[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

>Build PC >Core2Duo >Intel DQ35JO motherboard, 4GB DDR2

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 7
Thread images: 1

File: sigh.png (73KB, 244x244px) Image search: [Google]
sigh.png
73KB, 244x244px
>Build PC
>Core2Duo
>Intel DQ35JO motherboard, 4GB DDR2 RAM (4x1GB identical)
>Boots fine, werks, etc.
>Open BIOS, only change the fucking date, literally nothing else, choose "save and exit"
>PSU powers on, DVD drive can be opened and closed but screen is black and nothing happens, no beeping sounds
>Reset BIOS by removing battery, and the jumper, same shit
>Finally try to remove 2 sticks of RAM, magically it turns on and works
>Try again with all 4 RAM sticks
>Nope.jpg
>I am now forced to use only 2GB RAM when it did work with 4GB in the past

Yes I know poorfag.

What the fuck?! Why did changing the date in the BIOS made my PC unable to use all 4 RAM sticks even after a BIOS reset, especially when the RAM used to work before? The RAM sticks are all identical and seated properly.
>>
>>60256234
You can use 3 sticks you know. In this day and age you're almost certainly better off with the extra RAM than dual-channel.
>>
>>60256234
Seems like bad ram to me.

Replace the 2 sticks that work with the ones that don't seem to work
>>
>>60256264
>In this day and age you're almost certainly better off with the extra RAM than dual-channel.

Pardon my ignorance, but can you please elaborate on why using 2+1 would be better than 2x dual channel?

>>60256285
I thought about this too, but it's a weird coincidence regardless. Everything worked fine right before the BIOS change.
>>
Probably a bad RAM stick, had a similar issue with my old RAM where I would boot into my OS and it would lock up after three seconds of use; upon restarting sometimes the damn thing wouldn't even POST. Just replace the RAM OP
>>
>>60256344
Because even if you're on a light OS like a useless minimalist Linux distro or fully-featured XP, in this day and age a browser eats up RAM.
I lived for years on a 2GB machine without much ever much breaking 600MB, until 2013-2014 when suddenly that pretty much tripled. With only 2GB you're probably going to be coming pretty close to running out of RAM just browsing the internet unless you're very judicious with tab usage.
>>
>>60256344
Intel has Intel Flex Memory Access which supports dual channel in one lane and single channel or having a 2gig and 4gig dimm run in dual channel on the lower 2G and single on the higher 2G

http://www.intel.com/content/www/us/en/support/boards-and-kits/000005657.html
Thread posts: 7
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.