[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

How come that Unity was the only DE that had the feature that

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 12
Thread images: 1

File: kde.png (607KB, 2880x1800px) Image search: [Google]
kde.png
607KB, 2880x1800px
How come that Unity was the only DE that had the feature that maximized windows titlebar blends into top panel thus saving space?

Seems like a good thing to have but nobody cared for it.
>>
it's not
https://extensions.gnome.org/extension/723/pixel-saver/
>>
>>60230234
I kind a expected that NOME would have I just didnt know or ever used it. Is it same as in Unity? All good and blends perfectly?
>>
>>60230254
yes, it's 100% the same; you can drag the window off the top bar to unmaximize it
the window icons are kinda awkwardly placed so I disabled them by editing the extension.js I think
I haven't encountered any bugs with it
>>
>>60230234
But why isn't it enabled by default? It's just better.
>>
>>60230312
because it doesn't do much for applications that use client side decorations for displaying stuff in the titlebar I guess
>>
>>60230254
kinda. the only annoying thing is that you cant choose the location of the buttons, they always get stuffed somewhere between the tray icon and panel widgets and it looks dumb
>>
>>60230217
But plasma does that if you place a panel on top and add active window controls to it. You can also do this without panel or active window controls.
>>
>>60232253
Teach me how
>>
>>60232683
https://store.kde.org/p/998910
>>
>>60233474
Thanks for the effort. So its a widget, I thought it was some built in feature in settings.
>>
>>60233490
.config/kwinrc
[Windows]
BorderlessMaximizedWindows=true
Thread posts: 12
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.