831
wow, you must be very successful on your career? care to share your recent accomplishment?

Sorry but having a 2TB worth of chinese cartoons is not a accomplishment.
>>
>>60260500
>bet his code is all pasted from stack overflow
fuck you found me out
>>
>>60260419
Jeff pls go
>>
>>60279776
IIRC he uses windows but he has a linux server which he uses remotely if he needs more computational power.
>>
File: .png (118KB, 453x747px) Image search: [Google]
.png
118KB, 453x747px
Minimalize.
>>
File: IMG_20170505_214118.jpg (256KB, 1280x960px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_20170505_214118.jpg
256KB, 1280x960px
Now imagine where google would be if he had all of those things.

We could have google maps for the whole universe.
>>
>>60291748
I know this is bait but filtered.
>>
>>60260419
He has a meme mouse though.
>>
>>60260419
He uses emacs which is pimped the fuck out
>>
>>60260567
>filename
kek
>>
File: tumblr_ooto3vwY701u4mzl9o1_1280.jpg (41KB, 640x429px) Image search: [Google]
tumblr_ooto3vwY701u4mzl9o1_1280.jpg
41KB, 640x429px
>>
>>60266926
I use a G402 as I have the extra buttons mapped to volume up/down and audio play/pause. i dont play any games though. one nice thing about the mouse is it has onboard memory so the button configuration works on every machine without needing to configure any shitty logitech software.
>>
>>60279985
they are different machines. that isnt his office but his lab.
>>
>>60260419
I bet he lives in a shoe box because San Fran is expensive.
>>
Can confirm that having more than 1 monitor encourages you to slack off with watching youtube or doing something else stupid.
It is occasionally useful for displaying documentation of whatever you need but for the most part I use it for background noise like when I work like playing music. Which doesnt require a second monitor.
>>
>>60286236
It's also a fantastic way to lose additional weight from all the parasites you'll pick up.

I'm on the durathon circuit in Sierra-West. Every single one of the hipsters who've done the barefoot trend have had complications due to worms. It's really disgusting. If you want the barefoot experience at least get wraps.
>>
File: 1476000232423.png (570KB, 756x754px) Image search: [Google]
1476000232423.png
570KB, 756x754px
>>60260419
Consumerist whores BTFO!
>>
>>60300064
>posts the animutard
>>
File: 1471322449955.jpg (58KB, 500x500px) Image search: [Google]
1471322449955.jpg
58KB, 500x500px
>>60300514
on an anime site
>>
>>60260419
>there's nothing more pathetic than consumers who think having multi-monitor setups makes them productive.
Oh yeah there is... professionals that believe that multi-monitor setups make them productive...

Usually it's a cause of doing too much anyway or poor workflow... but i've seen people get hyperautistic if they or someone else doesn't have >1 monitor... like please....
>>
>>60260419
but how can i shitpost on /g/, watch memes, update my spotify playlists and watch funny videos in the tube while working with a single monitor????????
>>
I have four 24" monitors at work cause we support legacy browser based stuff that scales poorly if you resize (one is vertical for document editing however). I use a generic Dell mouse and combo. They're on vesa mounts so I can use the remaining desk space for paperwork. I don't have to pay for it so there's no reason to be frugal. My desk is pretty clear apart from that though, excluding coffee rings and a mug.

As an observation though, if you are concerned with how someone else works then you probably won't make it; it's really odd to pick about someone else's work flow, and suggests you would not be good in a team environment. Part of life is accepting and coping with change. Learn that and move on.
Thread posts: 184
Thread images: 32

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.