[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

What are the best calendar sync options or applications between

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 13
Thread images: 1

What are the best calendar sync options or applications between PC and Android, without using a google/gmail account.

Previously I primarily used Office Outlook to manage my calendar. Back when I had an iPhone years ago, this would work just fine.

Now I use Android, I can't natively synchronize the calendar to my phone. No I have to install some garbage plugin, have it copy the entries (one way) to a gmail account, then manually open the gmail calendar app on my phone before it shows up in my actual calendar.

This is such a clunky approach that I stopped using it. But I'm looking for a better solution now.

Preferably I'd like some sort of calendar application on Windows that can synchronize with an online profile that automatically works in the native calendar app.
>>
any caldav server.
>>
>>60227410
Thanks, I could look into setting up a small caldav server from a raspberry pi sometime.

For now it seems like the android application 'SmoothSync' might be a reasonable solution. This way I just continue to use the Apple iCloud calendar which I can access on the desktop through any/various applications.

It's supposed to completely integrate with the calendar app so I'm going to give that a shot. I'm not running stock android, but some custom ROM from the manufacturer, so I'll have to see if it works.
>>
>>60227367
I use nine mail and it's pretty amazing
>>
>>60227676
It looks very good. I'm going to go ahead and give the trial a shot. The SmoothSync app hasn't been updated since 2014, and although reviews are positive, I'm worried that it might not be a reliable solution.
>>
>>60227367
I just use Google
>>
>>60227367
a caldav server + davdroid
>>
>>60228479
Are there any thin/small caldav servers you'd recommend for Windows? And would it be possible to synchronize the calendar back to the caldav server?

Lets say my pc gets fried and I have to set it up again, could the local calendar from android by synchronized to it including the correct settings (like repeat event every x).
>>
>>60228569
>Are there any thin/small caldav servers you'd recommend for Windows?
no clue, i don't use windows
>And would it be possible to synchronize the calendar back to the caldav server?
yes, that's the point, it's a syncronizing thing, not just a one way backup thing
>>
>>60228605
Alright thanks for the info.

Any email clients you'd recommend? I just found out neither Office Outlook 2010 nor 2016 support CalDAV and it blew my mind. I hate MS more by the day.
>>
>>60228650
for windows? try thunderbird
>>
Outlook on phone and integrated calendar on desktop
>>
>>60227367
Why no Google? Disdain for the botnet?
Thread posts: 13
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.