[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

If I am standing physically next to an active server, but I cant

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 14
Thread images: 2

File: 1365100674081.jpg (1MB, 1800x1775px) Image search: [Google]
1365100674081.jpg
1MB, 1800x1775px
If I am standing physically next to an active server, but I cant actually access the machine, is there any way to find the IP address of the server?
>>
Depends what the server is used for, whether it's cloud "based" or not, and what tools you have at your disposal.

Quickest way could be to gain physical access to one of the right ports.

Why do you ask OP?
>>
open a browser
open google
type "what is my ip"
>>
>>60227049
you have to psychically connect with the server
>>
see the mac address and ask the isp of this
>>
When ask what ip, you have to ask which interface has this IP?

So if it's an ethernet port, you can find it by jacking in and running tcpdump.
>>
>>60227220
That's only if he's connected to it though.
>>
>>60227049
You probably can't find out the IP address.

Then again, from experience, I know that some IT guys actually give servers static IP addresses and often put a sticker on the server with aforementioned IP address. Look around, maybe there's an IP address written on it.

It is generally a common practice to give servers static IP addresses and to write such addresses down.
>>
>>60227049
OP get out of your middle school's server closet and get back to class.
>>
>>60227049
Run a script that loops through all IPs and hacks the computer so it plays a tune then when the tune appears on the server you can just check what IP you were hacking and you know the IP of the server
>>
Insert dick in a port than you will be physically connected than do what other anons said
>>
File: 1458231608209.jpg (74KB, 357x357px) Image search: [Google]
1458231608209.jpg
74KB, 357x357px
>>60227654
>>60227677
>>60227346
>>60227220

Joke replies are the cancer that is killing /g/
>>
>>60229393

Guys like you are the cancer that's killing /g/.
>>
>>60229393
OP is a joke though. Why is he asking such a shady question? Sounds like he's not supposed to be in that server closet if he doesn't know how port hijacking works.
Thread posts: 14
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.